Start by marking “Sharon Osbourne Survivor: My Story: The Next Chapter” as Want to Read:
Sharon Osbourne Survivor: My Story: The Next Chapter

Sharon Osbourne Survivor: My Story: The Next Chapter

Sharon Osbourne’s life has always been tumultuous, full of both heartbreak and passion. When she completed her bestselling first book Sharon Osbourne Extreme she had hoped to find some peace and stability after her rollercoaster years. It was not to be. In her brand new memoir she reveals what really happened next—from famous celebrity feuds, to her eventful experiences on ...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Little, Brown Book Group (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sharon Osbourne Survivor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sharon Osbourne Survivor

Alison
Aug 24, 2012 Alison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sharon Osbourne - Survivor is the follow up to her first book Extreme. With Extreme covering the first 40 years or so of her life, this second book spans the next 5 years or so. So you might think - what more has the woman got to tell? And the answer is simply - plenty!

The book starts around the time that Sharon was diagnosed with cancer - I have read a few reviews where people have said that the book disappointed them with how little was said about the time she spent fighting cancer. I have to
Kirsty
Feb 18, 2008 Kirsty rated it really liked it
More honesty from Sharon in her second autobiography. Whilst not quite as unputdownable as her first book, this is still a great read. This is more of a tearjerker than her first, especially when she talks about losing her father to Alzheimers. I find this woman a true inspiration on how to cope with literally anything that life throws at you.
May 30, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
If your a fan of Sharon, then you'll enjoying reading this! She is as always brutally honest!
sisterimapoet
Jan 22, 2008 sisterimapoet rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction09
I genuinely enjoyed 'Extreme' but this one was a bit of a barrel-scraper. Clearly 'Extreme' did well so a couple of years on Sharon and her marketeers thought they could squeeze out a bit more.

A rather random collection of chapters with no great cohesion or story to bind them. More of the same, but far less punch.

The only good bit was the stuff about her and Ozzy's trips to Russia both before and after the Iron Curtain and the changes they saw.
Claire
Sep 22, 2013 Claire rated it liked it
More drama from Mrs O - giggles, tears and trauma. Her life is certainly not dull. She seems to thrive on attention and drama. A good book that details some of the stories behind the headlines. Seems honest.
Winter Sophia Rose
Aug 14, 2014 Winter Sophia Rose rated it it was amazing
Brutally Honest Woman With A Fascinating Life!
Karen Cozens
Apr 01, 2008 Karen Cozens rated it it was amazing
Another down to earth book and hard to put down once started
Mark
May 05, 2014 Mark rated it it was amazing
As a follow up from her first bio "Extreme" Sharon once again lets it all out, no holds bared! Brilliant Woman and Amazing Story. She proves you can have major setbacks and still be a huge success!!
Lisa Bennett
Aug 02, 2011 Lisa Bennett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autobiography
Brilliant book, fantastic read. It not only makes you laugh, but it also makes you cry, and I was in streams of tears when reading the chapter relating to her dad passing away. So sad.
78thStitch
Jul 23, 2014 78thStitch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Osbourne is truly a remarkable woman and an inspiration to womankind
VegasGal
Oct 05, 2008 VegasGal rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011, uk-2011
I'm disappointed in this book since Mrs. Ozzy wrote a great autobiography the first time around. This time it was more of her ranting and being cranky. While this is a big part of her personality, I wished there was more to it. I even noticed a few simple errors in the grammar, and I'm surprised she wouldn't be the first person to make sure it was in perfect condition before being published. But with that said, many of her stories were hilarious, shocking (even a bit touching) and a great read. ...more
♥ Marlene♥
Finally received from play.com

Disappointing. Compared to her first book Extreme this was all about her and her grudges. She is blaming her dad for not letting go but she is just like him then. This book seems to be written to show her enemies who are boss and to make some quick money. Yes some parts were interesting like the Russia part and I laughed twice cause she can sometimes be very funny, i give her that so I still give it 3 stars.
Kylie Martin
Aug 12, 2011 Kylie Martin rated it really liked it
Sharon's first book was miles better than this one. I found that the first half of it was purely -these people pissed me off and i reacted like this - and in my view a lot if mad her look very bad - i would never have put any of it in if i'd've behaved that was as i would not be proud of it.

The later half was more meaningful about her dad and house move.

i feel like the book was a bit of a 'let's launch another while i'm in the public eye' sort of a scam
Lilian
Jun 14, 2012 Lilian rated it it was ok
Shelves: memoirs, music
I didn't like this as much as her first memoir, Extreme. I think it focused more on some people and events that didn't turn out to her liking and Ms Osbourne getting back at them. I only particularly enjoyed reading about their trip to Russia. I also appreciate that she still took care of her ailing father, but that device in telling his story seemed like a way of at least making the book a bit interesting.
Lizzie
Jun 03, 2016 Lizzie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A lot less depressing than the first one but a lot of it sounded familiar - it's been a long time since I read her first autobiography but perhaps it's because it was also in that? Probably about half of the stories in there were ones I felt I'd heard before.
Spider the Doof Warrior
Sep 13, 2010 Spider the Doof Warrior rated it really liked it
I like Sharon Osbourne for some reason. She has a great sense of humour and I like how she stands up for her family. She and the rest of her family seem like they'd be more fun than the Duggars who are very respectable.
And respectability is a bit disturbing to me for some reason.
Kate
Oct 27, 2012 Kate rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autobiography
What a shame. Ozzy's book was great. In this, Sharon just came over as an angry woman. 'everybody's avin a go at my faaamily'. Moanin minny.
Jodi Wray
Mar 07, 2016 Jodi Wray rated it really liked it
I am loving this book

If I close my eyes I can hear Sharon saying everything as its wrote in the book

Alandadele
Oct 10, 2009 Alandadele rated it liked it
Interesting woman, to say the least. I liked the first book of her life more.
Sangeetha
Just as crazy as the first part of the book! :)
Mika Harjula
Nov 30, 2014 Mika Harjula rated it liked it
Shelves: music
Her screaming voice echoing in my head. Feels written in a haste to make a few dollars, but manages to capture a strong story of her life.
Anna
Jan 05, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
Carries on from previous autobiography.
Lindsey Byrne
Jun 02, 2013 Lindsey Byrne rated it it was amazing
I love Sharon, she is fabulous and her books get better
Susie Russell
Jun 05, 2013 Susie Russell rated it liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it quite insightful.
Sini
Jan 06, 2016 Sini rated it really liked it
Nice additional glimpse to Sharons life. Really liked how this was deep study about several aspects of her life. ...more
Magdalena
Feb 17, 2008 Magdalena rated it really liked it
Diane
May 27, 2012 Diane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Don't waste your money. The new one ("Extreme," 2007) is much better.
Thea Smith
Aug 12, 2011 Thea Smith rated it liked it
I loved extreme and although I enjoyed this book didnt think it was anywhere near as interesting as the first one - but still glad i read it an interesting woman with a loving family
~*Kim*~
Dec 24, 2011 ~*Kim*~ rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Just as good as her first!
  • Ordinary People
  • Whatever You Say I Am: The Life and Times of Eminem
  • Are You Hungry, Dear?
  • Yarn Works: How to Spin, Dye, and Knit Your Own Yarn
  • Our Betty
Sharon Rachel Osbourne (née Levy, previously Arden) is an English music manager and promoter, television personality and presenter.

She came into public prominence after appearing in The Osbournes, a reality television show that followed her family's daily life. Osbourne later became a judge on the talent shows The X Factor and America's Got Talent. Her autobiography, Extreme, has sold in excess of
More about Sharon Osbourne...