Her Cyborg Awakes (Diaspora Worlds, #1)

Her Cyborg Awakes (Diaspora Worlds #1)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Books in the Diaspora Worlds Series:
Book 1: Her Cyborg Awakes
Book 2: Alien Blood
(Book 1&2 in Diaspora Worlds Duet)
Book 3: Starwoman's Sanctuary
Book 4: Neon Orchid, Coming March 2014
Book 5: Cirque Du Cyborg, Coming Summer 2014

Sabralia lives a lonely but luxurious life in Emperor Sirn’s Harem, her only companion is her obedient servant, Qy, a cyborg. Her life has...more
Published May 23rd 2012 by Grand Street Publishing (first published February 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Her Cyborg Awakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Cyborg Awakes

Kelly
Her Cyborg Awakes is for people who...

...like their sci-fi steamy and full of naughty times.
...enjoy when a powerful man regains his facilities.
...get a kick out of cyborg-on-lady action!
...love the idea of two people being trapped on a space ship and forced to rely on one another.

Yeeeeaaaah. Sexy sci-fi. There's nothing quite like it. And I must say, I did like this one!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Jess the Romanceaholic
Technically, I don't even know if this is the right book. I got Her Cyborg Awakes from Amazon for free, and I THINK it's a revamped version of this book. *shrugs*

There were a lot of editing and formatting errors in my copy, which disrupted my reading experience, but I know that's often not actually the author's fault -- kindle reformatting is a beach sometimes -- so that didn't really count in my final rating.

I think it was hard for me to respect Sabralia as a heroine, since she used Qy for sex*...more
Crystal
Needs an editor. There were a few...issues...relating to spacing, words similar in spelling substituted (autocorrect victim?) etc.

Beyond that, a nice space tale. The h is a minor wife in a harem, the H her personal "maid", though likely to be moved off soon. She's supposedly relegated to ho status for a party, only the husband is an idiot apparently and there's a coup. The H has been converted to a cyborg and, as she discovers, his lack of a personality is only maintained through drugs. Thus, he...more
Carly
Her Cyborg Awakes is romantic fictions at its best. With over the top science fiction settings, an impossible romance, genetic enhancements gone awry and the added bonus of a royal princess escaping from her villainous captors, who could ask for more?

It is well written with moments of humor, steamy sexual encounters, the bloom of tender love, and a full cast of engaging supporting characters. A novella length story, this is the perfect book to read if you're just looking to spend and hour or two...more
Demelza
This was a fast-paced, fun romp through sci-fi land. The world building was solid without being overly complicated, and I enjoyed Qy and Sabralia. Sometimes Sabralia was a bit too soft for my liking, however I thought it fit the story and she found a suitable mate and will get more feisty.
T00zday
Well written. The plot just didn't snag me.
She is on the run & ignorant of most survival skills.
He's a cyborg waking up from his drug induced cyborg life as her maidservant.

Erotica, but not really.
HEA.
More in the series, but I wont be reading them.
Recommended as filler.
Kim
Different

Different

This is the first cyborg book I've read that the cyborg was more like a robot. It was quite different. Didn't get any real chemistry from this couple but was a decent story.
Misa Buckley
The story is so-so, and I probably would have finished it, had the editing been up to scratch. There are words mashed together or missing altogether. I did try to ignore it, but there were just too many.

DNF
Elisa Bookaholic
I really enjoyed this story. You will find many readily identifiable tropes in here, but you will also find some original ideas, ones that I had fun reading. I'm off to see what else she has available.
Twilla
It was ok. I love sci-fi ~ romance ~ space ~ cyborg or just off planet kind of books and this did take me there.
Caroline
Good story. Plenty of action and liked the characters.
Pippa Jay
For those tired of stereotypical heroines but who still like their males all Alpha (with a sensitive edge), this is for you. Enjoyable, sweet but with full on, passionate bedroom scenes, plus interesting touches of tech for the scifi fans.
See my full review at http://critiquedebook.blogspot.com/20...
Julianna
The main characters were both strong characters that you wanted to succeed. I love the futuristic cyborg theme and the storyline was good. while it was a short book it was interesting and got me hooked into the series now!
Puna
First book by this author for me and liked it enough that I went straight online to get the next in the series.
Melissa
Had a lot of typographical errors but I loved the story. It was a short book but great starter to a series!
Georgiana
3-4 stars for a freebie. This is not sophisticated writing but i liked it for some reason.
Sara
Jun 12, 2012 Sara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: sfr
For a free read I was very happy with this. I am going to look and see if this is a series.
Diane Dooley
Sweet, sexy tale. I found myself charmed by the two main characters.
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Caught in Amber
  • Ghost in the Machine (Corwint Central Agent Files, #1)
  • Greenshift (From the World of Ambasadora)
  • F814 (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #2)
  • Born (B Cubed #1)
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • Keir
  • Heart of Stone
  • Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty, #1)
  • Gracie's Touch (Zion Warriors, Book 1)
  • Captive Surrender
  • The Awakening (Cyberevolution, #1)
  • The Girls From Alcyone (The Girls from Alcyone #1)
  • The Key
  • Hotter on the Edge (Hotter on the Edge #1)
  • Warlord's Bounty (Barbarian Claims, #1)
  • The Abduction
  • Rebels and Lovers (Dock Five Universe, #4)
I write fantasy, futuristic and paranormal sensual romance. In real life I am the married mom of three teen daughters, own too many cats and a cute little dog ( see my profile pic!).
More about Melisse Aires...
Alien Blood (Diaspora Worlds, #2) Single Mom, Vampire Lover Her Accidental Angel Starwoman's Sanctuary (Diaspora Worlds, #3) Harvest Moons (Love on the Space Frontier)