Start by marking “The Twelve Dancing Princesses” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Dancing Princesses

The Twelve Dancing Princesses

Twelve princesses, each possessing riches, grace, power and dignity. Yet despite the sisters' charmed lives—and despite the handsome men who desire them—they are woefully unfulfilled, frustrated and aching for something more. As a powerful wizardess helps to solve the riddle of their discontent, each princess discovers creative— and naughty—ways to satisfy her passionate c ...more
Trade Paperback, Spice, 320 pages
Published September 2007 by Harlequin Spice

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Dancing Princesses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Dancing Princesses

Cherise
Jan 19, 2009 Cherise rated it did not like it
Shelves: erotica
A king is puzzled that his twelve married daughters wake up each morning to find that their shoes have been completely worn out while they sleep. Several people have stepped forward trying to solve the mystery, yet no one has been able to. A wizardess comes through with an intriguing, yet seemingly impossible, answer. The king challenges her to prove her findings and to cure the reasons behind it, and the wizardess accepts the challenge and pays each princess a separate visit.

What started off as
Jan
May 05, 2008 Jan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jan by: friend
What a good book. I would think this would be a good selection for women who read lots of erotica and women who have never read it before. If you have a problem with your lover/spouse/whatever, its in here. I loved that each story centered around a intimacy problem that the two people involved worked together to fix. There are some really good ideas for spicing up a relationship in here. Even though I don't really have problems with my boyfriend, there were things in here I could relate too. The ...more
Sharon Malcolm
Jun 04, 2010 Sharon Malcolm rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mediocre
What a load of cobblers. Twelve sexist tales, morals of married sexual life thinly veiled as erotica. It's the Twelve dancing princesses all growed up, and living dissatisfied married lives, waiting for their magical marriage counsellor to arrive and present them with an instantaneous diagnosis and cure. Each chapter dedicated to a couple and named after the princess in question and each princesses name a white trash sounding made-up name that attempted to sound like the problem she had ie Princ ...more
Amanda Ryan
Nov 30, 2007 Amanda Ryan rated it really liked it
The reason I decided to read this book is because it was labeled as "erotica for women by a woman." I had read reviews saying it was great, generally, as erotica, but also intriguing as that it explored general issues "real" women experience in that department. SO I picked it up...and I'm glad I did. It was a fun read. I'm looking forward to reading her other tales.
Nehalemn
Jul 02, 2008 Nehalemn rated it really liked it
Fabulous fairy tale about 12 princesses named after their own unhappiness who each break through their difficulties in an erotic way. This book made me blush, laugh out loud, and think all at the same time.
Laura V.
Aug 04, 2014 Laura V. marked it as abandonados-para-no-volver  ·  review of another edition
ABURRIDO
Steph
Jan 22, 2017 Steph rated it it was amazing
This has been sitting on my bookshelf for quite a while and I finally decided to read it. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I got into it. I can relate to the plight of the poor princesses who often suffer in silence while hoping to somehow find physical satisfaction from their husbands. Having a powerful wizardess around certainly helps to get things going. Of course, this also has a particularly nice bonus for the wizardess herself. I used to read these types of books when I was in my ear ...more
Kay
Feb 20, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: print
4 Stars! ~ Once upon a time, there was a King who had no sons but twelve beautiful daughters and his Royal castle was always filled with joy. As the Princesses grew up, they each in turn married their own Prince. It has come to the King’s attention that the Kingdom is having trouble keeping the Princesses in new shoes, as it seems all twelve wear out a pair of shoes every day. This is a strange mystery. When the Princesses go to sleep at night, the shoes worn that day are fine with little wear, ...more
Mary Mest
Jul 22, 2013 Mary Mest rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one or creeps
Well first things first this is one of my all time favorite fairy tales because of the great but under-hyped Faerie Tale Theatre. I work in a library that did not have this so I requested it from outside of the state. So for 2 years everyone in the library system will know I read this smut.

