Start by marking “Tote Bags and Toe Tags” as Want to Read:
Tote Bags and Toe Tags

Tote Bags and Toe Tags (Haley Randolph #5)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  288 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Haley Randolph's new job as a corporate events coordinator suits her like classic Chanel--as long as no one finds out her only degree is from bartending school. But then again, trouble's always afoot in the life of this amateur sleuth/professional fashionista . . .

On Haley's first day on the job, she finds the chief of security--who was performing Haley's background check-
ebook
Published (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tote Bags and Toe Tags, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tote Bags and Toe Tags

Angela
I almost put this book down several times. Haley drove me bonkers the first half of this book for some reason. It felt like she'd swallowed a stupid pill.

About half-way through, I felt like her character came back again and I couldn't put it down. I don't say this very often about recurring boyfriend characters but I am sooooo glad they broke up. He was a twit.

Good mystery, great story, a little annoying but otherwise a good read.
Nancy Narma
“An Intriguing Mystery That Will Keep You in Its Clutches”

Holt’s employee and collector of handbags; Haley Randolph, decides it is time for a change, but not just a different shade of nail polish or a new hairstyle! No!! She wants a brand-new self! She’ll keep her “Official Boyfriend”, hunky but aloof, and the fifth generation to run the Holt’s Dept. Store chain; Ty Cameron, but no more chocolate or Mocha Frappacchino binges!! Haley begins her transformation by first graduating from U.M. , the “
Gina Cresse
Dorothy Howell's sense of humor had me laughing out loud all the way through Tote Bags and Toe Tags. The "mix-up" between the University of Mixology and the University of Michigan was priceless. Haley's suspicion that she must've been adopted every time she has to deal with her beauty-pageant-queen mother was also hilarious. Once the reader comes to terms with the fact that Haley is who she is---flawed but funny---and just accepts the fact that this protagonist has lots of room for a character a ...more
Cecilia
Carolyn
I'm not sure how I stumbled across the first Haley Randolph book but I was hooked. Haley can be SO annoying and if I knew her in real life I'd be tempted to grab her and attempt to shake some sense into her. OR avoid her completely. She's a mess. She is a horrible employee and she has that bag addiction (which by the way I totally do not understand) and yet I am there every time a new book in the series comes out!! I guess I really just want to know how the story ends.

This book is not all that
Heather
Title: Tote Bags and Toe Tags (Haley Randolph Series #5)

Author: Dorothy Howell

Publisher: Kensington

Synopsis (from bn.com): In Howell’s fast and fun fifth mystery featuring feisty 24-year-old Haley Randolph (after 2011’s Clutches and Curses), a misunderstanding lands Haley a well-paying job as an event planner at a prestigious Southern California corporation. Unfortunately, Haley once again becomes a murder suspect after stumbling on the bludgeoned body of the company’s security department head,
Sasha

This is the first book I have read by Dorothy Howell. It will not be the last! I now need to go and get all the Haley Randolph books. I am so hooked. I just love this series! Dorothy Howell had me laughing all the way through this book.... Haley is fun crazy, spoiled, has a really bad work ethic and is totally addicted to bags...... doesn't matter if they are Totes, clutches, or just the fancy every day ones she is so addicted has to have the best of the best at all cost.
It is a very intriguing
Lichen
I am not the person for whom the author wrote this. Are there people out there with attitudes like Haley's? No, don't tell me. I don't want to know.
I must not read any more like this.
Andrea Zanetti
So much fun to read. Similar to Kinsella's Shopaholic series. Love how the may character, Haley, justifies slacking off and spending money. Hilarious.
Susan
Fashionista Haley gets a fabulous--well, well-paying--job with a contracting company, but unfortunately finds a body her first day at the office. Even more unfortunately, the police detective in charge suspects that she killed the victim to avoid the in-depth background check the firm demands. Well, everybody lies on their resume, don't they? Even shallow Haley shows some signs of humanity in this series entry, when her mother's housekeeper disappears after many years of faithful service, and wh ...more
Dawn
It's so great to be able to check in with an old friend, and some characters that may drive you batty, but do it while making you laugh. I agree with a previous reviewer -- the part about her looking for her real family was PRICELESS. Ms. Howell hit the nail on the head with that one!

