Start by marking “Minerva Louise at the Fair” as Want to Read:
Minerva Louise  at  the  Fair

Minerva Louise at the Fair (Minerva Louise)

The fair has come to town, and Minerva Louise finds much there to mistake for something else from her world-but there's no mistake about who deserves the blue ribbon.
Published July 24th 2000 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Minerva Louise at the Fair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Minerva Louise at the Fair

Eva Leger
Jul 29, 2011 Eva Leger rated it liked it
Shelves: julias-books
Julia and I both thought this was really cute even though it's obviously for kids a bit younger than Julia. I think this is the first Minerva book we've ever read but I saw a reviewer mention there are others so we'll have to check some titles out.
In this Minerva is in her hen house when she hears a loud boom and leaves to investigate. After this we see and hear through Minerva. She sees fireworks falling from the sky and thinks they're stars, she sees the lights on the Ferris wheel and thinks t
Matthew
Jun 13, 2015 Matthew rated it really liked it
If Amelia Bedelia were a farm animal, her name would be Minerva Louise. Funny read. Minerva is at the fair and once again, everything seems to make sense to her, but she really understands none of it the way everyone else does. Luckily, she finds a box to sleep in for the night and still more luckily, she wins a blue ribbon in the contest that sleeping in the box entered her in. On the whole, she had a better fair than most, and probably never figured out that she'd even attended a fair in the ...more
Eva Kelly
Jan 08, 2015 Eva Kelly rated it it was amazing
See, now here's what I love about the library. I liked that other book about the chicken [A Hat for Minerva Louise] and so I wanted some more, and the lady knew JUST WHERE to find them so I can read all of them now. I bet that doesn't happen at Bear Pond Books.
And this one was good like the first one. Minerva Louise gets confused about life but she always has fun and sees pretty things that make her happy, so it's OK.
Jill
Nov 17, 2015 Jill rated it really liked it
Dolly
Oct 03, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009
Minerva Louise explores a county fair and takes home a prize. A colorful, fun story that is good to read aloud with children. Our girls like the Minerva Louise stories.
Heather
We didn't like this one as much as The Hat. It's not as funny and a lot of the humor fell flat. Not recommended.
Wendy
Apr 05, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Very cute. Minerva Louise's "voice" is funny and charming. Who knew the perspective of a chicken could make my kids giggle so much.
MistyinCLE
MistyinCLE rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2009
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2015
Christopher
Aug 15, 2013 Christopher rated it really liked it
Another fun book staring this silly hen.
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2013
Jodi
Jodi rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Cate
Cate rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Teri
Jul 28, 2011 Teri rated it liked it
Shelves: fall
I've liked the other minerva loise books better--but this one is OK about a fair.
Shelley Trick
Shelley Trick rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Alexandria
Alexandria rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2013
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Pinky
Pinky rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2013
MAReK
MAReK rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
MAReK
MAReK rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Ginny
Oct 18, 2011 Ginny rated it liked it
lol Troll dolls!
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2011
Laurina
Laurina rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2011
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
Justine Goeden
Justine Goeden rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2014
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Minerva Louise (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Minerva Louise