Start by marking “Spot Goes to the Farm” as Want to Read:
Spot Goes to the Farm

Spot Goes to the Farm (Spot the Dog)

Spot searches for new babies among the farm animals, each of which greets him with its own distinctive noise. Movable flaps conceal portions of the illustrations.

The bestselling puppy is better than ever. Spot's 25th birthday presents are bold, beautiful color covers that give him a great new look. Enjoy Spot in paperback with full-color covers and traditional Lift-the-Fla
Hardcover, 1st American ed., 24 pages
Published September 2nd 1987 by Putnam Juvenile (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Spot Goes to the Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spot Goes to the Farm

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakAre You My Mother? by P.D. EastmanIf You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff
Books for three-year-old children
421st out of 465 books — 341 voters
Click, Clack, Moo by Doreen CroninBarnyard Dance by Sandra BoyntonFooling Ewe by Mike DemersBig Red Barn by Margaret Wise BrownStar of Wonder by Paige W. Pendleton
Farmyard Fun
138th out of 139 books — 61 voters

More lists with this book...

What's not to love about Spot and his fun adventures when it includes little baby animals!! As always Spot books are super easy to follow and allow kids to interact with the book by opening up the little flaps on nearly every page.

This book is about Spot and his father going to the farm..His Dad wants to show Spot a certain baby animal and along the way they look at all different sorts - cow , horses, duck, cats, etc. What the book also does is go through the sounds and baby names for the animal
Cai
I love anything Spot related! The books are entertaining for kids as they are engaged by lifting the flaps. The white background makes it easier for younger kids to focus on the pictures and the story is simple making it perfect for the wee little readers.
Laney
Oct 11, 2016 Laney added it
Shelves: laney-coull
Author: Eric Hill
Genre: Children Pop-up Book, Ficiton
Theme(s): Animals, Animal Noises, Dogs

Opening Line/Sentence: I have some baby animals to show you, Spot.

Brief Book Summary: This book is about Spot, a puppy, and his dad going to the farm. Spot visits all of the animals and listens to the animal noises they make. Spot tries to make friends with the animals.

Professional/Recommendation #1:
C. Henebry (Parent Council Volume 6)
Spot's father wants to show him baby a
Melissa Kearney
Sep 28, 2016 Melissa Kearney rated it really liked it
Author: Eric Hill
Illustrator: Eric Hill
Genre: lift-the-flap moveable book, fiction, picture book
Theme(s): domestic animals, farm animals, farms, animal sounds
Opening line/sentence:
I have some baby animals to show you, Spot.

Brief Book Summary:
Spot searches for baby animals with his father on a farm. When Spot finds the farm animals, each animal makes their specific animal sound for Spot to hear. Each animal that Spot has to find is located under a flap in the book and
Kate
Sep 28, 2016 Kate rated it it was amazing
So much fun for kids
Jennifer Rampton
Title: Spot Goes to the Farm
Bibliographic Reference: Hill, E (2003). Spot Goes to the Farm. London: Penguin Books Ltd.
Summary: This is a board book with lift the flap pages. The book is about Spot the dog that to the farm and meets all the farm animals and makes discoveries.
Personal Reaction: I think this is a good book for the children to learn about what animals live on the farm and the different sounds you will hear while visiting a farm. This would be a good book to use during a farm or an
Simon
Jun 08, 2011 Simon rated it really liked it
This book was a huge favourite of mine. I wanted to get a dog after reading it. I used to have ALL of these books and I read them a lot because I liked the pictures. When it became an animated thing, I lved it so much! I had the VHSs and watched them everyday. I don't know when I stopped or when I grew up from it, but this series has completely escaped my memory until just recently when I read the book: "1001 Children's Books you must read before you grow up".

I am glad to have had this in my li
Jack Kirby and the X-man
This book isn't spectacular, essentially just more of the same after Where's Spot?... The premise of this book is that Spot is looking for baby animals. I won't give too much away, but he doesn't find as many as I thought he would.

