Start by marking “Her Cyborg Awakes (Diaspora Worlds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Cyborg Awakes (Diaspora Worlds, #1)

Her Cyborg Awakes (Diaspora Worlds #1)

Books in the Diaspora Worlds Series:
Book 1: Her Cyborg Awakes
Book 2: Alien Blood
(Book 1&2 in Diaspora Worlds Duet)
Book 3: Starwoman's Sanctuary
Book 4: Neon Orchid, Coming March 2014
Book 5: Cirque Du Cyborg, Coming Summer 2014

Sabralia lives a lonely but luxurious life in Emperor Sirn’s Harem, her only companion is her obedient servant, Qy, a cyborg. Her life has
Published May 23rd 2012 by Grand Street Publishing (first published February 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Her Cyborg Awakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Cyborg Awakes

Christine
Feb 10, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it
Years of wanting her cyborg to be a man, not a cyborg, made her weak. He was a man—more aggressive than she’d ever imagined, but still a man. Real.

Even though I have read this plenty of times I made sure to read it last night to have a fresh perspective.

Sabralia was married off at a young age to Sirn and after the first few years she became insignificant in his life and became isolated. Qy, her cyborg, does everything from styling her hair to giving her orgasms in the bathtub, of course this was
Kelly
Apr 19, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it
Her Cyborg Awakes is for people who...

...like their sci-fi steamy and full of naughty times.
...enjoy when a powerful man regains his facilities.
...get a kick out of cyborg-on-lady action!
...love the idea of two people being trapped on a space ship and forced to rely on one another.

Yeeeeaaaah. Sexy sci-fi. There's nothing quite like it. And I must say, I did like this one!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
T00zday
Well written. The plot just didn't snag me.
She is on the run & ignorant of most survival skills.
He's a cyborg waking up from his drug induced cyborg life as her maidservant.

Erotica, but not really.
HEA.
More in the series, but I wont be reading them.
Recommended as filler.
Coyora Dokusho
May 24, 2014 Coyora Dokusho rated it liked it
Shelves: robolove
Decent! An easy, quick read with some heart! Interesting enough and simple to understand.
Wendy Clark
Oct 30, 2014 Wendy Clark rated it liked it
Shelves: sfr
I'm not 100% sure how to rate this book. I was quite excited to read it because the premise is interesting and I'm writing my own similar robot sfr right now. The first half is probably a 4-4.5 stars for me due to the interesting set-up, but unfortunately the second half drops to 2 for execution.

Our heroine Sabralia is one of the neglected young wives of an evil dictator. Because she never gave him an heir, he has decided to turn her into a sex worker to service his military officers at the next
Lucy
I needed a break from all the dark reads I've been reading lately and this bit 'o fluff was just the ticket!

Sabralia is one of many wives of her king. Because she has borne no children, she has fallen out of favor and spends her time alone but for her cyborg servant Qy. She has taught him to kiss, massage, and bathe her. And he assists her when she seeks a bit more... To chase away her loneliness at night, he spoons nightly in the bed with her.

She has been told he was created from a deceased hu
Crystal
Mar 17, 2013 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: futuristic, ebook
Needs an editor. There were a few...issues...relating to spacing, words similar in spelling substituted (autocorrect victim?) etc.

Beyond that, a nice space tale. The h is a minor wife in a harem, the H her personal "maid", though likely to be moved off soon. She's supposedly relegated to ho status for a party, only the husband is an idiot apparently and there's a coup. The H has been converted to a cyborg and, as she discovers, his lack of a personality is only maintained through drugs. Thus, he
Jess the Romanceaholic
Technically, I don't even know if this is the right book. I got Her Cyborg Awakes from Amazon for free, and I THINK it's a revamped version of this book. *shrugs*

There were a lot of editing and formatting errors in my copy, which disrupted my reading experience, but I know that's often not actually the author's fault -- kindle reformatting is a beach sometimes -- so that didn't really count in my final rating.

