Unresisting (The Unresisting, #1)

Unresisting (The Unresisting #1)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Seventeen year old Natasha Johnson is having a rough year. Her twin brother, Sean, died last summer after a car crash, and her parents decided to pack up and leave the only home she’d known all her life. It's a lot to take in, and Nat has decidedly given up on the world, until moving to Stetson Valley and meeting high school ‘outcast’, Chace Owens.

Chace's dark and mysterio...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 282 pages
Published November 21st 2012

Melissa
DECEMBER 22, 2012 UPDATE -- Shane has gone through her book and done some extensive editing, so many of the editing issues I mention in this review might not be as big of a problem in more recent copies of the book. :)

I was happy to receive a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I'll make this a brief review compared to what I normally write.

First, the good:

The cover is absolutely beautiful. It just grabbed me.

The idea behind the story seems good, if also a bit rou...more
Henrietta
After her twin brother died, Natasha and her family moved to Stetson Valley, where she met people who seemed to want her for reasons that she couldn’t comprehend. While she felt drawn to Chace, a classmate of her English Literature class, she didn’t know if she could fully trust him. With mysterious things kept happening, Natasha felt as though she were constantly being watched. Could she solve the mystery of her twin brother’s death before she became the next victim?

I liked the story, I was eag...more
Rae Hachton
4.5 Stars for Debut Novel!!

I was gifted with the opportunity to read this novel by Shane in its ARC form. I have to say, Unresisting has a very interesting plot line, and is an intriguing story that manages to pull you into the narrative. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Natasha's story.

As a debut YA novel, I think it fits in greatly with other stories of its kind. Yes, it does share some of the same elements of other paranormal stories, such as girl moving to new place and making a discovery about...more
Elen Tabita
Dec 11, 2012 Elen Tabita rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of magic, against complicated love triangles, doesn't mind counting the time until next book
Shelves: besties
I'm not really fond of writing reviews, I'm planning on doing some reviewing to the books I've read or at least started reading, have they been finished or not, but mostly of what I'm going to be writing will be basically just a piece of what was on my head while I was reading and some points and aspects that actually caught my attention and made me apreciate or not the books I've read or attempted to read!!
So pls don't shoot me down ;3

************************************************************...more
Jenny - Book Sojourner
December Update:
Shane sent me an updated, edited version, I just haven't had a chance to re-read it.

Original Review:
This review is based off a copy sent to me from the author for a blog tour of which I posted an excerpt. I decided I wanted to continue reading the story because I was intrigued by the excerpt. I want to preface my review by stating the author may or may not have revised the book since then, but I can only review what I received.

Pros:

I actually enjoyed this story and found that...more
Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada
Natasha’s twin brother has died in what she believes to be an accident, but ever since that night, she has intense power that seems to run through her like fire. Her parents move her back to her mom’s small home town of Stetson, and there she meets two new friends, and the resident loner boy named Chase. Together, they stop a growing evil and find out what it means to be a fire starter.

City girl moves to a small town, and falls in lust with the resident hottie who also happens to be the loner. S...more
Tiffany
To see the full post click HERE

This book started off good, but then it felt like it was going in the Twilight direction. Girl moves to new school, guy that never talks to anyone talks to her and he sits at a table in the lunch room by himself. I didn’t think that I would continue reading it, but I did. I’m glad I went on because that’s where the similarities ended. I still think it was a little short and I found a few errors, but he author said she is fixing them now. :D Other than that I think...more
Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books
Unresisting has a very intriguing storyline. I was definitely pulled into this story from the first page. I loved Morgan’s creative perspective of this different, paranormal dimension where the Ledarians and Arhaenian are from. I also loved the main character, Natasha (Nat). And the story is told from her POV. She’s strong-willed, and has no problem holding her own. Then there are the two gorgeous guys, Chase and Jesse, who I absolutely adored.

Nat's brother, Sean, died last year. And when Nat's...more
Dragana
I read an early ARC of this book and grammatical & spelling errors and some inconsistency in plot really bugged me. I was provided by the new version of ARC with corrected errors but I really didn't like the characters enough to re-read it again.
Tia
This novel was so weird and yet such an interesting tale. I was certainly desperate to finish reading it. I liked the characters and while the story was confusing sometimes I did enjoy it.
Stefan Eveline
Review coming soon!!!
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jun 27, 2014
Robyn Donnelly
Robyn Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Tamera McIntosh
Tamera McIntosh marked it as to-read
Mick Loves Books
Mick Loves Books marked it as to-read
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Ayat
Ayat marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Beppe DM
Beppe DM marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Stormy
Stormy marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Ranya Alboslani
Ranya Alboslani marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Sana Alwan
Sana Alwan marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Shane Morgan is a twenty-something bestselling author of Young Adult and New Adult Fiction. She currently resides in the beautiful town of Narragansett, Rhode Island with her amazing partner and best friend. Shane spends her days blogging, reading, and escaping in her stories.

You can connect with her on facebook.com/authorshanemorgan or on her blog http://shanemorganwrites.com
More about Shane Morgan...
Impossibly Love (Impossibly, #1) Finding Julian (The Finding Trilogy, #1) Impossibly True (Impossibly, #2) Our Kind of Love Impossibly Forever (Impossibly, #1-2)