Blank-133x176
Simbad, El Nino

Anonymous

Simbad, El Nino (El Duende Verde / the Green Elf)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Published June 30th 2000 by Grupo Anaya Comercial (first published September 12th 1960)

Sanchit Bhandari
The voyages of sindbad, the story of the man who survived.
First of all I would like to say that I picked this book because it was small not that I always select small books but as I was in mood of some light reading.

Sindbad is really a typical hero different from others, the book is different thaN the other adventure stories where morality is the first thing to see no sindabad is all about making the toughest decision of life, about the survival instincts and the ability to adapt, about never...more
Slayermel
These adventures of Sinbad’s became so repetitive in such a short book. Get’s on a ship, ends up overboard or stranded and has to find his way home. Chapter after Chapter, the same thing over and over again. I would definitely say this book is for children 7 and up. It does talk about sailors drowning and dying etc...

It’s a chapter book for children with some small pictures on the pages. There are also some comic book style thought bubbles coming out of some of the pictures.

After reading this,...more
Brian
i picked this book up to read becasue it was very small. you know, fits in a pocket, read it on the bus small. i dont really ever ride the bus, but that is neither here nor there. becasue i dont really ever have specified blocks of time to read i figured shorter smaller easier reads would be, well, easier.

and this was an easy read. it was the seven voyages of sindbad and another story of ma'aruf and fatimah. i literally just finished the second story, and with about ten pages left i found myself...more
PurplyCookie
Seven voyages. Seven missions. Only one man has survived them.

A poor man (Sindbad the Porter) meets a man who shares his name: a great sailor who welcomes him to his house and to his table. The former was amazed to be told of seven journeys to foreign lands, every one ending in shipwreck.

As he listens, the traveler describes a flight on a giant bird, battles with foes including giant serpents, brutal cannibals and the murderous Old Man of the Sea, and the discovery of diamonds.

Sindbad the Sai...more
Dergrossest
[This is a review of the 1955 Heritage Press edition, chock-full of interesting illustrations.:] Once again, I seem to have forgotten the unrepentant cruelty and questionable morality of another childhood favorite. Sindbad is quite the sharp operator, constantly beating the odds because of his willingness to cheat or kill any friend or foe standing in his way. Maybe I fail to appreciate the subtleties of the Oriental mind, but Sindbad seems to me a very questionable hero (or maybe he is the orig...more
Amany El kariouny
It is a simple story, but i sometimes felt bored from voyage and another...but it is very interesting for kids they will like it a lot..
And the moral from this story in my opinion "Use your mind" that some of us forget that they have MIND..As i think the reason is they wanna humor the life and escape from live a real life what is they need to do..
From this story Sindbad could skip his hard situations in all his seven voyages by used his mind.
Crataegus
This is the first book I've ever read, I was 8 years old and I barely knew how to read. I found the book and had the child curiosity to know what's inside, I started reading and it turned out to be a pleasing experience it took me like a month to finish it but it was definitely a fascinating book full of magical places and supernatural creatures

Sinbad was the hero during his voyages throughout the seas, he has fantastic adventures meeting monsters and encountering supernatural phenomena.
Este libro lo leí en Sexto de primaria, por aquel entonces me gustaba poco leer pero este libro me trae muy buenos recuerdos por las aventuras vividas por Simbad y me gusta mucho por ello. Espero poder reelerlo algún dia de estos para poder vivir de nuevo todas sus aventuras.
Elizabeth Eames
I found a copy translated into English, but I did not realize how small the print was. Despite bifocals and perseverance I could not read the book...a first for me! Perhaps I need a new category....age related inability to read....
Dana
This book was ma first introduction to Sindbad. I liked the book a lot. Since then,I have always enjoyed Sindbad's tales and adventures that appear in one children's magazine or the other.
Karthik
The adventures of sindbad were amazing. I really liked it. I want to read it once more.
Stella
Hasta que conozco la historia jajaja!!
Michelle
J 398.2 DAY-[FOL]
Jacquie Fortin
Jacquie Fortin marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Anthony Bigornia
Anthony Bigornia is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Kristina Riederer
Kristina Riederer marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Maria
Maria added it
Jun 11, 2014
Rv
Rv marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Ike
Ike marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Robert Mugga
Robert Mugga marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Negin
Negin marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights The Epic of Gilgamesh Holy Bible: New International Version The Bhagavad Gita