Start by marking “A Clever Beatrice Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Clever Beatrice Christmas

A Clever Beatrice Christmas (Clever Beatrice)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  5 reviews
On Christmas Day I will bring you a bell from Père Noël's very own sleigh!

That's the promise Beatrice makes when the children from the village ask whether Santa is real or not. Beatrice is, after all, the most clever girl in the whole north woods. But, while she herself is quite certain that Père Noël is real, can she outsmart him in order to prove it? Or will she fina
Published October 3rd 2006 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about A Clever Beatrice Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Clever Beatrice Christmas

Dolly
Dec 23, 2013 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an entertaining story in the Clever Beatrice series by Margaret Willey and Heather M. Solomon. It has a Christmas theme and shows how Beatrice uses her wits to help convince local children about Santa's existence. I thought it was a fun tale and I love that Santa was wise to her actions.

The narrative is fun to read aloud and the distinctive illustrations complement the story nicely. We really enjoyed reading this book together.
Cindi
A cute book about Christmas traditions We really like Heather Solomon's illustrations. One thing that bothered me about this book: Was Beatrice being clever trying to get things from Pere Noel? Is lying/fibbing clever? Of course, Pere Noel knew what she was up to, but that didn't smooth things out for me. My daughter liked the book a lot and it had a really sweet ending.
Marcelle
We LOVE Clever Beatrice! She is SO clever and funny. I will look for more books about her to enjoy with my kids who were delightfully surprised by how clever she was. I read it aloud several times over the holiday season, every time with a French Canadian accent, which my kids just loved--my college theatre diction and voicework classes are being put to good use!
Robin Rousu
Not as clever as the others, but a very nice Christmas book. The Quebecois traditions give it a pleasant depth. Recommended to read aloud to ages 5-7.
Kim
Clever Beatrice matches wits with Santa Claus.

themes: Christmas, cleverness, community, friends
Jennifer Parker
Jennifer Parker marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Hello
Hello added it
Dec 14, 2013
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
MJ
MJ added it
Jun 29, 2013
Tara
Tara added it
Feb 01, 2011
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2010
I am the author of 9 Young Adult novels, 6 picture books & more on the way in both genres. I have also published reviews, essays and poetry. My best known books are the CLEVER BEATRICE picture books, for which I received many awards and prizes, including the CCBC Charlotte Zolotow award for best writing in a picture book. Recently, I was given the Gwen Frostic Award by the Michigan Reading Ass ...more
More about Margaret Willey...

Clever Beatrice (3 books)
  • Clever Beatrice
  • Clever Beatrice and the Best Little Pony
Four Secrets Clever Beatrice The 3 Bears and Goldilocks Beetle Boy A Summer of Silk Moths