Start by marking “Jacky Daydream” as Want to Read:
Jacky Daydream

Jacky Daydream

3.57  ·  Rating Details ·  2,142 Ratings  ·  102 Reviews
Everybody knows Tracy Beaker, Jacqueline Wilson's best-loved character. But what do they know about Jacqueline herself? In this fascinating book, discover. . . . . . how Jacky played with paper dolls like April in Dustbin Baby .. . . how she dealt with an unpredictable father like Prue in Love Lessons .. . . how she sat entrance exams like Ruby in Double Act. But most of a ...more
Published March 13th 2008 by RHUK (first published March 5th 2007)

Shannon Blake
Jun 19, 2014 Shannon Blake rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! The book runs through the first eleven years of Jacqueline Wilson's life and a little about her parents and grandparents. A must read for all fans.
Faith
Jan 12, 2009 Faith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007, biography
The true Jacqueline Wilson story. I Have only read one of her other books, but I think I can still say that this book is very true to her fictional style. JW really can write for children. She knows what they want and need and how to present it. Easy and entertraining. 100% child friendly.

Even thou I'm not a child anymore (ie a bit too old for this book) I really enjoyed the book. JW just writed in a fun way. All thou at some points i as an adult reader of course really felt that I was not part
Becky
Aug 01, 2016 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember this one because of the fact that I could never say the title correctly! It would always come out as "Dacky Jaydream" hahaha. I liked this book when I was younger, but I don't remember being wowed by it!
e.c.h.a
I wouldn't be a writer now if I hadn't been a reader.

Sebuah pernyataan yang diungkapkan oleh Jacqueline Wilson di buku ini. Jacky, nama kecil Jac, menghabiskan masa kanaknya dengan membaca banyak buku. Dan di usia 9 tahun, Jacky sudah menulis ceritanya sendiri. Dan di suatu tempat bernama Bournemouth, Jacky berangan-angan menjadi penulis terkenal.

Jacky yang senang membaca, Jacky yang suka dengan boneka, Jacky yang sangat sayang dengan neneknya, Jacky yang tidak terlalu seia sekata dengan orang
Shay
Dec 29, 2014 Shay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: female-author
I remember reading this about 5 years ago and I read it because I really enjoy the Jacqueline Wilson books. This however, was not fun. I just found that as a biography it switched from being very mythical and fabulous to real life too quickly and I don't know, I just remember hating it so much
Angela
Nov 21, 2007 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: jackie's fans
i think that this book is ok it is about jacqueline wilson life and about how she became a writer it's alright but in the beginning quite boring but in the middle good. overall i would give this book 7/10
Alsie
Jul 01, 2010 Alsie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jazmin
Jacqueline is one of my favorite authors. It's wonderful getting an insight into Jacqueline's life before she became a bestselling author.

I really liked it. Awesome read. :)
Sidi Bao
May 17, 2017 Sidi Bao rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable book because I had an insight to Jacqueline Wilson's life, an author I have always really liked. It was humorous as well as full of information. Even though it was a diary, it didn't seem like one because it was very interesting.
Beth Bonini
Jun 19, 2012 Beth Bonini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used this autobiography of Jacqueline Wilson's life (birth to age 11) as the basis for a Book Club lesson about the writer and her work. It is organised in an interesting, and rather unique, way: not only does each chapter address some aspect of JW's childhood, and include relevant pictures, but it also makes connections to the novels. (I know that one of the most common questions all authors get is "where do you get your ideas/characters from," and JW does much to try to answer that question. ...more
Jane
Jun 19, 2012 Jane rated it it was amazing
This is the first Jacqueline Wilson book I've ever read. I'm about 25 years too old for her regular books but having seen her interviewed several times and reading a little about her she always came across as a very engaging lady. When I saw her autobiography in a charity shop I snapped it up, and what a treat it is.

Written in a warm, conversational manner it is obviously aimed at her younger readership but there is much to engage an older reader as well. Born in 1945 it takes us from birth to a
Catherine
Apr 29, 2009 Catherine rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who has read her books
A fantastic autobiography! Very true to her ficitonal style and absolutely perfect for the children that read her books. Jacqueline is an absolutely inspirational children's author and has the most perfect knack for writing for children, whether she's writing fiction or non-fiction.

I found myself relating to so many things that she shared in this book. I just wish I had read it before I had the priveledge of meeting her earlier this year at the WHSmith book signing she did. I think I would have
Lisa
May 01, 2010 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was when Jacqueline Wilson was small and talking about her childhood.
I like this book and I feel sorry for Jacqueline because she had five doll son one pram and there was a family across the street called the Maryons and they had a dog. The dog saw Jacky's dolls and 1 of her dolls were Timmithy which was a boy, and the dog grabbed Timmithy and ripped of his face and gave it back to Jacky. Jacky was so upset her mum ( Biddy and her father Harry) told her to put Timmithy in the bin but she tr
Slow Man
Sep 29, 2011 Slow Man rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
This one has some funny bits. a painting that has turned the subject to a coal miner. Jacky truly has a sense of humour. This is my first Jacky book, i was not introduced her work when i was a child. Even grown-ups enjoy this. well-done, Jacky.

