A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)

A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  569 ratings  ·  107 reviews
Welcome to Sultry Springs, Texas: where home can be the perfect place for a fresh start.

For West Coast filmmaker Bobbi Gallagher, going back to Sultry Springs is a last resort. But with her career in tatters, a quick trip to her hometown might get her the footage she needs to salvage her reputation. She just can't let anything distract her again. Not even the gorgeous cont...more
Mass Market Paperback, 314 pages
Published March 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Shot of Sultry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shot of Sultry

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenOutlander by Diana GabaldonSultry with a Twist by Macy BeckettBinding Arbitration by Elizabeth MarxJane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Great Romance Novels
8th out of 686 books — 524 voters
The Way You Look Tonight by Bella AndreIt Had to Be You by Jill ShalvisWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Best Man by Kristan HigginsWaiting for Love by Marie Force
2013 Contemporary Romance
64th out of 457 books — 806 voters

More lists with this book...

Lori Foster
Whoo hoo! I got an advance copy - because seriously, I'm special :-) - of SULTRY WITH A TWIST. I read it while traveling to South Korea for my son's wedding. Terrific book! Trey... yum. He really helped to pass the time.
Like the first of the Sultry books, With a Twist was fast-paced, sexy, funny, and included charming characters. A must read!
It's not out until March, but be sure to put it on your list! You won't regret it.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Macy Beckett has really turned up the dial in the second book of the Sultry Springs series. A SHOT OF SULTRY is brimming with rapier wit and heartwarming moments, making for an easy book to devour.

Bobbi and Trey are fantastic characters that are fleshed out and deeply explored. I found myself instantly liking them first as individuals, and then more so as a couple. Added to that are the endearing secondary characters who turn this book from a good read to a great one. Packed with humor and heart...more
Emma
Oh I loved this book and I loved being back to Sultry. I knew when I read book 1 in this series that Trey had a lot of petential as a character and he didn't disappoint me, at all. I loved the bickering and the loving. But I feelt he best is yet to come. I was very intrigued by Colt (yep, the man-whore). I really can't wait to read his story.
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Love this series... Can't wait for book 3

Full Review:
Oh Man!!!! Book two in the Sultry Springs series is SO good. Trey, ahhhh the sweet Golden Boy finally meets his match in a feisty redhead from California. And to say their first meeting was... will eventful would be an understatement.
I loved the beginning, middle and end of this book so much. I read it in one sitting. I kept saying to myself “just one more chapter and I will put down the book and go to sleep” Needless to say at 2 am I finall...more
Julie (julie37619)
I'm not going to review this one because the author is actually a friend of mine - a Nestie in fact. My policy in regards to Nestie authors is that I don't do critical reviews. I'd be biased, obviously, because I love them, and I'd never critique a friend's work unasked or in public. So that explains the lack of critical review on this one and also gives you a heads up that I may be a bit biased in my love for this book.

With that said, you must read A Shot of Sultry! Ok, so you probably remember...more
Jessica Lemmon
If you'd like a pair of dimples you could dive into, a strong back you could cling onto, and confidence bordering on conceit, you will love Trey Lewis as much as I did!

The second installment of Macy Beckett's Sultry Springs series is even sultrier than the last. Bobbi is a unique heroine who I enjoyed getting to know, and her sidekicks Bong and Weezus are charming in their own hilarious way. Trey's profession near the end is one I'll remember always and had me dragging a sigh all the way up from...more
Tammy
Trey, Trey, Trey...

I just couldn't wait to read your book and needless to say you didn't disappoint me.I fell in love with Trey Lewis in Sultry with a Twist because of his personality. Trey and Bobbi agreed to a no-strings-attached affair, but it turned out that they both cared more than they wanted to admit. When the baby scare came along it cemented their relationship for me, because it truly showed how much they cared for each other.

They both tried to move on; Trey in Dubai and Bobbi back in...more
Michelle
Macy Beckett totally nailed this book! It's rare to find a story that can entertain me so completely, but A Shot of Sultry did just that. The residents of Sultry Springs are a little crazy, some break your heart, but they all leave you feeling something and that's the connection I was hoping for! Revisiting Luke and Joonbug brought a smile to my face & I loved their interactions with Trey and Bobbi. I don't want to give away too much about Trey and Bobbi, but I will say that their chemistry...more
Patti
Macy Beckett writes an amazing story again! You can almost feel the chemistry between Bobbi and Trey and they don't disappoint. I loved that we got more of Luke and June's story as well. This book had me laughing out loud several times. I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a smart, funny, and lovable cast of characters!
Robin (jason&robin)
This book was just what I needed. I've been in a reading rut for quite a while now and this was the first book that I didn't want to put down. I loved Trey in Sultry With a Twist and now I love him more. My only complaint is that it ended. I wasn't ready to be done yet. Really looking forward to Colton's book.
4.5 stars.

