Bring Your Own Poison (Trailer Park Mystery, #4)

Bring Your Own Poison (Trailer Park Mystery #4)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Park the new Trailer Park mystery on your shelves.

Waitress Wanda Nell Culpepper is burning the candle at both ends, but she can't afford to pass up hefty tips from a bachelor party at the Kountry Kitchen. She's prepared to dodge a few roaming hands-but not to witness a murder.

Published January 2nd 2008 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Bring Your Own Poison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring Your Own Poison

Kat
Gail
A nice entry in this series. Wanda Nell is working a bachelor party for a not-well-liked man on his third wedding--his two previous brides died under mysterious circumstances--when the groom keels over into the punch. Or maybe just onto the floor. He's been poisoned, and Wanda Nell just doesn't buy that the guy who gets arrested could have done it. She doesn't like the detective investigating the case, and when he threatens her family, she gets her dander up. Wanda Nell's life is moving on. Good...more
Susan
Waitress Wanda Nell is helping at a bachelor party when the guest of honor keels over. It's not too surprising: the dead policeman had already been widowed twice in peculiar "accidents" that left him richer. Ordinarily. Wanda Nell tells herself, she wouldn't interfere, but the state policeman investigating is Bill Warren, who was her high school boyfriend, and who seems determined to arrest the dead man's ineffectual brother. Wanda's boyfriend Jack has a cousin with problems, too--she's moved to...more
Leeankh
While the mystery of this book isn't as exciting as I would have liked, there are a lot of character developments that help make up the difference. In fact, the only plot points that I recall with clarity have to do with the main characters and what is happening in their lives. It's only been 3 days since I've read this book and I find it is difficult to recall who did what, how, and why. I wouldn't say it's poorly written, but the character developments definitely overshadow the mystery for me....more
Eileen
Kinda cutesy, cozy. Not the worst mystery I've read lately, not even badly edited, a flaw of many books these days.
Wanda Nell has three children, one grandchild, works two jobs and lives in a double-wide. She is widowed, and dating. When a police officer dies at his bachelor party where she is working as a waitress, she "helps" the sheriff solve the crime. She's a lot more liberal than I'd give most trailer park dwellers credit for since she has a son who is gay, and his partner is a lawyer. A...more
Wendy
I am really enjoying this series. This book was the best so far because it really took us into the lives of the wonderful cast of characters that the author has brought together. I am really sad to see that the next book is the last in this series. I have really enjoyed getting to know Wanda Nell and her family. The mystery was okay in this one, but the development of the characters was what made it so special for me.
Janet
I can’t help but wonder why Evans is so hung up on telling the readers that Juliet is the “good child” in the family. Practically every time Wanda Nell looks at her younger daughter, she thinks “thank God Juliet is a good girl.” Four books of this make me wonder if Evans is setting Juliet up for a massive fall from grace.
Tisha
4th installment of the Trailer Park Mystery Series. Again not my favorite cozy series. Wanda Nell is working a bachelor party where the guest of honor gets poisoned to death. The guest of honor brother is quickly arrested for this murder. But Wanda Nell doesn't think he did it. And goes out to prove he didn't.
Shannon
this was another great addition to the trailer park mysteries. This is book number 4.I really enjoy this whole series. The author has improved with every novel so far. This is a light cozy mystery just wheat I needed to take my mind off of the stressful parts of my life. Great to wind down with.
Kel Sta
A cosy mystery turned out to be just what I needed, returning to some leisure reading after a few very busy weeks. Nothing too harrowing, nothing too highbrow, just a hardworking heroine with a heart of gold and a working brain in trailer town USA, looking out for her own. Relaxing and enjoyable.
Erin
The fourth novel in this series concentrates mostly on Wanda Nell's family life and relationships and very little on mystery. It actually makes for a better read! Maybe this author should have used these characters for a different genre....
Patricia
I really liked the storyline of this book. It had all the characters that I have grown to look forward to in this series. I'm already looking forward to seeing where the characters will end up next in their life.
Heather
A quick fun read. Quirky characters and a funny heroine. Not the greatest book I've ever read but if you're in the mood for something light, easy & fun I'd recommend it.
Kim
I didn't make it very far in this one. The author was trying to hard to make it a humorous story.
Lynn Demsky
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, the characters are characters, story line good - enjoyable read!
Dan
... do i read this much ... damn ..
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Best of the series by far.
Pam
Mar 27, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read
03/25/08 rec via bookmooch
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Donna Grocott
Donna Grocott marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Flamingo Fatale Murder Over Easy (Trailer Park Mystery , #2) Best Served Cold (Trailer Park Mystery, #3) Leftover Dead (Trailer Park Mystery, #5)