Start by marking “Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2)

Lucky (Lucky Santangelo #2)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  10,070 Ratings  ·  222 Reviews
SHE’S A HOT-BLOODED BEAUTY IN LOVE WITH POWER, HUNGRY FOR PLEASURE… WILD, NOTORIOUS, TROUBLE… SHE’S… LUCKY. THE FABULOUS HEROINE OF CHANCES RETURNS.

With the sensual grace of a panther, Lucky Santangelo prowled her Las Vegas casino, restless, ready, eager for action. That night began a dazzling odyssey, filled with dangerous passion and sun-drenched sex, sadistic vengeance
Published July 1st 2003 by Pocket Books (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky, please sign up.

Melyssa Dawn Michaels
This is Book 2 in the Lucky Santangelo series and much like Chances before it, this one does not disappoint. I had the pleasure of reading these books, both Chances and Lucky years ago, and have recently gone back to visit them again.

It is written in such a way that only Jackie Collins can do.Intrigue, romance, sex, liars and players all rolled into a fabulous 600 page adventure. Completed with quite possibly the best Heroine ever created and you get the idea, its a non stop ride.

I have always
Ang~Dirty Laundry Review
Feb 20, 2014 Ang~Dirty Laundry Review rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexy, favorite
Wow! So much love for this book. I first read the Lucky series about 20 years ago when I was a teenager, and I recently did a reread. I really like Ms. Collins' writing style with the short chapters and her ability to write from so many different POVs. Lucky Santangelo is a sexy heroine that you can admire, respect, and read about with glee. Don't mess with Lucky. Ever. Seriously. I can't believe how fresh this novel feels after all this time. I guess with all the simpering heronies that have be ...more
Carrie Kellenberger
Dec 13, 2014 Carrie Kellenberger rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
Gino Santangelo and his beautiful daughter Lucky are back in the second installment of the Lucky Santangelo series. Lucky is ambitious, talented, wild, and notorious for getting what she wants on her own terms.

All of my favorite characters are back in Book Two. Olympia Stanislopolous and her father Dimitri are still as rich and spoiled as ever, Gino has fallen in love again, and Lucky finds Lennie, the man who is destined to be her future partner. You can always count on Jackie Collins for a gre
Monica Mathis-Stowe
Feb 09, 2012 Monica Mathis-Stowe rated it it was amazing
Once you read one Jackie Collins book, you'll want to read them all. I loved Lucky's strength. Jackie makes all her female characters strong and I like that.
Gemma
Feb 25, 2011 Gemma rated it it was amazing
This book was fun to read. I liked how Lucky doesn't let anyone push her around and how she's her own woman. jackie Collins did a good job on this book.
Andrea Newland
Dec 30, 2010 Andrea Newland rated it liked it
Smut book, but it was entertaining, Lucky is a woman not to be messed with :)
Lanette
Apr 24, 2009 Lanette rated it it was amazing
I enjoy reading family sagas and this one doesn't disappoint. Jackie Collins earlier novels are worth reading. This was the very first one that I'd read. I liked Lucky because she was adventurous and terribly head strong. Anything having to do with Gangsters, Thugs, crime- I'm in! This book, I could just fall into, after some deep reading or life's problems. Better than mindless television!
Lori Schiele
Jul 25, 2014 Lori Schiele rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, romance, drama
I have read Jackie Collins novels in the past and decided to try one again. The biggest issue I have with her novels is that she has too many characters and it is hard to keep them straight. By the end of the book, all of the characters manage to come together, but in the meantime, it can be very confusing.
Lorma
Apr 04, 2012 Lorma rated it it was amazing
I just love me some Jackie Collins!!! I especially enjoy reading the Santangelo family sagas and later on discussing it with my cousin who was also a big fan. Lucky Santangelo is your typical head strong, gutsy, Italian mob princess you just can't get enough of.
Victoria Fox
Apr 24, 2014 Victoria Fox rated it it was amazing
Lucky Bitchessssssss. Ah. May. Zing.
Ian N.
Jun 04, 2016 Ian N. added it
I love the characters in this book, as I usually do in all her books. There's so much I have to say about this omfg. Lucky is such a fierce woman and I love her independent nature so much, she doesn't take shit from no one and she does things her own way if it suits her with out anyone's opinion. She adores her father and expects undying attention from him. Lennie and her have the same character and they think the same, they both didn't notice each other because of their ex's but when they did n ...more
Gladys Turner
Jul 04, 2016 Gladys Turner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's something that every reader knows :
There are books for every mood.

I sometimes find myself in the mood for some scandal and drama situations in the books I read.
However, the writes of these days can't write a scandal worth sh*t.

It's all about horniness at first sight, hate but horny you, me horny you not me hate, and all those silly stuff they call stepbrother romances *sigh*.
So I went and read accidentally a book writen in the 80's .