Overall, a wonderful read of childhood stories of the author by the author. Many grown-ups have trouble remembering their childhood series of events and yet, Jacky managed this job so well, taking us the readers through her personal events of her childhood
Lynne weir
Feb 15, 2012 Lynne weir rated it it was amazing
This was such a lovely read. It really made me want to go out and buy dolls when I'd finished it even though I'm a bit old and those dolls always creeped me out as a kid. This book is perfect for everyone whether you are a Jacqueline Wilson fan, or someone who wants an authors view of being a story writter or even if you have never read a Jacqueline Wilson book in your life, you will love it. I must add the story about her grannys childhood was soo sad.
Rae Stoltenkamp
This is my least favourite of all the Jacqueline Wilson books simply because I prefer fiction to non-fiction. Usually when I read one of her books I can’t wait to see what happens next to the characters. This book did not have that effect on me. I found it a bit of a chore. It was nonetheless quite interesting learning about various events in Jacqueline Wilson’s life and it was clear to me why she focuses on certain themes and characters. However, I am much happier reading fiction.
Ann
Jul 18, 2007 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes jaqueline wilson
i would recommend tis book to alll thefans tha love jaqueline wlson so much i wouldalso reccomend this book to people that would like to know jaqueline wilson much better. the book tells and explains in detail about her childhood i have enjoyed the book so much and i would possiblyrecommend the book to fans of jaqueline
Jessica
Mar 06, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like Autobiographys and little kiddie books
Recommended to Jessica by: Me
Shelves: autobiography
It was alright but I don't reccomend it to people who want a really good read. I usualy fall in love with her books straight away but this didn't work. I do reccomend her book Midnight though, it is so sad. So I rated it only 3 stars but her 'My Secret Diary' book about her teenage hood waas way better! 4, maybe 5 stars worth!
Susanna
Jul 08, 2008 Susanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She writes about her childhood in the same language that she uses in her stories, and it works realy well. If you were around at the time described it doesn't half take you back and remind you of what life was like then - and for young readers who regard the 50s as 'olden days' she explains lots of things that they might not have fully understood or appreciated otherwise. A real pleasure.
Mariam Abood
It was quite nice to read about the girl who would become the legend. Funnily enough this book actually helped me with A-level Sociology because in this book she talks about sitting the 11+ exams. Haha, it kind of gave me a sense of superiority because I knew about something on the syllabus that no-one else knew. But a really nice book.
Christiane
Jul 13, 2007 Christiane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 9 years and over
My opinion for this book is that its one of jacqueline wilson,s best books ever. Even though shes my favourite aurthor i really didn,t know anything about her. This book has taught me more about her and how she grew up and has told everyone that reads her book what it was like growing up in those times.
Arianna J
Jun 19, 2014 Arianna J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book very interesting and a good read. It was nice how she showed how bits of her life translated to her life. I haven't however read many of her books so this didn't apply so much to me however I still found it quite interesting. I would definately tell people to read it whether or not they have read her books!
Hazel Eastham
May 26, 2016 Hazel Eastham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of my old favourites, but, somehow, I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first few times I read it. I just seemed to identify everything that was wrong with it, and I doubt generally enjoy reading books like that. 4/5 stars.
Charlotte
Feb 25, 2011 Charlotte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this was an interesting book because you started to learn more about the author. This book taught me about the author and how her books were inspired from everyday things. I liked this book.
Grade5 Five
Aug 26, 2010 Grade5 Five rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I chose this book because the photographs inside reminded me of my Grandmother. I am very interested to read about some of Jacqueline Wilson's funny stories from when she was a little girl to when she was a teenager.
Missa
Nov 25, 2007 Missa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i think that this book is ok because it is about jacqueline wilson and how she became awriter i think that the book was a bit boring at the beginning but one it got to the middle it really exciting and funny i would recommend it to people who like auto-biographies
Lydia Tang
Aug 24, 2015 Lydia Tang rated it liked it
This bibliography of the famous Jacqueline Wilson is telling the truth of her childhood, and also the connections of her childhood memories to her popular books like Best Friends, Secrets and Vicky Angel.
Brittany
Sep 15, 2013 Brittany rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I'm not a huge fan of Jacqueline Wilson and the last time I read one of her books was quite a while ago - however, this book was a cute little snippet into her childhood life. It is written very honestly, which I appreciate, but is still suitable for young children.
Sally
Apr 13, 2009 Sally rated it it was amazing
I brought this with book vouchers I had last year 08. I really enjoyed reading about my favourite childhood author and cannot wait to read the one of the teen years!

A must for all those who have enjoyed her books young or old.
Victoria
Jul 18, 2007 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book not only because i am a big fan of Jaqueline wilsons work but because this time she has written a biography of herself but for children to understand and that can be a very hard thing to do.
Eleanor
Nov 20, 2013 Eleanor rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autobiography
Kind of an autobiography. Interesting.
  • Cool!
  • Indigo Blue
  • Bad Dreams
  • The Hunger: The Diary of Phyllis McCormack, Ireland, 1845-1847
  • Nevermore
  • Bridesmaid's Club (Zodiac Girls, #8)
  • Jimmy's Stars
  • An Urgent Message of Wowness
  • Sensational Spylet (Jane Blonde, #1)
  • The Glamorous Girls' Book: Be Confident, Be Gorgeous, Be Fabulous. Veena Bhairo-Smith and Sally Jeffrie
  • Under the Hawthorn Tree (Children of the Famine #1)
  • To Kill a Queen: An Elizabethan Girl's Diary 1583 -1586
  • The Mum Detective
  • The Vile Victorians
  • War Nurse: The Diary of Kitty Langley, 1939-1940
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named af ...more
More about Jacqueline Wilson...

“I really don't know but I would quote for a book from JACQUELINE WILSON which is a very interesting book of her childhood.” 8 likes