I really enjoyed this book, which is number 2 in the Sultry Springs series. I cannot wait for book 3 and loved reading all of the background info that will come into play when it finally comes out in August.

As with the first book, this one is HOT as well as funny and charming. I loved Bobbi's character. She has overcome such a rough and difficult past and is desperate to make a name for herself after being screwed over in a scandal. On her career's last chance she arrives in her brothe...more
Karen
**3.5 stars**

Review originally posted at http://teddyree-theeclecticreader.blo...

I really like Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series and Toni Blake’s Destiny series, so I found myself hunting around for contemporary romance novels set in small towns.

When Macy Beckett’s Sultry With a Twist started popping up on Goodreads and some blogs I follow I just knew I had to give it a try. So glad I did because I really enjoyed it. Sultry With a Twist is the story of Luke Gallagher and June Augustine. One thing...more
Trish
ARC provided by NetGalley

Review posted at http://csmaxwell.blogspot.com/2013/03/book-review-shot-of-sultry-by-macy.html

I love discovering new authors that rock it out of the starting gate and blow my mind with their characters and fictional world. And Macy Beckett has done just that.

A Shot of Sultry is book two in Macy's adult debut series. (Click here for my review of Sultry with a Twist). Trey Lewis was introduced in the first book as a secondary character that easily won over my hear...more
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I won't lie, the first couple of chapters I was feeling a bit iffy on this book. I was having issues connecting with the heroine and it just took me awhile before I was able to warm up to her. But once I got a few chapters in I was hooked. I couldn't put the book down. It was addicting and just so damn good. I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times and at other moments blushing like a tomato. Trey is hot and the heat between him and...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
The queen of Southern romance has done it again.

Sultry Springs is not only where second chances are found but also where laughter reigns and good friends and family come together.

Down on her luck Bobbi Gallagher returns to Sultry Springs after taking a job from a trash media mogul. He wants to branch into the reality show trend and wants footage of singles out in the dating world but wants it people in a rural setting. She is hoping this will help her financially and get her back on top.

Once...more
Barb Lie
A Shot of Sultry by Macy Beckett takes place in the town of Sultry Springs. When I received this book to review, I did not know this was the second book in the series. The first book, Sultry with a Twist was the first book, and even though I did not read it, I was able to enjoy A Shot of Sultry anyway. I did get to meet the lead characters from the first book, and really loved those characters, so I will have to go back and read that book.

But this review is about A Shot of Sultry, and the lead...more
Shari
I haven’t had this much fun with a book in a long time! While there is are serious undertone to the story, there is a lot of times I was laughing all the trouble Bobbi got into!

Bobbi Gallagher’s career as a film maker is on the line after not double checking her references in a documentary. Now video tapping weddings and celebrations seems to be the highlight of her life until she is approached by the creator of those girls gone wild shows. He wants her to work on a story called “Sex in the Stic...more
Jennie
Disclaimer – the author is part of my online book club…and she’s pretty much awesome, so this is certainly not an official review and critique. Instead, I’m going to tell you how much I love Sultry Springs.

A LOT. Like more than a normal person should love a fictional town.

And Trey – oh howdy…he made me swoon in Sultry with a Twist and in this story all about him just amped it up more than I can explain.

Everyone in Sultry just makes you want to live there – it’s full of small town drama, but enou...more
Guilty Pleasures
Amanda‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

I returned to Sultry Springs for the second story in the series, A Shot of Sultry, and I couldn’t be more delighted that Trey’s story was just as enjoyable as the first book. Her writing is entertaining and funny with endearing characters which make it so easy to fall in love with them.

Trey Lewis is looking to get a fresh start in life and wants to clear his name. He’s accepted a security detail job in Dubai for the next two years a...more
Jo (My House of Books)
Bobbi Gallagher is the long-lost sister of Luke Gallagher, who just happens to be the best friend of Trey Lewis. Bobbi's arrival in Sultry Springs has a main purpose -- filming a reality show -- and a secondary purpose -- reconnecting with Luke. The siblings have lived very different lives, and much of Luke's memories of their mother are mentioned in the first book of this series, Sultry with a Twist.

I suppose I wanted more from the siblings, especially since Bobbi claims she wants to know Luke...more
Moran
I had lots of problem with this book.

First, I HATE when people use the term Nazi, it shows ignorance and it's insulting! I come from a family of Holocaust survivor and the word Nazi is a word you don't just use to make a point, especially if you plan to say femi- nazi which only made it worse!

I just can't believe a woman will write something like that! Very sad!

