Start by marking “Unresisting (The Unresisting Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unresisting (The Unresisting Trilogy, #1)

Unresisting (The Unresisting Trilogy #1)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Seventeen-year-old Natasha Johnson is having a rough year. Her twin brother, Sean, died last spring after a car crash, and her parents have decided to pack up and leave the only home she’d ever known. It's been a lot to take in, and Nat has decidedly given up on the world... until moving to Stetson Valley and meeting high school outcast: Chace Owens.

Chace's dark and myster
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 330 pages
Published November 28th 2014 (first published November 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unresisting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unresisting

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Stephenie MeyerCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickDead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Supernatural Romance
466th out of 1,154 books — 2,077 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Host by Stephenie MeyerHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Anything but vampires, please?
454th out of 825 books — 595 voters

More lists with this book...

Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Rating 3.5

This storyline is very intriguing, I will admit at first when I was reading the book I personally thought it was moving too fast, and things were happening so fast without any real reason or details as to why. As well as some things were confusing, but I really like the overall idea behind the story and as I got further into it, it grabbed my attention more and more.

I'm really interested in learning more backstory to this world where the fire starters are from, it's definitely appealin
Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books
Unresisting has a very intriguing storyline. I was definitely pulled into this story from the first page. I loved Morgan’s creative perspective of this different, paranormal dimension where the Ledarians and Arhaenian are from. I also loved the main character, Natasha (Nat). And the story is told from her POV. She’s strong-willed, and has no problem holding her own. Then there are the two gorgeous guys, Chase and Jesse, who I absolutely adored.

Nat's brother, Sean, died last year. And when Nat's
Elen Tabita Bertoldi
Dec 11, 2012 Elen Tabita Bertoldi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of magic, against complicated love triangles, doesn't mind counting the time until next book
Shelves: besties
I'm not really fond of writing reviews, I'm planning on doing some reviewing to the books I've read or at least started reading, have they been finished or not, but mostly of what I'm going to be writing will be basically just a piece of what was on my head while I was reading and some points and aspects that actually caught my attention and made me apreciate or not the books I've read or attempted to read!!
So pls don't shoot me down ;3

************************************************************
Luisa
This book was a fun, compelling read! I really enjoyed the main character, Nat, and felt intreagued the whole time. There are lots of unsolved mysteries that just kept me hooked :) I couldn't stop reading. Chace seems handsome and really dark and mysterious. I like the concept of him.
Fun, quick and a great distraction!
Some things were a bit confusing, I need a little more backstory from Ledron, so I can understand better the relationships. They got a bit muddled in my brain.
I'll keep reading th
Kimber Wheaton
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

I have read a couple of Ms. Morgan's new adult contemporary novels and enjoyed them, so I was very excited for a chance to read Unresisting. I have to say, I wasn't disappointed. The novel starts off with a bang (well, a crash) that is rather heart-wrenching, before we settle into the story and get to know main character Nat.

Nat lost her twin brother in a car crash right at the beginning of the book. He wasn't dead but gone, di
Stephenee
* I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. *

I have read author Shane Morgan's other books/series and have to say that they are all amazing! There is no way to choose just one of her books as my favorite, and reading this one didn't help with this decision either. This was the first book in this series and I have to say that it is just as riveting, smooth flowing, quick paced and exciting as all of her others! I love the way that she develops the characters, the banter
Jenia

Chace's dark and mysterious aura is not exactly seen as 'normal', but Nat already knows that not a lot of things are of the norm when it comes to he
Stormy
I was provided with a copy of Unresisting in exchange for an honest review.

I honestly am having a hard time with this one. Unlike Shane's other books, I feel like this one wasn't ready to be out yet. It's a good idea, yes, but it needed MORE. I didn't quite understand what was happening. I felt like I was watching a movie in fast forward, never connecting with characters or grasping the plot and shaky transitioning. More detail into the characters and the history of the fire starters and all wou
Melissa
DECEMBER 22, 2012 UPDATE -- Shane has gone through her book and done some extensive editing, so many of the editing issues I mention in this review might not be as big of a problem in more recent copies of the book. :)

I was happy to receive a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I'll make this a brief review compared to what I normally write.

First, the good:

The cover is absolutely beautiful. It just grabbed me.

The idea behind the story seems good, if also a bit rou
Rae Hachton
4.5 Stars for Debut Novel!!

I was gifted with the opportunity to read this novel by Shane in its ARC form. I have to say, Unresisting has a very interesting plot line, and is an intriguing story that manages to pull you into the narrative. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Natasha's story.

