Start by marking “A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)

A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs #2)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  725 Ratings  ·  118 Reviews
Welcome to Sultry Springs, Texas: where home can be the perfect place for a fresh start.

For West Coast filmmaker Bobbi Gallagher, going back to Sultry Springs is a last resort. But with her career in tatters, a quick trip to her hometown might get her the footage she needs to salvage her reputation. She just can't let anything distract her again. Not even the gorgeous cont
Mass Market Paperback, 314 pages
Published March 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Shot of Sultry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shot of Sultry

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenOutlander by Diana GabaldonJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenSultry with a Twist by Macy Beckett
Great Romance Novels
15th out of 799 books — 747 voters
The Way You Look Tonight by Bella AndreIt Had to Be You by Jill ShalvisWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Best Man by Kristan HigginsWaiting for Love by Marie Force
2013 Contemporary Romance
71st out of 475 books — 867 voters

More lists with this book...

Lori Foster
Nov 12, 2012 Lori Foster rated it it was amazing
Whoo hoo! I got an advance copy - because seriously, I'm special :-) - of SULTRY WITH A TWIST. I read it while traveling to South Korea for my son's wedding. Terrific book! Trey... yum. He really helped to pass the time.
Like the first of the Sultry books, With a Twist was fast-paced, sexy, funny, and included charming characters. A must read!
It's not out until March, but be sure to put it on your list! You won't regret it.
Lauren
A Shot of Sultry
3.5 Stars

Returning to her home town of Sultry, Texas with her tail between her legs, documentary filmmaker Bobbie Gallagher is determined to recover her reputation and her career that is if she can keep her hands off her leading man, Trey Lewis, who also happens to be her brother’s best friend and a huge pain in her butt.

A sweet romance, but lacks that extra something that made the first book so engaging.

While Bobbie and Trey have strong chemistry and their love/hate banter is en
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Macy Beckett has really turned up the dial in the second book of the Sultry Springs series. A SHOT OF SULTRY is brimming with rapier wit and heartwarming moments, making for an easy book to devour.

Bobbi and Trey are fantastic characters that are fleshed out and deeply explored. I found myself instantly liking them first as individuals, and then more so as a couple. Added to that are the endearing secondary characters who turn this book from a good read to a great one. Packed with humor and heart
Emma
Mar 05, 2013 Emma rated it really liked it
Oh I loved this book and I loved being back to Sultry. I knew when I read book 1 in this series that Trey had a lot of petential as a character and he didn't disappoint me, at all. I loved the bickering and the loving. But I feelt he best is yet to come. I was very intrigued by Colt (yep, the man-whore). I really can't wait to read his story.
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Jan 20, 2013 Kelly % Books-n-Kisses rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-read
Love this series... Can't wait for book 3

Full Review:
Oh Man!!!! Book two in the Sultry Springs series is SO good. Trey, ahhhh the sweet Golden Boy finally meets his match in a feisty redhead from California. And to say their first meeting was... will eventful would be an understatement.
I loved the beginning, middle and end of this book so much. I read it in one sitting. I kept saying to myself “just one more chapter and I will put down the book and go to sleep” Needless to say at 2 am I finall
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Amanda‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

I returned to Sultry Springs for the second story in the series, A Shot of Sultry, and I couldn’t be more delighted that Trey’s story was just as enjoyable as the first book. Her writing is entertaining and funny with endearing characters which make it so easy to fall in love with them.

Trey Lewis is looking to get a fresh start in life and wants to clear his name. He’s accepted a security detail job in Dubai for the next two years a
Julie - Book Hooked Blog
Mar 26, 2013 Julie - Book Hooked Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I'm not going to review this one because the author is actually a friend of mine - a Nestie in fact. My policy in regards to Nestie authors is that I don't do critical reviews. I'd be biased, obviously, because I love them, and I'd never critique a friend's work unasked or in public. So that explains the lack of critical review on this one and also gives you a heads up that I may be a bit biased in my love for this book.

With that said, you must read A Shot of Sultry! Ok, so you probably remember
Jessica Lemmon
Mar 11, 2013 Jessica Lemmon rated it it was amazing
If you'd like a pair of dimples you could dive into, a strong back you could cling onto, and confidence bordering on conceit, you will love Trey Lewis as much as I did!

The second installment of Macy Beckett's Sultry Springs series is even sultrier than the last. Bobbi is a unique heroine who I enjoyed getting to know, and her sidekicks Bong and Weezus are charming in their own hilarious way. Trey's profession near the end is one I'll remember always and had me dragging a sigh all the way up from
Tammy
Mar 22, 2013 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, romance, own, kindle
Trey, Trey, Trey...

I just couldn't wait to read your book and needless to say you didn't disappoint me.I fell in love with Trey Lewis in Sultry with a Twist because of his personality. Trey and Bobbi agreed to a no-strings-attached affair, but it turned out that they both cared more than they wanted to admit. When the baby scare came along it cemented their relationship for me, because it truly showed how much they cared for each other.

