Start by marking “The Provenance Press Guide to the Wiccan Year: A Year Round Guide to Spells, Rituals, and Holiday Celebrations” as Want to Read:

In The Provenance Press Guide to the Wiccan Year, Judy Ann Nock offers you a definitive guide to "the wheel of the year." Capturing the essence of the major and lesser holidays, this complete and practical reference will appeal to Wiccans of all levels of experience. The handbook offers something for everyone: recipes, crafts, activities, spells, rituals, and meditations. ...more
Published June 4th 2007 by Adams Media

To ask other readers questions about The Provenance Press Guide to the Wiccan Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Provenance Press Guide to the Wiccan Year

Keitra
Aug 28, 2014 Keitra rated it it was amazing
One of the most well written books I've read on a Wiccan subject. I never found myself bored while reading. This book is full of great information, rituals, and recipes that I would recommend to anyone.
Terry Chartier
Sep 15, 2008 Terry Chartier rated it really liked it
Informative guide to Wiccan traditions year round.
Crystal
Dec 22, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Great read! It was very interesting and awesome knowledge gained. I will definitely keep this book in my library for reference throughout the year.
Deena
Mar 15, 2009 Deena rated it it was amazing

In The Wiccan Year, Rev. Judy Ann Nock, Fellowship of Isis priestess of the Iseum of Urania Celesta and the Iseum of the Muses, has written a practical guide to the cycle of the year, with a focus on the star energy of each season.

The preface describes the development of Judy’s idea for a book based on the Wiccan wheel of the year with its branches in the stars and its roots in the old agrarian seasonal festivals.

This is an evolutionary concept, which will be especially meaningful to members of
Violet
Mar 30, 2012 Violet added it
It was okay. Could have been more suggestive to multiple traditions of the craft and of multiple ways to celebrate. Other than that it has creative ideas for celebrating in an old world style other than neo-pagan ways.
Lynda Miranda
Sep 23, 2015 Lynda Miranda rated it it was amazing
I've had this book for about eight years and I keep it out because I always forget which of the eight seasons we are in LOL a very informative book for me.
Bladestryke
Feb 16, 2015 Bladestryke rated it really liked it
lots of information. astrology, history, mythology. I just wish there were more on the ceremony of the sabbats. at least she included info on the esbats. still a good read.
Stephanie
Mar 04, 2016 Stephanie rated it liked it
Does the Pagan/Wiccan Wheel confuse you? No fear now! This book is a journal of all the Sabbaths and gives you recommendations as to how to celebrate them!

I use mine as a journal for influences of the season. I'm a Priestess and am trying to organize a coven at this time and I highly recommend buying this book to keep track of all the important dates for Pagan/Wicca.

I'm an eclectic and don't believe in doing the exact same ritual the same way each time. Other ministers write their sermons for ea
Angela
Nov 06, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it
Lovely combination of religion, mythology and astronomy. I enjoyed more than I expected!
Dawn
Nov 03, 2012 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best reference works of the Sabbats in the Wiccan Year
Heather turner
Jan 05, 2012 Heather turner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a must have for anyone want to follow the wiccan year
Rochelle Spada
Rochelle Spada rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2015
Scarlett
Scarlett rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2017
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
Julie Wuensche
Julie Wuensche rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Veronica
Veronica rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Erin Harris
Erin Harris rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Alexandra Brovco
Alexandra Brovco rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2011
angela k wurtz
angela k wurtz rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Brenda Rackley
Brenda Rackley rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2016
The Violet Kat
The Violet Kat rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2011
Alex Watts
Alex Watts rated it really liked it
May 19, 2015
Kate Robbins
Kate Robbins rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2013
Michelle Williams
Michelle Williams rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2017
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2016
Stephanie Bates
Stephanie Bates rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2015
Kirsty Mcewan
Kirsty Mcewan rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
  • The Heart of Wicca: Wise Words from a Crone on the Path
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • Everyday Moon Magic: Spells & Rituals for Abundant Living
  • Wicca For One: The Path Of Solitary Witchcraft
  • Real Witches' Year: Spells, Rituals, and Meditations for Every Day of the Year
  • Your Book Of Shadows: How to Write Your Own Magickal Spells
  • Power of the Witch: The Earth, the Moon, and the Magical Path to Enlightenment
  • Charms, Spells, and Formulas: For the Making and Use of Gris Gris Bags, Herb Candles, Doll Magic, Incenses, Oils, and Powders
  • Crone's Book of Charms & Spells