I love the way Hailey's love life progressed in this one. I'm REALLY looking forward to the next installment in a series that makes me laugh, teaches me about the newest purse trends, and all in all makes me wish I
Chris Leuchtenburg
I am embarrassed to admit how much I enjoyed this lite mystery. While cringing at the Valley Girl / Sex In the City lifestyle (passionate interest in fashionable handbags, shoes and men with no interest in work), I laughed often at the flip, devil-may-care lines and settled into the story that had to end well despite the protagonist’s complete lack of seriousness. It could have been titled, Elle Woods, The Detective.
Sue Skerl
Once again, Dorothy Howell made me laugh out loud while reading her books. Her main character, Haley, is one snarky character who reminds me what it was like to be young and naive. Her habitual involvement in finding dead bodies while dreaming about owning the latest handbag has me shaking my head. Another great book. Thanks Dorothy. I highly recommend this book... but read the others first.
Melanie
Have you ever managed one of those people who hide in the back room? Do you think a law should be passed that all
women's clothing have pockets so you don't have to carry a purse? If so, don't bother. The heroine is vapid, stereotypical Southern California. The mystery is interesting, but the protagonist isn't.
Nicole
Light humor & mystery. The authors writing style was a bit annoying at times. She describes certain events/situations in hyphenated form, i.e. "her blonde hair was in a ponytail & she had that I-didnt-put-on-makeup-and-I-dont-care look." Otherwise I enjoyed the story & it was an easy read.
Valerie

Not a bad mystery but ...... the main character is just so-so materialistic!! if she meant ions another designer bag she covets I'll scream!!! How she continuously uses other people is also not pleasant. Not sure if I'd attempt another in this series or not.
Marla
I have read the other books in the series, but this one was missing something. There was one main mystery and 2 minor mysteries. The main one was solved but the 2 minor ones were not. The book dragged at some points and then abruptly ended.
Amanda
Quick easy read. The bit about the maid missing seemed misplaced in the grand sceme of things. The ending leaves you needing to come back for more. The main character is multi-faceted & makes the book an enjoyable, waste the day away read.
Marilyn
Mar 20, 2013 Marilyn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marilyn by: Good Reads
I received this book from Good Reads. I thought it had a very good sense of humor. The main character is very spoiled and needs some better work ethics. I did like the humor through out the whole book and I will read her other books also.
Tommy
This is the first Haley Randolph book I've read and I'm going to find the rest of them to read. Haley is a frustrating, silly woman but I had an instant attraction to her. Loved the story and its twists.
Elizabeth Benducci
This was a predictible rad. It went quick for me because I just wanted to finish it. Was not a satisfying read. The main character is a bit annoying. But it is not a bad fluff read.
Deb
Loved it! Glad that Haley and Ty finally called it quits. Hopefully things will now heat up with her and chunky PI Jack. Can't wait for the next book!
Sherry
Engaging and well-written story with a heroine I frankly did not expect to like, but ended up loving. I'll definitely read more in this series.
Karen
I will never get the time back that I spent reading this. The ending improved it, but the rest was blah. I don't know why I persisted.
Tina Axell
Yes, I am looking forward to the next Haley Randolph mystery...this one was left as a real cliff hanger!
Amber Jones
Not feeling this book in the series.

Very disjointed and didn't make for a good storyline.
K
Book was interesting and funny. I looke forward to reading the rest of the series.
Linda
Another fun installment in the Haley series. Can't wait for the next one!
Carol
A very breezy piece of fluff that was a perfect vacation read.
  • Laws of Depravity
  • The Secret of Emotions (Love, Lust and the Longing for God #1)
  • The Bouchard Legacy
  • Real Life, Real Miracles: True Stories That Will Help You Believe
  • L'imperatore del mondo vol.1: Il filantropo
  • A Captive Heart (Capture, #1)
  • Fill These Hearts: God, Sex, and the Universal Longing
  • The Other Side of Gold
  • The Long Road to Antietam: How the Civil War Became a Revolution
  • Heart of Courage
  • Use Your Body to Heal Your Mind: Revolutionary Methods to Release All Barriers to Health, Healing and Happiness
  • Angelguard (Chronicles of the Angelguard #1)
  • My Gun Has Bullets
  • City of Promises
  • Ink Flamingos (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Death Grip: A Climber's Escape from Benzo Madness
  • Mistletoe, Merriment, and Murder
  • The Greyman (The Sirenne Saga #4)
Dorothy Howell writes for two publishing houses, in two genres, under two names. She writes mysteries as Dorothy Howell historical romance novels under the pseudonym Judith Stacy.
More about Dorothy Howell...

Haley Randolph (10 books)
  • Handbags and Homicide (Haley Randolph, #1)
  • Purses and Poison (Haley Randolph, #2)
  • Shoulder Bags and Shootings (Haley Randolph, #3)
  • Clutches and Curses (Haley Randolph, #4)
  • Slay Bells and Satchels: A Haley Randolph Mystery
  • Evening Bags and Executions
  • Duffel Bags and Drownings (Haley Randolph #6.5)
  • Beach Bags and Burglaries
  • Fanny Packs and Foul Play (A Haley Randolph Mystery)
Handbags and Homicide (Haley Randolph, #1) Purses and Poison (Haley Randolph, #2) Shoulder Bags and Shootings (Haley Randolph, #3) Clutches and Curses (Haley Randolph, #4) Evening Bags and Executions