And I discovered a mess, skipped some POV-s (Sorry Steph
S. Noël
Oct 30, 2015 S. Noël rated it liked it
Okay, So It’s Not Middlemarch.

The recent death of Jackie Collins after her struggle with breast cancer inspired me to read one of her books. In a second hand store I happened upon this book, Lucky, which I bought for a dollar. The copy is worn, with a creased back cover, a torn spine and dog-eared pages. Clearly it has made a few trips to the beach and has probably ridden on a few airplanes. Although I’m sure it has also spent a few hours hidden under more reputable books, many people certainly
Kelly
Mar 20, 2016 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I may be a decade or two late in reading the Lucky Santangelo series but by golly I feel like it is worth the wait.

I didn't enjoy this second novel as much as the first. I loved Chances because it was such an in depth study of the life of Gino Santangelo from his humble beginnings to his big shot present, it was so developed and detailed and so wonderfully crafted that you were within Gina every step of the way. When he hurt, you hurt. When he was happy, you were happy...

As this novel was entit
Stephanie
Mar 07, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
In Collins' sophomore release of the Santangelo saga we get reaquainted with the business savy and headstrong Lucky Santangelo, daughter of the notorious Gino "The Ram" Santagelo, former mob boss.

Not one iota of what Collins' writes in this book comes off as being unrealistic or boring. Writing a book like this takes pure, unadulturated talent. How she manages to come up with new and exciting characters, keep us thouroughly updated on old ones, intertwine all of their storylines flawlessly and l
ѕєяєηιтι
Serinin ilk kitabı "Kurtulanlar" mükemmel bir kitaptı O kitabı bitirdikten sonra bu kitabı okumayı çok istemiş ama elimde olmadığından okuyamamıştım neyse sonunda muradıma erdim:)

İlkine yakın bir performans Santangelo ailesini okumak müthiş keyif kesinlikle Babamız Gino ile başlayan macera kızımız Lucky odaklı devam ediyor bu kitapta yine herşey var aldatlamalar sırlar şiddet intikam aşk.. ilk kitaptan merakta kaldığımız bazı şeyleri de bu kitapta çözdük (view spoiler)
Ruth
Nov 01, 2013 Ruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It had been years since I visited Lucky Santangelo, but I recently decided to pay her another visit. This is the second book in a series about Lucky & her family. I do suggest reading, "Chances" first, but this book is More awesome than Chances. It most definitely holds its share of surprises & shockers. If you like a book w/ a good ending...this is one, but getting there is most definitely a suspenseful adventure. A Little better than most Jackie Collins reads (imo) & it is worth ow ...more
Heather A
While I was reading Poor Little Bitch Girl I saw the mini series LUcky Chances and immediately went out and bought al, the Santangelo books I could get my hands on. Lucky is one if my all time favourite female characters. She kicks ass, knows what she wants, she's smart, strong and doesn't take any shit from anyone. She's made of total win. I love reading about how she became a huge roaring success in the saga. I much prefer these older books actually building the hotel empire and learning about ...more
Molly
May 05, 2015 Molly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jackie-collins
**** I officially do not enjoy the star rating system on Goodreads. I have been taking it too seriously, and it stresses me out! ****

Fun read!!! Jackie Collins is so entertaining!!! I can't wait to read more of her books...I own most of them! For me, this book had an exceptionally slow start. I kept putting it down and starting other books. I would read a few pages here and there, in between other books. About 5 days ago, around page 150, this book totally took off! It became very difficult to p
Nicole
Mar 12, 2016 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
3 stars does not mean this book was bad. It wasn't. It was just super slow to me. I have read this series from the end to now therefore I know most of the big plot lines that occur in the beginning books. I noticed that this book had smaller font than the past books I've read by her. Her other books I've been able to fly through and this one was 500 chock full pages with tiny font and with Jackie Collins books it's like a soap opera with tons of details building before you realize how they tie t ...more
Veronica A Pitts
Lucky

I chose this rating because the story dragged for me, I liked the caricatures though. Hopefully you will enjoy this book. I thought the
Ending was written well.
Bookcase Jim
Oct 07, 2013 Bookcase Jim rated it really liked it
Take with a grain of salt..

