Start by marking “Five Have a Mystery to Solve (The Famous Five, #20)” as Want to Read:
Five Have a Mystery to Solve (The Famous Five, #20)

Five Have a Mystery to Solve (Famous Five #20)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  4,529 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Slavnu petorku čine Julian, Dick, George, Anne i pas Timmy. Petorka provodi praznike u kolibi na brdu s predivnim pogledom na zaljev i tajna im sama dolazi ususret. Protiv svoje volje, djeca doživljavaju uzbudljivu pustolovinu. Na otoku usred zaljeva, u podzemnim prostorijama zamka, nalaze skriveno blago, predmete od zlata i kipove od neprocjenjive vrijednosti. Petorka otk ...more
Published February 1st 1978 by Knight Books (first published January 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Five Have a Mystery to Solve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Have a Mystery to Solve

Annick
Prashansa
What to say now? This was really as exciting as ever. The most interesting part was when the five were on Whispering Island. They way they escaped from that cave through the well was really fascinating. I wish I had such adventures! They found various gold statues and jewels. Well, at last it was mentioned that Whispering island, the cottage on the hill in which the Five lived and Morris who used to tell tales about the island are all real. This was from the side of the author- Enid Blyton. I li ...more
Meta Morfillah
Judul: Lima sekawan di pulau seram
Penulis: Enid Blyton
Penerbit: Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Dimensi: 184 hlm, 18 cm, cetakan kelima belas februari 2013
ISBN: 978 979 22 5594 2

Huwoo.. sudah lama sekali sejak saya membaca karya-karya Enid blyton. Terutama serial lima sekawan ini. Mereka adalah salah satu favorit saya. Sayang, sebab banjir koleksi buku saya sejak kecil rusak semua dan tak bersisa karena sebagian hanyut. Betapa antusias saya mendapatkan buku ini dari hadiah lomba di twitter yang diselengga
Dani Noviandi

#19 & #20 dari Lima Sekawan ciptaan eyang Enid Blyton.

Karang Setan, si # 19. Episode ini memberikan sebuah hiburan baru bagi para pecinta Lima Sekawan, MercuSuar! Yup, di buku yang ini anak-anak membawa para pembacanya berpetualang di sebuah mercusuar sebagai tempat tinggal atau tepatnya tempat anak-anak menghabiskan liburan. Mercusuar ini kepunyaan si Utik, anak dari seorang profesor kawan dari ayah George yang mendadak menginap di Pondok Kirrin. Karena keadaan rumah yang sempit dan gaduh,
Neja
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
Jenna Mills
Felt like a rather rushed adventure.
Sikoni
adventure is necessary in life. don't get too comfortable or you'll be on your way to being obsolete
Kirsti
Number 20 in the famous fave series, and another one that isn't set in Kirrin. Here we see the children staying at their parents home for once, although not for long. George and Timmy visit most days, of course, and then they are asked by a kindly old lady their mother knows if they will go and stay in her cottage with Wilfred, a young boy with a gift with animals.

They hear all about Whispering Island, and believe the island is full of undisturbed animals and treasure. Quite by mistake the five
Lisa
This could also be entitled Five Jump the Shark. It eventually straightened out, but not before a creepy-Pied-Piper-toad-talking boy took over the first half. Also, much more abuse of exclamation points than there generally is, which is saying something.

Also also, for the love of all that is good and holy, stop torturing the poor dog as a plot device.

Rather glad this is the penultimate installment - it's getting weird.
Lili
Book I loved and since children and grandchildren adore, everyone of Blyton's books are enjoyable readable and loved by all
John
As with all Famous Five books, this is of the same trusted and successful formula.

I loved these books as a child and I am delighted that my girls loved them as children too.

The stories are adventures of a byegone age, yet still hold the attention of children, around the world...... they have stood the test of time well - and for a great reason.

The stories are plausible, fun, adventurous and contain an excellent mix of young characters... with a little bit of everyone in each of them - something
Rayiza
great.. detail description from this book make me feel the adventure of famous five.
Jureshka Naidoo
Great book though it wasn't too exciting
Ruqaya Nadeem
famous five series are the best
Richa
Some bit new, some repetetive.
Jake Collins
Dementia-fuelled nonsense, sadly.
David
I loved the Famous Five books when I was a kid. I don't recall much about them anymore though. This one is set on a cottage overlooking the harbour and an island.

I'd recommend this series for kids who love adventure stories coupled with mystery and detective elements. It's like a younger version of the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew.
Pearl
I wanted to have a glimpse at what made these books so addictive as a child and my answer is - I don't know! This story set a great mystery, but other than minor skirmishes, the children didn't really get to the bottom of anything. Disappointing book that has more questions than answers.
Ana Luković
I read this when I was about ten. And, even then, I wondered - is this really a book for kids? I thought is was written for amoebas or some kind of other less intellectual beings. Really, kids are not dumb. Stop underestimating them and start writing more challenging books.
Gabriel
This was a truly excellent series to read as a 12 year-old boy. They all filled me up with a sense of wonder and expectaction, and I read a few of them several times. Highly recommended.

My version is a translation to Spanish by Editorial Juventud, 11th edition.
katie
So I was wrong: there is no such thing as a saturation point where the Famous Five is concerned! And this is a fun one. So much drama! Golden beds and guns! A near-death experience for Timmy! Anne raising her voice, and not just once but twice! Crikey moses.
Ine
pasti loe semua juga baca novel ini kan?...seru..petualangan setiap saat...kadang gw pikir, remaja di luar sana berani2 ya? en selalu beruntung juga, makanya selalu lolos dari bahaya en bisa nyelesain semua misteri....
Raffa yusniah
ini buku terahir dari 21 seri lima sekawan yang aku baca,uda agak lupa ceritanya soalnya sudah lama banget,kalo gak keliru ini pas anne uda jadi kapten olahraga di sekolahnya
Pranay keyal
This famous five books like other is a adventure with an secret passage.
Every famous five book this book also use the same formula of enid blyton.
As one of the last ones of the Famous Five series this is one of my favourites. It is great with whispering Island and all the mysteries.
Leri
Yang aku suka dari karya Enid Blyton: Temanya yang selalu persahabatan, dan ceritanya yang simple tapi mudah dimengerti.
Sari Suharlan
Dimasa kecil buku ini memantik-mantik alam petualngan yang penuh dengan ilmu pengetahuan dan persahabatan..sungguh memikat
Sohaib
Atlast my series is complete.... was searching for this last part since 6 years... Well worth the wait... A memorable novel!!
Irwan
Whispering Island, hmm...
I find that the titles in their Indonesian edition speaks more of its content than the original ones.
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • Uma Aventura no Teatro
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • Kitty at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
  • O Olhar do Dragão
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Famous Five (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)

“Nothing like having a bucket of cold water flung over you to make you see things as they really are!” 4 likes