This book started out fairly promising 12 sisters shoes are worn out every morning from coming and dancing in their father's palace every night - in spirit form - that is where it gets weird. A wizardess come
Miku
Apr 15, 2016 Miku rated it liked it
Pretty Nurse
Sep 17, 2011 Pretty Nurse rated it did not like it
I was excited to start this book, the beginning was promising but by the fifth story it was monotonous.

But that's obviously not why I read it >.< I wanted and expected some steamy sex scenes and there was none, atleast not by my standards. It was too PG13 and/or just weird (the pig/mud scene) WTF???

So I think I will be swapping this along with the auhor's Enchanted series if those are the same.
Lauren Doll
Dec 21, 2010 Lauren Doll rated it it was amazing
Another erotica book with a fairy tale theme. What more could I ask for?! I loved this book because it deals with the 12 princesses and their husbands. They princesses are restless and unhappy and its up to a wizardress to figure out why. On a side note, if you like this book check out Nancy Madore's other fairy tale erotica books. They are great too!
South Regional Durham County Libraries
Darice
May 11, 2009 Darice rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic
Thinly veiled depictions of the biggest sexual gripes. All the sisters are up at night, dancing their shoes off because something is wrong with their relationship or sex life. I wouldn't recommend reading it all the way through, but having it near your bed to read on occasion.
Karina
Oct 20, 2007 Karina rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read or like erotica, but this was more psychological and romantic than I expected, and really well-written. I'll definitely try her other book.
Meem
Jul 19, 2012 Meem rated it it was ok
She had been following the advice of charlatans, who had the impertinence to speak for their own creator.
Sira Fei
Oct 01, 2014 Sira Fei rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite romantic selections of all time and that's saying something as i have read A LOT of aforementioned romantic selections.
Christie
Nov 03, 2008 Christie rated it it was ok
I was very disappointed in this book, have read other works by Madore and this was not her best. The relationships were vague, and the intimate scenes left a lot to be desired.
Erin Lee Arvin
Aug 16, 2015 Erin Lee Arvin rated it it was amazing
I remember reading excerpts of this book aloud by candlelight in the hallway of my sorority house in college during a blackout. Definitely spicy enough to make a houseful of co-eds giggle and blush.
Briana Thompson
Sep 01, 2014 Briana Thompson rated it really liked it
The book is a little tame sexually speaking but I always enjoy Madore’s unique and insightful infusion of feminist theory into the erotic genre.
Ameerah
Ameerah rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2012
L
L rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2011
Angie
Angie rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2011
Ale Rivero
Ale Rivero rated it really liked it
May 02, 2013
Irina Villacis
Irina Villacis rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2011
Betsy
Betsy rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2013
Macarena Osses
Macarena Osses rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
ValentinaC
ValentinaC rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2017
  • Hell Kat
  • The Erotic Secrets of a French Maid
  • The Playboy Boss's Chosen Bride
  • A Taste of Honey
  • Striptease (www.girl-gear... #4)
  • Nada más verte (HQÑ)
  • Black Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #2)
  • Tease
  • Gabriel's Woman (The Lover, #2)
  • Heat Waves (Sexy City Nights, #3)
  • Operation Gigolo (Love & Laughter, #47)
  • The Diary Of Cozette
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • Jack Riordan's Baby
  • Cuando la memoria olvida (Amigos del barrio, #2)
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • Cady's Cowboy (Crime Tells, #2)
Nancy Madore achieved enormous critical acclaim with her ENCHANTED series, which includes ENCHANTED, ENCHANTED AGAIN and ENCHANTED DREAMS.

Now, following her life-long interest in ancient history and mythology, Nancy Madore is launching a new series in the historical and science/speculative fiction genres, called LEGACY OF THE WATCHERS. So far, the series includes THE HIDDEN ONES and POWER OF GODS.
More about Nancy Madore...