Start by marking “ローゼンメイデン(1)” as Want to Read:
ローゼンメイデン(1)

ローゼンメイデン(1) (Rozen Maiden #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  682 ratings  ·  22 reviews
After a traumatic incident, Jun Sakurada refuses to interact with the outside world and return to school - he even shuts out his sister, his closest friend. Jun spends most of his time online buying spiritual items that are obvious rip-offs. One day he finds a website that curiously enough asks him to put his order in his desk drawer. Thinking it's a joke, Jun plays along. ...more
Published March 2003 by 幻冬舎

Sesana
The art is so, so pretty, especially of the dolls. I do like the idea of the dolls coming to life and having mystical battles. But the execution was actually pretty blah. This is all aside from the fact that Jun was so unlikeable for me that his presence alone is enough to keep me from reading any further. But a Rozen Maiden art book? That I could maybe get behind.
Lindley Walter-smith
The various dolls based on this series are really lovely, and I suspect that's what made me pick this up in the first place. The good: the art is also very very pretty, especially the lolita designs of the living dolls, and the relationship between shut-in Jun, his older sister and his princess of a magical doll has real potential. The rest: it's just kind of boring.

Maybe it improves in later volumes, as the plot picks up speed, but I'm undecided yet on whether the first volume has raised enoug
El Templo de las Mil Puertas
"¿Qué pasaría si un día encontrases un misterioso maletín a la puerta de tu casa? ¿Y si descubrieses que dentro hay una preciosa muñeca gótica? ¿Y si al darle cuerda... la muñeca cobrase vida? Éste es el punto de partida de Rozen Maiden, de Peach-Pit (nombre artístico del dúo formado por Send? Banri y Shibuko Ebara), un manga que combina emoción, acción y humor absurdo a partes iguales, con la ventaja de que la trama se desarrolla en sólo ocho tomos, y todos ellos publicados ya en nuestro país ( ...more
Lily
El manga nos cuenta la historia de Jun, un hikikomori que pasa sus día encerrado en casa comprando objetos por Internet que luego devuelve antes de su fecha de expiración de la garantía. Uno de los días recibe una carta en la que le pregunta si quiero o no dar cuerda, es ahí donde Shinku, la quinta muñeca de Rozen Maiden, pasa a pertenecerle, al elegir éste la opción de darle cuerda.
A lo largo de los 8 tomos vamos conociendo al resto de muñecas de Rozen, Suigintou (primera), Kanaria (segunda), S
Sandra
When I read (and watched) this years ago the thing that stunned me was the art and how pretty all of those dolls were. I did not remember the plot or the characters, just the dolls. Now I know why. It is simply because the storyline did not stun me, I was bored at times even. But the art is as good as I remember it to be and I will most probably read the other volumes due to that and curiosity - I really do remember next to nothing about what happens in this manga.
Selena
A quick read, even for a manga.

It's amazing how big a difference this is from Shugo Chara! (a later work by Peach-Pit) this is!

I saw the anime for Rozen Maiden, and when I realized there was a manga, and it was by Peach-Pit, I had to see if the library had it.

What I got was a beat up book with a pretty unassuming cover. In fact, if not for the fact I already knew Rozen Maiden already, I probably would have passed it by.

The art is cute, but a little inconsistant, and the shading makes things a li
Lavinyaa Pash
Another manga whose story I know by heart.
Still I needed to read the manga too. It just did not work. The whole magical and well-graphed image/picture I had in my mind thanks to the anime got crushed. It's not a bad illustration, but not my type.

I am a lot with those epic, ageless oldie-style dresses that the dolls have got in the manga, but only if they were drew, illustrated, whatever!, better, I would like it more.

I am not against this and I still like the story. The thing is that the manga j
Shadowjac
While the art was good the story just wasn't gripping. My younger brother enjoys this series though.
Emma
Jan 08, 2009 Emma rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: die-hard Rozen Maiden fans
Shelves: manga
Though it's the basis for the anime, and has the same plot and lavishly designed characters, once you've seen the anime it can't really compare withthe story in its full-colour glory.

If you're a die-hard Rozen Maiden fan, though, you should get a few kicks out of the differences in the plot later on in the series.

The irst novel, however, italmost identical to its anime adaption, and ultimately it's nothing mroe than the same-old.
Yuki
This is an interesting start to a series by the renowned PeachPit mangakas. A boy who was hikikomori orders a doll that is alive and wants him as her butler. The doll is part of a realm where there are many worlds, and a pretty yet evil doll from one of those worlds attacks so they go to the realm to get revenge. I'll read the next book.
Michele
Hm, how to describe this. Apathetic teen's world is forever changed when he unknowingly orders a magical doll who is embroiled in a toy war, and now he is destined to help her? Close enough.

Poor Boo Bear.

(Read for work. Warning: Several sex doll jokes.)
Elizabeth
I picked this up because I liked the idea of a compulsive online shopper who returns everything before the trial period runs out. The story just wasn't as interesting as I was hoping for. The main character was flat and the story felt kind of lifeless.
Whereis
I watched the anime version of this a long time ago, but was never able to watch the second season. I can't wait to read through the rest of this series! I loved the anime and I really want to see how it ends!
Bryan Brasseaux
Like, omg! I absolutely loved this Manga. I am still in the process of reading this series, but it has to be one of the best things I have ever laid my eyes on.
Jessica Drumm
The storyline is good but very confusing with the similar names and the way it was written wasn't my sort of thing. The artwork is amazing though.
Cat
Due to the illustration of the manga, a lot of untranslated kanji was present, which got annoying for those of us who can't read it...
Setsanata
I'd much rather give it a 2 1/2. It was OK. I didn't really like it all that much.
Mikaa
i really want to read this book cause my friend told me its really good ^^
Kayla Eklund
It was okay, but it wasn't my favorite Peach Pit manga that I have read.
Eivilys
Pas mal! Mais ça peut être un peu effrayant, parfois...
Ella
Read it just read it!!!!
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Jose Luis
Jose Luis marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Alanga-chan
Alanga-chan marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Jen Cywinski
Jen Cywinski marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
  • Pita Ten, Vol. 01
  • Shakugan no Shana Vol. 1 (Shakugan No Shana, #1)
  • Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode, Vol. 01 (Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode, #1)
  • Aqua, Volume 1 (Aqua, #1)
  • I.O.N
  • Bizenghast, Volume 1 (Bizenghast, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Negima!: Magister Negi Magi, Volume 11
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 02
Peach-Pit (ピーチ・ピット Pīchi Pitto) is a female manga artist duo in Japan, made up of Banri Sendo (千道 万里 Sendō Banri) and Shibuko Ebara (えばら 渋子 Ebara Shibuko). Their group name derives from the diner hangout Peach-Pit from the TV show Beverly Hills, 90210. Although both have similar styles, with some artwork it is possible to identify which artist drew it. Both are known for their bishōjo styled works ...more
More about Peach-Pit...

• Rozen Maiden, Vol. 5
  • Rozen Maiden, Vol. 6
  • Rozen Maiden, Vol. 7
  • Rozen Maiden, Vol. 8
Shugo Chara!, Vol. 1: Who Do You Want to Be? (Shugo Chara!, #1) Shugo Chara!, Vol. 3: Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara!, #3) Shugo Chara!, Vol. 2: Friends in Need (Shugo Chara!, #2) Shugo Chara!, Vol. 4: Character Swap! (Shugo Chara!, #4) Zombie-Loan, Vol. 1