Second, I didn't like the hero or the heroine- Bobbi lied to her brother for most of the book and even in the end she didn't tell him t...more
Pat
My review at Booklist:

Beckett joins the hoard of authors writing about small Texas towns with hearts of gold. After bombing out in Hollywood, documentary filmmaker Bobbi Gallagher gets another chance from a reality-TV producer to shoot a show about how good old boys try to find love in all the wrong places. Bobbi decides to visit her newly married stepbrother, Luke, in Sultry Springs, Texas, and film his rowdy friends in their bids for love. She’s particularly taken with her stepbrother’s best...more
Lisa Jo
Macy Beckett's second installment in the Sultry Springs series is sizzling hot! With exciting characters, great small town charm and a leading couple with electric chemistry, A SHOT OF SULTRY is a must read contemporary romance!

The last place Bobbi Gallagher expected to end up for the summer was Sultry Springs, Texas. Yet a few career mishaps had led her to a depressing job filming a reality TV show about two Southern studs finding love. One of these gorgeous guys just happens to be Trey Lewis,...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Marissa
Book provided by NetGalley for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

A Shot of Sultry was such a fun book to read. It was obvious there had been a previous book in the series (happily married couple, underwear found on the office desk brings a smile to his face – but not a blush, constant touching and holding – you know the deal) but that didn’t make this book any less enjoyable to read.

The book begins with Bobbi and the knowledge that she has somehow screwed up...more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed on: http://readyourwrites.blogspot.com
For Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Hmmmm, where do I begin? As I’m sitting here, I keep thinking about Trey, with his blond hair, blue eyes, fabulous smile, and the biggest dimples ever! (Yes, I have this dreamy look in my eyes and there’s a BIG smile on my face.) I read Sultry with a Twist and Trey was the guy who stole my heart. I couldn’t wait to read his story.

So the moment comes and I FINALLY get to read A Shot of Sultry. After I read the book I...more
Jennifer Zorko
To redeem her career, Bobbie agrees to shot a documentry about rural cowboys falling in love, called "Sex in the Sticks". But when she picks her own small town, nothing prepares her for Trey Lewis, her half-brother's best friend.

Sparks fly between these two from the start. But neither is looking for love and both have commitment issues. things really get interesting when Bobbie's half-brother Luke enlists Trey to keep an eye on Bobbie and keep the hounds at bay.

Both of them have secrets to hide,...more
Book Reading Gals
Title: A Shot of Sultry

Series: Sultry Springs book 2

Author: Macy Beckett

For West Coast filmmaker Bobbi Gallagher, going back to Sultry Springs is a last resort. But with her career in tatters, a quick trip to her hometown might get her the footage she needs to salvage her reputation. She just can’t let anything distract her again. Not even the gorgeous contractor her brother asked to watch over her. As if she...more
Jane
I liked it but holy casual misogyny and condescension. This tainted the whole book for me.

"Lovely.��� At least he didn���t pee on her. ���How did I ever manage to fend off unwanted advances before you came along?���

���Probably by launching into some femi-nazi lecture.���

���I hate that term. Nazi isn���t a word you can just throw around, and it���s completely inappropr������

���Thanks for making my point.��� He took a chug of beer and licked foam off his upper lip. ���More likely you���d sucker-p
Vilia
Review from Backchatting Books

Trey Lewis meets his match in Macy Beckett’s second novel in this series. He is still suffering physically from the fall off a roof in the first novel. While I wouldn’t want to wish anyone (real or imaginary) pain, it adds a little touch of realism that he is just a little bit bitter and having to knock back the aspirin to cope. He is drowning his sorrows in Luke and June’s tavern when a hot-as-hell redhead saunters in. Bobbi Gallagher, Luke’s half-sister, is a film...more
Roz ~ My Written Romance
This review and others can be found at my blog, My Written Romance. Just click here.

It was a good thing that I wasn't drinking anything while I read A Shot of Sultry, because there were plenty of moments throughout this book where I laughed enough to have spat my drink all over my e-reader. This was a fun read.

First things first, Macy Beckett, you do write some hot sexy-times! Trey and Bobbi's chemistry is palpable. Together, they seem to create sparks that you can just about feel through the pa...more
  • Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #1)
  • The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1)
  • Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3)
  • Crazy Thing Called Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Baby (Cowboys & Brides, #2)
  • Tempting Cameron (Lone Pine Lake, #2)
  • Good Girl Gone Plaid (The McLaughlins, #1)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • All Out of Love (Cupid, Texas, #2)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
  • More Than This (The O'Leary's, #1)
  • The Derby Girl (Getting Physical, #2)
  • Seeing Red (Firefighter, #3)
5142014
I write hot and humorous romances set in the fictional towns of Sultry Springs, Texas and Cedar Bayou, Louisiana, where first loves find second chances.

I also write romantic sci-fi for young adults under the name Melissa Landers. Check out ALIENATED, now available from Disney-Hyperion, and the sequel INVADED, coming February 3, 2015.
More about Macy Beckett...
Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1) Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3) Make You Mine (Dumont Bachelors, #1) Make You Blush (Dumont Bachelors, #0.5) Make You Remember (Dumont Bachelors, #2)

“Love's not for pansies. If you don't have the cojones to take what you want, then you don't deserve it.” 4 likes