They both tried to move on; Trey in Dubai and Bobbi back in
Michelle
Feb 16, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Macy Beckett totally nailed this book! It's rare to find a story that can entertain me so completely, but A Shot of Sultry did just that. The residents of Sultry Springs are a little crazy, some break your heart, but they all leave you feeling something and that's the connection I was hoping for! Revisiting Luke and Joonbug brought a smile to my face & I loved their interactions with Trey and Bobbi. I don't want to give away too much about Trey and Bobbi, but I will say that their chemistry ...more
Dani
Apr 28, 2015 Dani rated it really liked it
Another fun and sexy romance from Macy Beckett!

This time it was a slow burn but it really paid off. I loved the story between Bo and Trey, and the way they met has made it to my top 3 meet-cute list.

Bo's hippies friends and co-workers brought a really funny and eye opening aspect to her guarded personality. It was hilarious and heart-warming to see them both talking about love. Plus, they were the ultimate shippers for our main couple.

I didn't like Colton much, until begun to show some actual de
Pam
Jun 09, 2015 Pam rated it it was ok
This book was like a bottle rocket -- it started out exceptionally fast & exhilarating, but then the story started slowing down until all the sexiness and hilarious dialogue fizzled out entirely, leaving an ugly mess in its wake.
In this book, the author changed Trey from an easy-going, flirtatious, sinful sexpot & fiercely loyal friend, and completely emasculates him into a needy, emotional mess of a whimpering boy where a man used to be, and a disgustingly unloyal friend who totally ign
Patti
Jan 25, 2013 Patti rated it it was amazing
Macy Beckett writes an amazing story again! You can almost feel the chemistry between Bobbi and Trey and they don't disappoint. I loved that we got more of Luke and June's story as well. This book had me laughing out loud several times. I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a smart, funny, and lovable cast of characters!
Robin (jason&robin)
Jul 16, 2013 Robin (jason&robin) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
This book was just what I needed. I've been in a reading rut for quite a while now and this was the first book that I didn't want to put down. I loved Trey in Sultry With a Twist and now I love him more. My only complaint is that it ended. I wasn't ready to be done yet. Really looking forward to Colton's book.
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Holy Moly!

I did not think I was going love this book as much as the first...BOOM! It was AMAZEBALLS!! Trey and Bobbi's book was fanflippintastic.

I absolutely love this authors use of humor and hot sexy time. Her books are contemporary romance AT ITS BEST!

Trey is Luke's best friend and Bobbi is Luke's sister. This book is about 2 years after Luke and June get together. It is a hoot. Luke tells Trey he must keep Bobbi out of trouble and NO SEX. Well chaos ensues. Loved the premise of the reality s
Tina
Overall Rating: 3.00
Story Line: 3.00
Characters: 3.00
Fun: 3.00
Romance: 3.00

An okay read that had me LOLing a few times. I wasn't too impressed though. I kind of had higher hopes for this story. But it was a decent enough, quick read. Perfect for a day at the beach. One of my pet peeves was in this and the third book as well, (view spoiler) Not sure if that was the case in the first book as I DNF'd that one before (view spoiler)
Kate
Mar 01, 2016 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Originally Read from September 16 to 29, 2012
Mar 02, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

I really enjoyed this book, which is number 2 in the Sultry Springs series. I cannot wait for book 3 and loved reading all of the background info that will come into play when it finally comes out in August.

As with the first book, this one is HOT as well as funny and charming. I loved Bobbi's character. She has overcome such a rough and difficult past and is desperate to make a name for herself after being screwed over in a scandal. On her career's last chance she arrives in her brothe
Karen
**3.5 stars**

Review originally posted at http://teddyree-theeclecticreader.blo...

I really like Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series and Toni Blake’s Destiny series, so I found myself hunting around for contemporary romance novels set in small towns.

When Macy Beckett’s Sultry With a Twist started popping up on Goodreads and some blogs I follow I just knew I had to give it a try. So glad I did because I really enjoyed it. Sultry With a Twist is the story of Luke Gallagher and June Augustine. One thing
Trish
Mar 16, 2013 Trish rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by NetGalley

Review posted at http://csmaxwell.blogspot.com/2013/03/book-review-shot-of-sultry-by-macy.html

I love discovering new authors that rock it out of the starting gate and blow my mind with their characters and fictional world. And Macy Beckett has done just that.

A Shot of Sultry is book two in Macy's adult debut series. (Click here for my review of Sultry with a Twist). Trey Lewis was introduced in the first book as a secondary character that easily won over my hear
Danielle
Jan 21, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I won't lie, the first couple of chapters I was feeling a bit iffy on this book. I was having issues connecting with the heroine and it just took me awhile before I was able to warm up to her. But once I got a few chapters in I was hooked. I couldn't put the book down. It was addicting and just so damn good. I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times and at other moments blushing like a tomato. Trey is hot and the heat between him and
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Mar 05, 2013 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
The queen of Southern romance has done it again.

