Start by marking “Bring Your Own Poison (Trailer Park Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bring Your Own Poison (Trailer Park Mystery, #4)

Bring Your Own Poison (Trailer Park Mystery #4)

Park the new Trailer Park mystery on your shelves.

Waitress Wanda Nell Culpepper is burning the candle at both ends, but she can't afford to pass up hefty tips from a bachelor party at the Kountry Kitchen. She's prepared to dodge a few roaming hands-but not to witness a murder.
Published January 2nd 2008 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Bring Your Own Poison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring Your Own Poison

Kat
Jun 11, 2012 Kat rated it liked it
Gail
Aug 28, 2008 Gail rated it liked it
A nice entry in this series. Wanda Nell is working a bachelor party for a not-well-liked man on his third wedding--his two previous brides died under mysterious circumstances--when the groom keels over into the punch. Or maybe just onto the floor. He's been poisoned, and Wanda Nell just doesn't buy that the guy who gets arrested could have done it. She doesn't like the detective investigating the case, and when he threatens her family, she gets her dander up. Wanda Nell's life is moving on. Good ...more
Susan
Mar 30, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
Waitress Wanda Nell is helping at a bachelor party when the guest of honor keels over. It's not too surprising: the dead policeman had already been widowed twice in peculiar "accidents" that left him richer. Ordinarily. Wanda Nell tells herself, she wouldn't interfere, but the state policeman investigating is Bill Warren, who was her high school boyfriend, and who seems determined to arrest the dead man's ineffectual brother. Wanda's boyfriend Jack has a cousin with problems, too--she's moved to ...more
Leeankh
Nov 06, 2009 Leeankh rated it liked it
While the mystery of this book isn't as exciting as I would have liked, there are a lot of character developments that help make up the difference. In fact, the only plot points that I recall with clarity have to do with the main characters and what is happening in their lives. It's only been 3 days since I've read this book and I find it is difficult to recall who did what, how, and why. I wouldn't say it's poorly written, but the character developments definitely overshadow the mystery for me. ...more
Eileen
Jun 24, 2008 Eileen rated it liked it
Kinda cutesy, cozy. Not the worst mystery I've read lately, not even badly edited, a flaw of many books these days.
Wanda Nell has three children, one grandchild, works two jobs and lives in a double-wide. She is widowed, and dating. When a police officer dies at his bachelor party where she is working as a waitress, she "helps" the sheriff solve the crime. She's a lot more liberal than I'd give most trailer park dwellers credit for since she has a son who is gay, and his partner is a lawyer. A
Katherine Rowland
Apr 13, 2016 Katherine Rowland rated it did not like it
Shelves: fic-mystery
A grudging one star. There was far too much detail about every aspect of the main character's daily life and thought processes, and the characterization was ham-handed: the "good guys" were all quirky and all just a little too much, the "bad guys" were beyond melodramatic. A lackluster subplot, characters who drifted in and out, and WAY too much ink spent on who is sleeping with (or wishing they were sleeping with) who. I will not be returning to this series.
Wendy
Mar 29, 2008 Wendy rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series. This book was the best so far because it really took us into the lives of the wonderful cast of characters that the author has brought together. I am really sad to see that the next book is the last in this series. I have really enjoyed getting to know Wanda Nell and her family. The mystery was okay in this one, but the development of the characters was what made it so special for me.
Tisha
Sep 03, 2012 Tisha rated it liked it
4th installment of the Trailer Park Mystery Series. Again not my favorite cozy series. Wanda Nell is working a bachelor party where the guest of honor gets poisoned to death. The guest of honor brother is quickly arrested for this murder. But Wanda Nell doesn't think he did it. And goes out to prove he didn't.
Sabine
Sep 20, 2016 Sabine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, usa-mississippi
This visit with Wanda Nell and her family and friends was another fun ride. I love that there is so much going on in her life not just the mystery. The books should definitely be read in order.
