Start by marking “The Twelve Dancing Princesses” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Dancing Princesses

The Twelve Dancing Princesses

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Twelve princesses, each possessing riches, grace, power and dignity. Yet despite the sisters' charmed lives—and despite the handsome men who desire them—they are woefully unfulfilled, frustrated and aching for something more. As a powerful wizardess helps to solve the riddle of their discontent, each princess discovers creative— and naughty&# ...more
Trade Paperback, Spice, 320 pages
Published September 2007 by Harlequin Spice

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Dancing Princesses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Dancing Princesses

Cherise
A king is puzzled that his twelve married daughters wake up each morning to find that their shoes have been completely worn out while they sleep. Several people have stepped forward trying to solve the mystery, yet no one has been able to. A wizardess comes through with an intriguing, yet seemingly impossible, answer. The king challenges her to prove her findings and to cure the reasons behind it, and the wizardess accepts the challenge and pays each princess a separate visit.

What started off as
Jan
May 05, 2008 Jan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jan by: friend
What a good book. I would think this would be a good selection for women who read lots of erotica and women who have never read it before. If you have a problem with your lover/spouse/whatever, its in here. I loved that each story centered around a intimacy problem that the two people involved worked together to fix. There are some really good ideas for spicing up a relationship in here. Even though I don't really have problems with my boyfriend, there were things in here I could relate too. The ...more
Sharon Malcolm
What a load of cobblers. Twelve sexist tales, morals of married sexual life thinly veiled as erotica. It's the Twelve dancing princesses all growed up, and living dissatisfied married lives, waiting for their magical marriage counsellor to arrive and present them with an instantaneous diagnosis and cure. Each chapter dedicated to a couple and named after the princess in question and each princesses name a white trash sounding made-up name that attempted to sound like the problem she had ie Princ ...more
Amanda Ryan
The reason I decided to read this book is because it was labeled as "erotica for women by a woman." I had read reviews saying it was great, generally, as erotica, but also intriguing as that it explored general issues "real" women experience in that department. SO I picked it up...and I'm glad I did. It was a fun read. I'm looking forward to reading her other tales.
Nehalemn
Fabulous fairy tale about 12 princesses named after their own unhappiness who each break through their difficulties in an erotic way. This book made me blush, laugh out loud, and think all at the same time.
Kay
Feb 20, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: print
4 Stars! ~ Once upon a time, there was a King who had no sons but twelve beautiful daughters and his Royal castle was always filled with joy. As the Princesses grew up, they each in turn married their own Prince. It has come to the King’s attention that the Kingdom is having trouble keeping the Princesses in new shoes, as it seems all twelve wear out a pair of shoes every day. This is a strange mystery. When the Princesses go to sleep at night, the shoes worn that day are fine with little wear, ...more
Mary Mest
Aug 16, 2013 Mary Mest rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one or creeps
Well first things first this is one of my all time favorite fairy tales because of the great but under-hyped Faerie Tale Theatre. I work in a library that did not have this so I requested it from outside of the state. So for 2 years everyone in the library system will know I read this smut.

This book started out fairly promising 12 sisters shoes are worn out every morning from coming and dancing in their father's palace every night - in spirit form - that is where it gets weird. A wizardess come
Erin Lee Arvin
I remember reading excerpts of this book aloud by candlelight in the hallway of my sorority house in college during a blackout. Definitely spicy enough to make a houseful of co-eds giggle and blush.
Sira Fei
One of my favorite romantic selections of all time and that's saying something as i have read A LOT of aforementioned romantic selections.
Pretty Nurse
I was excited to start this book, the beginning was promising but by the fifth story it was monotonous.

But that's obviously not why I read it >.< I wanted and expected some steamy sex scenes and there was none, atleast not by my standards. It was too PG13 and/or just weird (the pig/mud scene) WTF???

So I think I will be swapping this along with the auhor's Enchanted series if those are the same.
South Regional Durham County Libraries
Another erotica book with a fairy tale theme. What more could I ask for?! I loved this book because it deals with the 12 princesses and their husbands. They princesses are restless and unhappy and its up to a wizardress to figure out why. On a side note, if you like this book check out Nancy Madore's other fairy tale erotica books. They are great too!
Lauren Doll
Darice
Thinly veiled depictions of the biggest sexual gripes. All the sisters are up at night, dancing their shoes off because something is wrong with their relationship or sex life. I wouldn't recommend reading it all the way through, but having it near your bed to read on occasion.
Briana Thompson
The book is a little tame sexually speaking but I always enjoy Madore’s unique and insightful infusion of feminist theory into the erotic genre.
Christie
I was very disappointed in this book, have read other works by Madore and this was not her best. The relationships were vague, and the intimate scenes left a lot to be desired.
Karina
I don't usually read or like erotica, but this was more psychological and romantic than I expected, and really well-written. I'll definitely try her other book.
Meem
She had been following the advice of charlatans, who had the impertinence to speak for their own creator.
Bsorn Borno
Mar 30, 2008 Bsorn Borno rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Bsorn by: gift
This was fantastic! Really different. I have to find more from this author.
Mimochal
inspiring and conjugally helpful!!!
Kristine
Sexy, interesting not bad.
Laura V.
Jan 14, 2015 Laura V. marked it as abandonados-para-no-volver  ·  review of another edition
ABURRIDO
Anahí Serrano
Anahí Serrano marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Chaneilfhios
Chaneilfhios marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Aishna
Aishna marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
  • Naughty Fairytales from A to Z
  • Hell Kat
  • The Erotic Secrets of a French Maid
  • The Diary Of Cozette
  • A Taste of Honey
  • The Playboy Boss's Chosen Bride
  • Striptease (Harlequin Blaze, #99)
  • Bedding Down: A Collection of Winter Erotica
  • Purchased by the Billionaire
  • Black Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #2)
  • Touch Me (Awesome Foursome, #3)
  • Tease
  • The Ranieri Bride (For Love or Money)
  • Cady's Cowboy (Crime Tells, #2)
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • Into the Darkness (Dark Realm, #1)
  • Atrévete a quererme (Amigos del barrio, #4)
  • Gabriel's Woman (The Lover, #2)
Nancy Madore achieved enormous critical acclaim with her ENCHANTED series, which includes ENCHANTED, ENCHANTED AGAIN and ENCHANTED DREAMS.

Now, following her life-long interest in ancient history and mythology, Nancy Madore is launching a new series in the historical and science/speculative fiction genres, called LEGACY OF THE WATCHERS. So far, the series includes THE HIDDEN ONES and POWER OF GODS.
More about Nancy Madore...
Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women Enchanted Again Enchanted Dreams: Erotic Tales of the Supernatural The Hidden Ones (Legacy of the Watchers, #1) Beauty and the Beast (Spice Brief)