Start by marking “Jacky Daydream” as Want to Read:
Jacky Daydream

Jacky Daydream

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  1,546 ratings  ·  78 reviews
Jacqueline Wilson, Britain’s Children’s Laureate, takes a look back at her own childhood in this captivating story of friendships, loneliness, books, toys, parents and much more. With photographs and new illustrations by Nick Sharratt, this book will delight all of Jacky’s fans — and be a treat for new readers too.

From the Hardcover edition.
Published April 8th 2008 by Corgi (first published April 24th 2007)

Faith
The true Jacqueline Wilson story. I Have only read one of her other books, but I think I can still say that this book is very true to her fictional style. JW really can write for children. She knows what they want and need and how to present it. Easy and entertraining. 100% child friendly.

Even thou I'm not a child anymore (ie a bit too old for this book) I really enjoyed the book. JW just writed in a fun way. All thou at some points i as an adult reader of course really felt that I was not part
Shannon Blake
Fantastic! The book runs through the first eleven years of Jacqueline Wilson's life and a little about her parents and grandparents. A must read for all fans.
e.c.h.a
I wouldn't be a writer now if I hadn't been a reader.

Sebuah pernyataan yang diungkapkan oleh Jacqueline Wilson di buku ini. Jacky, nama kecil Jac, menghabiskan masa kanaknya dengan membaca banyak buku. Dan di usia 9 tahun, Jacky sudah menulis ceritanya sendiri. Dan di suatu tempat bernama Bournemouth, Jacky berangan-angan menjadi penulis terkenal.

Jacky yang senang membaca, Jacky yang suka dengan boneka, Jacky yang sangat sayang dengan neneknya, Jacky yang tidak terlalu seia sekata dengan orang
Beth Bonini
I used this autobiography of Jacqueline Wilson's life (birth to age 11) as the basis for a Book Club lesson about the writer and her work. It is organised in an interesting, and rather unique, way: not only does each chapter address some aspect of JW's childhood, and include relevant pictures, but it also makes connections to the novels. (I know that one of the most common questions all authors get is "where do you get your ideas/characters from," and JW does much to try to answer that question. ...more
GingerDoll
This is the first Jacqueline Wilson book I've ever read. I'm about 25 years too old for her regular books but having seen her interviewed several times and reading a little about her she always came across as a very engaging lady. When I saw her autobiography in a charity shop I snapped it up, and what a treat it is.

Written in a warm, conversational manner it is obviously aimed at her younger readership but there is much to engage an older reader as well. Born in 1945 it takes us from birth to a
Catherine
May 10, 2009 Catherine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who has read her books
A fantastic autobiography! Very true to her ficitonal style and absolutely perfect for the children that read her books. Jacqueline is an absolutely inspirational children's author and has the most perfect knack for writing for children, whether she's writing fiction or non-fiction.

I found myself relating to so many things that she shared in this book. I just wish I had read it before I had the priveledge of meeting her earlier this year at the WHSmith book signing she did. I think I would have
Tamara Molan
I finished the book, but I didn't enjoy it. It was very dry and boring. I wouldn't give it more than a star. I love Jacqueline Wilson books, I've read all of her books (I stopped last year, I'm reading YA books now) but this one really wasn't good enough.
Mariam Abood
It was quite nice to read about the girl who would become the legend. Funnily enough this book actually helped me with A-level Sociology because in this book she talks about sitting the 11+ exams. Haha, it kind of gave me a sense of superiority because I knew about something on the syllabus that no-one else knew. But a really nice book.
Ursula Clancy
I never even finished this book because I found it too boring but that is just my opinion, I guess
Emily
not one of her best books
it about her life but the story a bit boring so I dont really like it
Lisa
This was when Jacqueline Wilson was small and talking about her childhood.
I like this book and I feel sorry for Jacqueline because she had five doll son one pram and there was a family across the street called the Maryons and they had a dog. The dog saw Jacky's dolls and 1 of her dolls were Timmithy which was a boy, and the dog grabbed Timmithy and ripped of his face and gave it back to Jacky. Jacky was so upset her mum ( Biddy and her father Harry) told her to put Timmithy in the bin but she tr
Arianna J
I found this book very interesting and a good read. It was nice how she showed how bits of her life translated to her life. I haven't however read many of her books so this didn't apply so much to me however I still found it quite interesting. I would definately tell people to read it whether or not they have read her books!
Aushy
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mollie
It's the true Jacqueline wilson story
Avery Liu
Jul 12, 2014 Avery Liu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I really want to read this!
Slow Man
This one has some funny bits. a painting that has turned the subject to a coal miner. Jacky truly has a sense of humour. This is my first Jacky book, i was not introduced her work when i was a child. Even grown-ups enjoy this. well-done, Jacky.

