Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Tea Lover's Soul: Stories Steeped in Comfort (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:

Is enjoying a cup of tea the favorite part of your day? Is the brewing of a 'cuppa' a ritual that centers and calms you? Then let Chicken Soup for the Tea Lover's Soul help you reconnect with yourself in the silent intimacy and introspection experienced while sipping tea.

Chicken Soup for the Tea Lover's Soul is the perfect accompaniment to that English Breakfast, delight

Published November 15th 2007 by HCI (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Tea Lover's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Tea Lover's Soul

Cheryl
Aug 03, 2008 Cheryl rated it liked it
Fun reading. All of the stories are quick and light. It was great to tackle with a couple of pots of tea; but it was also great for filling random 5 minute intervals. I think "The worst tea ever" was my favorite story, it touched on my personality.

The one thing that concerns me is the number of short stories about tea drinkers with Alzheimer's. Should there be a study to find out if tea is contributing to that?
Cassandra
Mar 26, 2012 Cassandra rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Cute book. Some of the stories are very heartwarming, especially the one about a woman who meets her future husband over a cup of tea. His proposal was so touching!

This book is very faithful to the Chicken Soup line of books. Some of the stories are almost saccharine-ly sweet. As much as I enjoyed all the discussion of tea, I'm glad the book was short!
Firdha Basbeth
May 14, 2011 Firdha Basbeth rated it really liked it
“If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you.”
Riapurwanti Jamin
I feel comfort if I can enjoy my tea every day :)

Jun 03, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it
This book was rather interesting in some regards. It made me laugh and smile, as well as bore me to tears. Most of the time, I smiled at how adorable some situations were or contemplated what was said over a steaming cup of tea.

Regardless I enjoyed this. Not thoroughly, but well enough that it deserves three stars.

Conclusion

I enjoyed this, but I'm not going to read it again. This is more like a once and done read. Those who enjoy a good spot of tea- read it. You'll get plenty of laughs out of t
Jo Anne
Apr 27, 2015 Jo Anne rated it liked it
I'm a book snob and not one for self-help or "one from the heart" type of books, but as a tea drinker, I figured I'd give this one a shot. The stories were all sweet--a page or two of people's memories of tea drinking. They were ok but what I really enjoyed was the bits of tea lore and facts scattered among the pages.
Cathy Hall
Oct 11, 2007 Cathy Hall rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tea-aholics
Wonderful little book full of wonderful stories. But what I really like about this book in the Chicken Soup series is all the interesting info about tea! Who knew tea was so fascinating? And oh, yeah, my story's in it. And it's a good story, too!
Pooja Soni
Feb 05, 2015 Pooja Soni rated it it was amazing
I recently did a review on it on my blog. Follow the link for detailed review: http://psnovel.blogspot.in/2015/01/re...
Patricia
May 29, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Reading these books is like watching YouTube videos. They come in small, enjoyable snippets that keep you wanting to "read just one more."
Janet
Janet rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2012
Prateek
Prateek rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Connie
loved it :-)
Andrea Cruz
Andrea Cruz rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
Jo Rae Jetton
Jo Rae Jetton rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2014
Lia
Lia rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Zoe Lee
Zoe Lee rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Stories that are inspired by tea. Those who love tea will enjoy the stories.
T.E.
T.E. rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Laura rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2012
Sasha Airesse
Sasha Airesse rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2015
Rory
Rory rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2008
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2010
David
Jan 04, 2008 David rated it really liked it
Each story so far leaves you with a warm feeling. Enjoy it with a good cup of tea.
Irene Ofori
Irene Ofori rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Samantha Stark
Samantha Stark rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2013
Güller
Güller rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2008
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Linda Lohman
Linda Lohman rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • James Norwood Pratt's New Tea Lover's Treasury. The Classic True Story of Tea
  • Tea: Addiction, Exploitation, and Empire
  • Pelajaran Berharga (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #2)
  • 19 Lessons On Tea
  • The London Ritz Book of Afternoon Tea
  • The Empire of Tea
  • Music Listography Journal
  • The Tea Companion
  • Finding Betty Crocker: The Secret Life of America's First Lady of Food
  • Liquid Jade: The Story of Tea from East to West
  • Life 101 : Everything We Wish We Had Learned About Life in School -- But Didn't (The Life 101 Series)
  • Goldeneye: Where Bond Was Born: Ian Fleming's Jamaica
  • Draf 1: Taktik Menulis Fiksi Pertamamu
  • Tea: A History of the Drink That Changed the World
  • Kronik Betawi
  • Drink the Tea
  • Culinary Tea: More Than 150 Recipes Steeped in Tradition from Around the World
  • Marching Home: Union Veterans and Their Unending Civil War

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...