Sultry Springs is not only where second chances are found but also where laughter reigns and good friends and family come together.

Down on her luck Bobbi Gallagher returns to Sultry Springs after taking a job from a trash media mogul. He wants to branch into the reality show trend and wants footage of singles out in the dating world but wants it people in a rural setting. She is hoping this will help her financially and get her back on top.

Once
Barb Lie
Mar 18, 2013 Barb Lie rated it it was amazing
A Shot of Sultry by Macy Beckett takes place in the town of Sultry Springs. When I received this book to review, I did not know this was the second book in the series. The first book, Sultry with a Twist was the first book, and even though I did not read it, I was able to enjoy A Shot of Sultry anyway. I did get to meet the lead characters from the first book, and really loved those characters, so I will have to go back and read that book.

But this review is about A Shot of Sultry, and the lead
Shari
Mar 29, 2013 Shari rated it really liked it
I haven’t had this much fun with a book in a long time! While there is are serious undertone to the story, there is a lot of times I was laughing all the trouble Bobbi got into!

Bobbi Gallagher’s career as a film maker is on the line after not double checking her references in a documentary. Now video tapping weddings and celebrations seems to be the highlight of her life until she is approached by the creator of those girls gone wild shows. He wants her to work on a story called “Sex in the Stic
Jennie
Dec 25, 2012 Jennie rated it really liked it
Disclaimer – the author is part of my online book club…and she’s pretty much awesome, so this is certainly not an official review and critique. Instead, I’m going to tell you how much I love Sultry Springs.

A LOT. Like more than a normal person should love a fictional town.

And Trey – oh howdy…he made me swoon in Sultry with a Twist and in this story all about him just amped it up more than I can explain.

Everyone in Sultry just makes you want to live there – it’s full of small town drama, but enou
Jo (My House of Books)
Bobbi Gallagher is the long-lost sister of Luke Gallagher, who just happens to be the best friend of Trey Lewis. Bobbi's arrival in Sultry Springs has a main purpose -- filming a reality show -- and a secondary purpose -- reconnecting with Luke. The siblings have lived very different lives, and much of Luke's memories of their mother are mentioned in the first book of this series, Sultry with a Twist.

I suppose I wanted more from the siblings, especially since Bobbi claims she wants to know Luke
Moran
I had lots of problem with this book.

First, I HATE when people use the term Nazi, it shows ignorance and it's insulting! I come from a family of Holocaust survivor and the word Nazi is a word you don't just use to make a point, especially if you plan to say femi- nazi which only made it worse!

I just can't believe a woman will write something like that! Very sad!

Second, I didn't like the hero or the heroine- Bobbi lied to her brother for most of the book and even in the end she didn't tell him t
Pat
Nov 13, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it
My review at Booklist:

Beckett joins the hoard of authors writing about small Texas towns with hearts of gold. After bombing out in Hollywood, documentary filmmaker Bobbi Gallagher gets another chance from a reality-TV producer to shoot a show about how good old boys try to find love in all the wrong places. Bobbi decides to visit her newly married stepbrother, Luke, in Sultry Springs, Texas, and film his rowdy friends in their bids for love. She’s particularly taken with her stepbrother’s best
Lisa Jo
Oct 19, 2013 Lisa Jo rated it it was amazing
Macy Beckett's second installment in the Sultry Springs series is sizzling hot! With exciting characters, great small town charm and a leading couple with electric chemistry, A SHOT OF SULTRY is a must read contemporary romance!

The last place Bobbi Gallagher expected to end up for the summer was Sultry Springs, Texas. Yet a few career mishaps had led her to a depressing job filming a reality TV show about two Southern studs finding love. One of these gorgeous guys just happens to be Trey Lewis,
Romancing the Book
Oct 06, 2013 Romancing the Book rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Reviewed by Marissa
Book provided by NetGalley for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

A Shot of Sultry was such a fun book to read. It was obvious there had been a previous book in the series (happily married couple, underwear found on the office desk brings a smile to his face – but not a blush, constant touching and holding – you know the deal) but that didn’t make this book any less enjoyable to read.

The book begins with Bobbi and the knowledge that she has somehow screwed up
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Half Moon Hill (Destiny, #6)
  • Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Pine Mountain, #2)
  • The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #1)
  • Menage on 34th Street
  • One Day in Apple Grove (Small Town USA, #2)
  • Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3)
  • When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)
5142014
I write hot and humorous romances set in the fictional towns of Sultry Springs, Texas and Cedar Bayou, Louisiana, where first loves find second chances.

I also write romantic sci-fi for young adults under the name Melissa Landers. Check out ALIENATED, now available from Disney-Hyperion, and the sequel INVADED, coming February 3, 2015.
More about Macy Beckett...

Sultry Springs (3 books)
  • Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1)
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)

“Love's not for pansies. If you don't have the cojones to take what you want, then you don't deserve it.” 4 likes