Overall, a wonderful read of childhood stories of the author by the author. Many grown-ups have trouble remembering their childhood series of events and yet, Jacky managed this job so well, taking us the readers through her personal events of her childhood
Lynne weir
This was such a lovely read. It really made me want to go out and buy dolls when I'd finished it even though I'm a bit old and those dolls always creeped me out as a kid. This book is perfect for everyone whether you are a Jacqueline Wilson fan, or someone who wants an authors view of being a story writter or even if you have never read a Jacqueline Wilson book in your life, you will love it. I must add the story about her grannys childhood was soo sad.
Rosie
It's about Jacqueline Wilson life and how she grew up
Susanna
She writes about her childhood in the same language that she uses in her stories, and it works realy well. If you were around at the time described it doesn't half take you back and remind you of what life was like then - and for young readers who regard the 50s as 'olden days' she explains lots of things that they might not have fully understood or appreciated otherwise. A real pleasure.
Jessica
Mar 27, 2012 Jessica rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like Autobiographys and little kiddie books
Recommended to Jessica by: Me
Shelves: autobiography
It was alright but I don't reccomend it to people who want a really good read. I usualy fall in love with her books straight away but this didn't work. I do reccomend her book Midnight though, it is so sad. So I rated it only 3 stars but her 'My Secret Diary' book about her teenage hood waas way better! 4, maybe 5 stars worth!
Ann
Jul 18, 2007 Ann rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes jaqueline wilson
i would recommend tis book to alll thefans tha love jaqueline wlson so much i wouldalso reccomend this book to people that would like to know jaqueline wilson much better. the book tells and explains in detail about her childhood i have enjoyed the book so much and i would possiblyrecommend the book to fans of jaqueline
Christiane
Jul 13, 2007 Christiane rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 9 years and over
My opinion for this book is that its one of jacqueline wilson,s best books ever. Even though shes my favourite aurthor i really didn,t know anything about her. This book has taught me more about her and how she grew up and has told everyone that reads her book what it was like growing up in those times.
Jane Branson
Read this to check it was suitable for my 9 year old... As with everything Jacqueline Wilson writes, it was very well put-together and immensely readable. And it was suitable for my daughter!
Brittany Solarz
I'm not a huge fan of Jacqueline Wilson and the last time I read one of her books was quite a while ago - however, this book was a cute little snippet into her childhood life. It is written very honestly, which I appreciate, but is still suitable for young children.
Missa
i think that this book is ok because it is about jacqueline wilson and how she became awriter i think that the book was a bit boring at the beginning but one it got to the middle it really exciting and funny i would recommend it to people who like auto-biographies
Sofia Conn
I loved this one but not as much as diamond
Sally
I brought this with book vouchers I had last year 08. I really enjoyed reading about my favourite childhood author and cannot wait to read the one of the teen years!

A must for all those who have enjoyed her books young or old.
Grade5 Five
I chose this book because the photographs inside reminded me of my Grandmother. I am very interested to read about some of Jacqueline Wilson's funny stories from when she was a little girl to when she was a teenager.
Charlotte
I thought that this was an interesting book because you started to learn more about the author. This book taught me about the author and how her books were inspired from everyday things. I liked this book.
  • The Hunger: The Diary of Phyllis McCormack, Ireland, 1845-1847
  • Friends in Small Places: Ruskin Bond's Ungorgettable People
  • Cool!
  • How I Saved My Father's Life (And Ruined Everything Else)
  • Indigo Blue
  • Charm School
  • Jimmy's Stars
  • War Nurse: The Diary of Kitty Langley, 1939-1940
  • Festival Of Eid
  • Flying High (Angels Unlimited, #3)
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named af ...more
More about Jacqueline Wilson...
The Story of Tracy Beaker Double Act Girls in Love (Girls, #1) The Illustrated Mum Vicky Angel

“I really don't know but I would quote for a book from JACQUELINE WILSON which is a very interesting book of her childhood.” 8 likes