Start by marking “Illegal Possession” as Want to Read:
Illegal Possession

Illegal Possession

From New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper comes a novel of suspense, mystery, and seduction that begins at the scene of a crime—and brings a man and woman together in a dangerous partnership that could cost them everything. …

What she was doing was immoral, illegal, and could easily get her killed—but Troy Bennett wasn’t apologizing to anyone. She’d been caught red-

Mass Market Paperback, 184 pages
Published March 1st 1985 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Illegal Possession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illegal Possession

Kat
May 03, 2008 Kat rated it it was ok
Angie
Aug 04, 2011 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Audio book -
UGH! Read like a cheap love story disguised as a mystery !
Mindy Cossins
May 16, 2017 Mindy Cossins rated it it was ok
liked the start where she is caught burglarizing a house by her love interest
suspense and excitement did not continue until the end of book for me
Amanda
Apr 14, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really miss this Kay Hooper - the books she wrote before all of the psychic killers and horror/romance. I'm not saying I dislike the Special Crimes Unit books - I have liked most of them quite a lot - but they are all that she is doing now. Her older books are so great, and had such great romance as well as great stories in them. I think my problem with her latest releases is that they really aren't romance, and I need to start classifying her as a different kind of writer now.

This book is a s
Monique Atgood
Mar 31, 2012 Monique Atgood rated it it was ok
I Was Disappointed- Great Story Potential Unrealized

SYNOPSIS
Cat burglar who only steals back stolen art, gets caught by hottie Hero. Burglar is wealthy, charitable, and the belle of the ball of society in D.C. when not climbing into 2nd story windows to retrieve stolen gems and paintings. Hero falls hard for burglar, they have a few differences, but agree to disagree, fall in love, get married, and live happily ever after.

CONS:
I kept expecting more from the story. More twists, more drama, more t
Julie (jjmachshev)
A reprint of an earlier Loveswept release. Sweet and quick.

Troy is a cat burgler. She 'retrieves' stolen art objects for their rightful owners and donates her fees to charity. Dallas is a strait-laced, law-abiding businessman. He sees things in black and white. How in the world can these two reconcile their differences?

Wow, I'm not sure I miss the eighties, but this was definately a trip down memory lane. Overtones of women's rights and heroines who have it all: wealth, beauty, kind to kids and
Mindy
Nov 30, 2010 Mindy rated it did not like it
I'm not quite finished with the book but I can pretty much guarantee it's not getting any better. I knew going in that it was likely to be a so-so story - an impression that was confirmed as soon as I realized it was from the LoveSwept series - but it's worse than I thought. Troy (what kind of name is that for a woman anyway?) is annoying and hesitant for no good reason. She wants her freedom but doesn't realize that compromise is a part of loving someone. Dallas is an idiot for giving in to all ...more
Janice
May 07, 2015 Janice rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am having trouble with domineering alpha males and weak surrendering females. The author tried hard to claim the female was strong and had a temper. But the heroine was always apologizing for his behavior and he was the one yelling at her, even in the epilogue.

(view spoiler)
Matthewf
I think this was an okay book but I wouldn’t recommend it for a good entertaining book. It entertained me at the beginning but after reading for awhile it got boring. Whenever something exciting happened and I thought it was going to get interesting again it didn’t last long. Not a lot of the book was them breaking into homes which it implies it the title. When they where breaking into homes it didn’t take long because they did it without trouble which would have made it a lot more interesting a ...more
Alice Boni
Apr 02, 2016 Alice Boni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I love Kay Hooper's writing. She catches my interest from the beginning and never let's go This was romance that I felt could be real. There was danger---- she is a cat burglar. He is known to be very honest and upright .can they find happiness together? Read all the twist and turns that Kay takes us on to the final page . A great story if you like your romances with a bit of suspense.
Cheryl Meares
Mar 31, 2008 Cheryl Meares rated it really liked it
I really like Troy and Dallas. Troy is a smart and sexy cat burglar at night and respected lady during the day. Dallas has high morals and is a successful businessman but when the two are brought together in the night their values in life change.