As a debut YA novel, I think it fits in greatly with other stories of its kind. Yes, it does share some of the same elements of other paranormal stories, such as girl moving to new place and making a discovery about
Tia
This novel was so weird and yet such an interesting tale. I was certainly desperate to finish reading it. I liked the characters and while the story was confusing sometimes I did enjoy it.
Stefan Eveline
Review coming soon!!!
Kirsty Vizard
I have read 3 other books by Shane Morgan which have been Young and New Adult Contemporary Romances. For me, Unresisting is a step outside my ‘Shane Morgan’ comfort zone and I was also reminded that, in fact, it was her debut novel.
Unresisting is a baptism of fire . . literally! In the first chapter, Nat watches flames explode from her palms as her twin brother, Sean, disappears into a pile of ash. The loss of Sean has a profound effect on Nat, especially when she realises that no-one will belie
Jenny - Book Sojourner
December Update:
Shane sent me an updated, edited version, I just haven't had a chance to re-read it.

Original Review:
This review is based off a copy sent to me from the author for a blog tour of which I posted an excerpt. I decided I wanted to continue reading the story because I was intrigued by the excerpt. I want to preface my review by stating the author may or may not have revised the book since then, but I can only review what I received.

Pros:

I actually enjoyed this story and found that
Henrietta
After her twin brother died, Natasha and her family moved to Stetson Valley, where she met people who seemed to want her for reasons that she couldn’t comprehend. While she felt drawn to Chace, a classmate of her English Literature class, she didn’t know if she could fully trust him. With mysterious things kept happening, Natasha felt as though she were constantly being watched. Could she solve the mystery of her twin brother’s death before she became the next victim?

I liked the story, I was eag
Giselle at Book Nerd Canada
Natasha’s twin brother has died in what she believes to be an accident, but ever since that night, she has intense power that seems to run through her like fire. Her parents move her back to her mom’s small home town of Stetson, and there she meets two new friends, and the resident loner boy named Chase. Together, they stop a growing evil and find out what it means to be a fire starter.

City girl moves to a small town, and falls in lust with the resident hottie who also happens to be the loner. S
Tiffany
To see the full post click HERE

This book started off good, but then it felt like it was going in the Twilight direction. Girl moves to new school, guy that never talks to anyone talks to her and he sits at a table in the lunch room by himself. I didn’t think that I would continue reading it, but I did. I’m glad I went on because that’s where the similarities ended. I still think it was a little short and I found a few errors, but he author said she is fixing them now. :D Other than that I think
Victoria Newman
Is a great book to read
Shane
Dec 02, 2014 Shane rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)

description
Dragana
I read an early ARC of this book and grammatical & spelling errors and some inconsistency in plot really bugged me. I was provided by the new version of ARC with corrected errors but I really didn't like the characters enough to re-read it again.
Allie
I really liked it. There were a lot of surprises and it was a very good story. I love fantasy, and this one hit the spot. I would really like to read the rest of the series and find out what happens next. I would definitely recommend it!
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Bahijah hasan
Bahijah hasan marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Cady Vaverka
Cady Vaverka marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Denise (Ducky)
Denise (Ducky) marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Megan Haman
Megan Haman marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Simona Stoica
Simona Stoica marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
  • Windswept (Moonlit, #2)
  • Anomaly of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #3)
  • Casted
  • Caprion's Wings (The Cat's Eye Chronicles)
  • Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones, #3)
  • The Golden Cage (A Dance of Dragons, #0.5)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • The Chessboard Queen (Guinevere, #2)
  • The Exemeus (The Exemeus, #1)
  • Defiance (The Priestess Trilogy, #1)
  • Krait's Redemption (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #5)
  • Betrothal (Queen's Honor, #1)
  • The Underground Witch (Incenaga, #2)
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)
  • Prince of Light
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Spellbound
  • The Bone Knife
I'm a writer of contemporary romance, suspense, and urban fantasy. I live in the beautiful town of Narragansett, Rhode Island with my amazing husband, who doesn't mind being surrounded by books or inspiring the male characters in my stories. Aside from writing, I enjoy blogging, helping other authors, reading, listening to music and watching movies.

You can connect with me on facebook.com/authorsha
More about Shane Morgan...

The Unresisting Trilogy (3 books)
  • Unfearing (The Unresisting Trilogy #2)
  • Unending (The Unresisting Trilogy, #3)
Impossibly Love (Impossibly, #1) Our Kind of Love The Right Song Finding Julian (The Finding Trilogy, #1) Impossibly True (Impossibly, #2)