I read this as a frustrated 16 yr old (male) virgin and found the sex scenes particularly titillating. So much so that the story kept flowing and I wasn't particularly concerned with the quality of writing, the cliches, the superficiality of it all. I enjoyed it a lot.
Not long ago (about fifteen years after reading Lucky)I came across Hollywood Wives, the other Jackie Collins novel I read. Wow, it was junk. I assume I'd have the same opinion of Lucky today, but hey, w
Keith Hargreaves
Sep 01, 2014 Keith Hargreaves rated it liked it
I finally read a Jackie Collins book! 30 summers too late-this is an '80's book when Sammy Davis Jr was still out & about. Sensational(istic) writing, after a few pages I realized this novel's all about money power & fucking, but interesting enough plot to continue to the end. Too many damn characters I started losing track!! I felt that the heroine (Lucky Santangelo) bit unrealistic, especially the mobster daughter who gets away with actual murder, her marrying a decades older billionai ...more
Chris
Feb 22, 2014 Chris rated it it was amazing
This is a really great beach read--another one I just couldn't put down. Even though it was written in 1985, it still is fascinating. Two of her characters reminded me of Aristotle and Christina Onassis. This is the 2nd book about Lucky Santangelo, and her family. I love books about strong women, and this one does not disappoint. I'm not familiar with the mob bosses, so I am not sure just who her Gino Santangelo character is based on. But really think the Lucky character has many of the characte ...more
Jeanne
Feb 19, 2013 Jeanne rated it really liked it
Another great Lucky story by Jackie Collins!! I got pulled into the story immediately and was totally engaged throughout the entire book!! One small error by the author (sorry, I’m a stickler for details): The story starts in the summer of 1978; Gino returned from "tax" exile in July of 1977; Gino is dating Tiny Martino’s ex-wife, Susan. Gino says that Tiny passed away two years earlier (would have been 1976) and he had attended the funeral in Los Angeles. Well, that would be kind of hard since ...more
Nicole Jade
Jun 21, 2013 Nicole Jade rated it it was amazing
Tempest Wylde
Jun 07, 2016 Tempest Wylde rated it liked it
I love me some Jackie.
I read her novel "Lovers and Gamblers" at the age of 12 (I bought in for 10cents at a school fete) and have been an unembarrassed Jackie Collins fan ever since.
Rick Brindle
Apr 30, 2015 Rick Brindle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The second book in this series, and by far the best. We follow the lives of Lucky and Gino Santangelo, Lennie Golden and Carrie and Stephen Berkeley.
The book took a while to get going, but when it does, Jackie Collins proves herself to be master at producing a suspenseful story. It's exciting, believable, and funny at times. The build up to the finale was a real nail biter. This book is for me, one of Jackie Collins' finest moments.
Normalyn Espejo
Oct 25, 2010 Normalyn Espejo rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and I enjoyed reading it. Each character is intertwined. I really pity Eden, she has dreams but she just chose the wrong path. I loved the ending, I think if a man and a woman is really meant to be then they will be together no matter what. Love conquers all! It's great to be able to take a peek of how the rich live, however, living a simple life is best. Money and fame cannot really give it all.
Ashti
Sep 24, 2008 Ashti rated it really liked it
Jackie Collins has once again written an incredible saga of the extraordinary Lucky Santangelo ( i love this character).

A hot-blooded beauty in love with power and hungry for pleasure, Lucky's dazzling odyssey -- and her trail of enemies -- sweeps from the casinos of Las Vegas to a private Greek island, from cutthroat Hollywood to chic New York and Paris.

Jackie Collins, novelist of Hollywood glamour and sex, dies aged 77 1 4 Sep 20, 2015 02:35AM
Jackie Collins Fans: * Do you have a -Lucky Santangelo - inside you? 2 11 May 23, 2015 07:58PM
What's The Name o...: Which Jackie Collins book? [s] 3 151 Aug 29, 2013 09:43AM
Jackie Collins Fans: Lucky 1 4 Nov 15, 2012 12:41AM
  • Mistral's Daughter
  • Lace
  • Queenie
  • Once Is Not Enough
  • To Be the Best  (Emma Harte Saga #3)
  • Polo (Rutshire Chronicles #3)
  • Deceptions
  • Message from Nam
  • Jacqueline Susann's Shadow Of The Dolls
  • Luciano's Luck
  • The Almighty
  • The Lonely Lady
There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy
More about Jackie Collins...

Lucky Santangelo (10 books)
  • Chances (Lucky Santangelo, #1)
  • Lady Boss
  • Vendetta: Lucky's Revenge
  • Dangerous Kiss (Lucky Santangelo, #5)
  • Drop Dead Beautiful (Lucky Santangelo, #6)
  • Poor Little Bitch Girl (Lucky Santangelo, #7)
  • Goddess of Vengeance (Lucky Santangelo, #8)
  • Confessions of a Wild Child
  • The Santangelos

“Falling in love is like getting hit by a truck and yet not being mortally wounded. just sick to your stomach, high one minute, low the next. Starving hungry but unable to eat. hot, cold, forever horny, full of hope and enthusiasm, with momentary depressions that wipe you out.

It is also not being able to remove the smile from your face, loving life with a mad passionate intensity, and feeling ten years younger.

Love does not appear with any warning signs. You fall into it as if pushed from a high diving board. No time to think about what's happening. It's inevitable. An event you can't control. A crazy, heart-stopping, roller-coaster ride that just has to take its course.”
306 likes