At this point the mystery is interesting but not the main reason to keep reading the series but more so to find how things are developing in Tullahoma.
Janet Windeguth
Jun 21, 2010 Janet Windeguth rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I can’t help but wonder why Evans is so hung up on telling the readers that Juliet is the “good child” in the family. Practically every time Wanda Nell looks at her younger daughter, she thinks “thank God Juliet is a good girl.” Four books of this make me wonder if Evans is setting Juliet up for a massive fall from grace.
Marty
Apr 13, 2016 Marty rated it liked it
Wanda Nell is still working hard to keep her family together. Her daughter Miranda now has a boyfriend and things are looking up. While working at a Batchelor party at the Kountry Kitchen the guest of honor is poisoned. Wanda Nell is in the middle of things again. A quick fun read.
Kel Sta
Mar 02, 2012 Kel Sta rated it liked it
A cosy mystery turned out to be just what I needed, returning to some leisure reading after a few very busy weeks. Nothing too harrowing, nothing too highbrow, just a hardworking heroine with a heart of gold and a working brain in trailer town USA, looking out for her own. Relaxing and enjoyable.
Shannon
Jul 13, 2009 Shannon rated it really liked it
this was another great addition to the trailer park mysteries. This is book number 4.I really enjoy this whole series. The author has improved with every novel so far. This is a light cozy mystery just wheat I needed to take my mind off of the stressful parts of my life. Great to wind down with.
Erin
Mar 27, 2009 Erin rated it it was ok
The fourth novel in this series concentrates mostly on Wanda Nell's family life and relationships and very little on mystery. It actually makes for a better read! Maybe this author should have used these characters for a different genre....
Patricia
Sep 19, 2008 Patricia rated it really liked it
I really liked the storyline of this book. It had all the characters that I have grown to look forward to in this series. I'm already looking forward to seeing where the characters will end up next in their life.
Heather
Jun 25, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
A quick fun read. Quirky characters and a funny heroine. Not the greatest book I've ever read but if you're in the mood for something light, easy & fun I'd recommend it.
Pam
Mar 27, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read
03/25/08 rec via bookmooch
Jun 04, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Loved this story, I am sooo sad that this series has only 1 more book, sigh, I'll miss everyone! [Pout]
Joy F Walker
Jul 24, 2016 Joy F Walker rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The characters are down home and the books of this series are interesting.
Martha Savage
Dec 25, 2012 Martha Savage rated it really liked it
o.k.book
Darilyn DeMaria
Jun 02, 2016 Darilyn DeMaria rated it really liked it
Just a beach read I enjoyed. Not from the South, I was new to the "area" but I was glad I visited. Love mysteries, so silly was just what I needed in the summer!
Kim
Nov 01, 2011 Kim rated it did not like it
Shelves: funny-mysteries
I didn't make it very far in this one. The author was trying to hard to make it a humorous story.
Dan
Jan 06, 2011 Dan rated it really liked it
... do i read this much ... damn ..
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Kathy Klimpel
Kathy Klimpel rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2011
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2008
Dordale
Dordale rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
May 30, 2011
Annie Payne
Annie Payne rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • This Private Plot: An Oliver Swithin Mystery
  • Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)
  • Timecaster
  • Dial Om for Murder (Mantra for Murder, #2)
  • Mum's the Word (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #3)
  • Stuffed
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • By Hook or by Crook (Crochet Mystery, #3)
  • Hog Wild
  • The Curse of the Giant Hogweed (Peter Shandy, #5)
  • Crossing Washington Square (Nal Accent Novels)
  • The Cluttered Corpse (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #2)
  • Dial M for Mischief (Sunshine Girls, #1)
  • Posted To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mysteries #1)
  • The Passions of Emma
  • A Pint of Murder (Madoc Rhys #1)
  • Murder with a Twist

Trailer Park Mystery (5 books)
  • Flamingo Fatale (Trailer Park Mystery #1)
  • Murder Over Easy (Trailer Park Mystery , #2)
  • Best Served Cold (Trailer Park Mystery, #3)
  • Leftover Dead (Trailer Park Mystery, #5)