I thought these two characters were just great. They were funny and smart and sexy and I hated to see the book end.

I hope a Kay Hooper's books flow like this one. I will have to order another one and check it out.
Anna Mcfadden
Jan 29, 2017 Anna Mcfadden rated it liked it
Troy Bennett knew what she was doing was immoral, illegal, and could easily get her killed—but wasn’t apologizing to anyone. after budineesman Dallas Cameron catches her red-handed in the middle of a felony and devides not to turn her over to the cops, he decides he wants to know het in every way. but she couldn’t have picked a more dangerous man to be holding her fate in his hands. for she knew it would take a lot for a straight lace guy like Dallas would fall for in love with her
T.M. Carper
More romance than suspense in this. I thought it'd be a great suspense read based on the back, but alas, it wasn't much like the back. The googly eyes start pretty much on page two and the rest of the book is Dallas "Ace" Cameron trying to convince Troy Bennett, socialiite and cat burgular, to marry him.

Disapointing.
Arianna
Apr 08, 2009 Arianna rated it liked it
It was a cute story, but it didn't really have a compelling plot. Nothing that hooks you in (though I can rarely put a book down) and keeps you wondering. Nothing that kicks up your adrenaline or catches your emotions. It's simple and sweet. A book perfect for those who need one that doesn't make you think...it just is.
Sara
Mar 15, 2008 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I enjoy Hooper's series about supernatural government agents, so I gave this a spin. It was a relatively good read, but rather formulaic. The premise of a straigh-laced chap falling for a cat burglar is fun, though. The possibilities for real suspense were ignored, or I'd call it a romantic suspense.
Deirdre
Aug 17, 2009 Deirdre rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
Entertaining caper with two fun characters. Dallas Cameron first meets Troy Bennett when she's breaking into a house he's staying at. He's intrigued, she's amused, sparks fly.

It's pretty predictable and a bit dated but I enjoyed the ride.
S
Jul 02, 2010 S rated it liked it
Fun. Quick. Nice chemistry. But the hero is a leetle too perfect to ring true.
Barbara James
Sep 07, 2014 Barbara James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
contemporary romance
Babs
Apr 26, 2016 Babs rated it it was ok
Lisa
Jan 21, 2009 Lisa is currently reading it
Taking me forever to read, interesting but too silly with the falling in love after one day thing...bleh
Terri
Sep 06, 2008 Terri rated it liked it
Shelves: just_romance
Nice tame romance.
Jess
Jan 07, 2009 Jess rated it liked it
It's not often that I read a story that's just that...not a mystery, fantasy, suspense, etc. It's like listening to a couple when you ask how they met, kind of.
Janice
Sep 11, 2014 Janice rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stopped reading it early on as it looked like it was going to be a cheesy romance.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Andrew Hochman
Women's book (maybe)

Anyone wanting to read a good mystery should bypass this book. I got half way through before deleting it from my library.
Ruth
Feb 04, 2010 Ruth rated it liked it
cute. fun. it didn't read like it was written in 1985.
Kimtastic
Apr 10, 2011 Kimtastic rated it did not like it
I usually love a mindless read but this was truly terrible
Kathryn
Mar 18, 2009 Kathryn marked it as dnf
Did not finish. Didn't realize this was a romance book. Not really to my taste. Probably will never go back to this book.
Amanda
Jan 31, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book. I loved it! But I also love all of Kay Hooper's books. I have every single one that has been released and re-released since 2001 :)
Roz
Jan 26, 2009 Roz rated it it was amazing
I actually found this a refreshing twist in the "usual" from her.
  • Cutting Loose (Steele Street, #8)
  • A Summer Smile (Sedikhan, #6)
  • At the Edge (Psychic Triplet Trilogy, #1)
  • Christmas in Haggerty
  • All I Hold Dear
  • Negotiating Point (Private Protectors, #4)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Express Male (OPUS #2)
  • Hit Hard
  • In Her Sights (Montgomery Justice #1)
  • The Survivors
  • Echoes
  • Columbella
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan
More about Kay Hooper...