While not being spectacular the "lift-the-flap" books are a hit at the moment with X-man - he just loves having the control on the flap - open, closed, open, closed, open, closed, ad infinitum...
Rosa Cline
Mar 21, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
This is a basic young reader book. Spot the puppy and his Dad goes to the farm. His dad wants to show Spot baby animals so they go in search of some. This book introduces various farm animals and their 'habitat' (example horse in a barn, duck in a lake, etc) It is a lift the flap book for the children to be able to interact with you as you read to them. or to just look at for themselves and have fun with the illustrations.
Theodora
Mar 25, 2014 Theodora rated it really liked it
This is a delightful story about a little pup name Spot who goes
to a farm and sees all the different animals. Spot was a happy pup.
He went on his adventure with his dad Sam.

Eric Hill
Born in London and popular author and illustrator.
He was praised for his contribution
to children literacy. He wrote the book "Spot the Dog."
Siobhan
Feb 15, 2016 Siobhan rated it liked it
A wonderful read from my childhood, one I’d certainly suggest for other youngsters. Whilst it is not my all-time favourite childhood read I can still recall all the details of this one meaning it certainly left a lasting impression upon my young mind.

And isn’t that what we want with children’s books, for them to leave a positive lasting impression?
Rubi
Feb 24, 2014 Rubi rated it really liked it
In this story, Spot helps children learn animal sounds and the real names of animal babies: cow = moo/calf, horse = foal, duck = quack/duckling, cat = meow/kittens, etc.
It told it in a cute way, with a visit to a farm
I found myself enjoying this little story, even at my age of 23 :)
Tiffany
Jan 16, 2015 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Spot visits a farm with his dad. Surprises hide behind flaps on each page. Spot looks for each animal's babies but seems to keep not finding them. Up until he spots some piglets and kittens! Brightly colored drawings make this a delightful read. Great for toddlers and babies.
Lisa
Apr 14, 2008 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Spot isn't my favorite, but my toddler daughter loves all of the Spot books and reads them daily. She enjoys lifting the flaps during Spot's search for baby animals and making all of the animal noises.
Vivian
Apr 19, 2013 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Our culminating story time craft activity was a lift-the-flap farm, so we used this book to finish up the day's stories. (Little children LOVE lift-the-flap books!)
Sandra Patrícia
Jul 25, 2015 Sandra Patrícia rated it it was amazing
A very nice book for children to learn the names of some baby animals. Spots goes around the farm with his dad looking for some baby animals. The children love to lift the flaps!
Aphie
Jul 24, 2015 Aphie rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Read with My Monster. We like Spot! Just enough challenges to stretch him, and enough simple words to sore up his confidence for where he is, right now.
Lynley
Aug 02, 2015 Lynley rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebook
I'm impressed at the way Eric Hill successfully avoids the bore of repetition in what basically is a repetitive, instructional picture book.
Mckenna Fuller
Feb 06, 2012 Mckenna Fuller rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness this is my all time favorite children's book!!!

This story takes place on a farm and Spot searches for baby animals.
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2010
Caterina Govoni
Caterina Govoni rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2016
Lana
Lana rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Daisy Law
Daisy Law rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Brooklynn
Brooklynn rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Sharper1
Sharper1 rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2011
Jeniece Trueman
ELS;Letter Knowledge, Vocabulary, Print Motivation
Cherie
Cherie rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Michaela
Michaela rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2014
Alys
Alys rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2012
  • Baby Animals
  • Chicken, Chicken, Duck!
  • Touch & Feel: FARM
  • Spots, Feathers, and Curly Tails
  • Hairy Maclary's Rumpus at the Vet (Picture Puffin)
  • Camping Day!
  • Old Mother Hubbard
  • Ladybug Girl at the Beach
  • Annie and the Wild Animals
  • Excuse Me!: a Little Book of Manners
  • How To Catch A Heffalump (Disney's Pooh)
  • The Magic Locket
  • Harold's Purple Crayon Treasury
  • Fish had a Wish (I Like to Read)
  • Little White Duck
  • I Love Trains!
  • Blue Train, Green Train (Thomas & Friends)
  • Babar's Yoga for Elephants
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.
More about Eric Hill...

Spot the Dog (1 - 10 of 160 books)
  • Where's Spot?
  • Spot Goes to School (color)
  • Spot Goes On Holiday
  • Spot Visits His Grandparents
  • Spot Loves His Daddy
  • Spot's Birthday Party
  • Good Night Spot
  • Spot Goes to the Beach (color)
  • Spot Loves His Mum
  • Spot Goes to the Park (color)