I think it was hard for me to respect Sabralia as a heroine, since she used Qy for sex*
Gypsy Madden
May 24, 2016 Gypsy Madden rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful short story! Even though it’s a scifi, it was light on the techno-jargon, which was fine by me and yet still had plenty of futuristic elements in it, like Sabralia’s android, which actually turned out to be a cyborg, space travel, odd planets and stations, and different cultures. I loved that the initial setting for this was a sultan’s palace in what felt like an Arabian culture with the appropriate gauzy veiled clothing. It really set the mood, not to mention made quite a c ...more
Amber
the good: the shortcut the author used to speed up the love story was actually quite clever, I thought. She managed decent characterization for such a short format. I liked the skeleton of the plot.
the meh: the first and biggest was not entirely on the author's shoulders. I can handle a few typos, but when you're missing half a sentence? that's more than a typo. this story deserved a more careful eye, and I can't deny that the typos and errors affected my enjoyment. this might have gotten at le
Cara Bristol
Oct 05, 2015 Cara Bristol rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, 2015
This cyborg sci-fi romance has many positives. First, a well-crafted plot. Things don’t just happen, but arise out of the character’s actions and motivations, which drive the story forward. Second, the world-building. I loved the author’s creativity. There was a enough detail to give a vivid picture of the alien setting, yet not overwhelm or confuse the reader. Third, I found the author’s ideas about how the cyborgs were created to be very interesting and different from the other cyborg stories ...more
Kathleen A
Sep 02, 2015 Kathleen A rated it did not like it
This "book" (I use that term loosely) made me laugh, and I don't mean that in a good way. All I can guess is that the author is a college student taking a creative writing class and this was the result -- with some cut & paste Penthouse forum sex scenes thrown in. It is about as bad as it gets. If you were a kidnapped warrior made into a cyborg slave that spends his time doing a fat girl's hair and beating her off, wouldn't you be a little bitter and resentful when you finally came to your s ...more
Tiblu
May 19, 2015 Tiblu rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it :)

I'm not really sure what to I really,really liked it, I didn't love it, you know how it is I don't feel like bragging about this book but at the same time I honestly don't have any real complaints either....
Well except it could been longer with more depth and world building etc, but like I said I did enjoy it too much to complain...
Sabra and Kal were a lot of fun and I really enjoyed their story,it didn't go quite the way I expected, him going from a cyborg who seemed more
Rachel
Mar 18, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it
I thought this was a cute little novella. When Qy started to get out of his cyborg mindset, I wasn't a huge fan of him. After he started having more conversations with her, he wasn't too bad. However, he was really keen on sex. At least he made it known to her and didn't beat around the bush about it, gotta respect honesty. I didn't really believe he was mad when he found out what his brothers did to Sabra, he just seemed more like "Damnit, now I have to go get her." Overall thought, I thought i ...more
Nan Loyd
Apr 01, 2015 Nan Loyd rated it it was amazing
A fast read that keeps you focused (i.e., you won't be sidetracked into doing something else, smile). The world this author builds is amazing. There are four books, all out, and each book takes on a different character. You meet the heroes in the first book (brothers). The author does have all four stories in one book - buy that one - so you can just go from one to the next without hesitation!

The characters are likable and you root for their victory. The cyborg awakening was pretty interesting -
Carly
Jan 31, 2014 Carly rated it it was amazing
Her Cyborg Awakes is romantic fictions at its best. With over the top science fiction settings, an impossible romance, genetic enhancements gone awry and the added bonus of a royal princess escaping from her villainous captors, who could ask for more?

It is well written with moments of humor, steamy sexual encounters, the bloom of tender love, and a full cast of engaging supporting characters. A novella length story, this is the perfect book to read if you're just looking to spend and hour or two
Michael
Jul 07, 2014 Michael rated it liked it
Although Sci-Fi-Rom books aren't my usual cup of tea, I found Her Cyborg Awakes to be better than most. The story is simple, and it works, with enough meat and bones science fiction to hold up even without the romantic elements. My hat's off to Melisse Aires for both pulling that off, and for being brave enough to refuse to shy away from a level of description that some would consider "graphic" but that I considered "just right." I enjoyed the book, and consider it to have been absolutely worth ...more
Bookgyrl J (Janet)
Nov 27, 2015 Bookgyrl J (Janet) rated it liked it
Very interesting premise: a young queen, trapped in a harem with a personal cyborg. He takes care of her, but is still a robot. For almost 3 years he is her companion day and night. And then there is an attack on the palace and she and her cyborg escape. Because he has been awakened to his former warrior self and knows how to navigate a space ship.

I liked it very much, but it was quite short. I wished there had been more focus on their time together on the ship instead of the time in port. The e
Country Goose
May 15, 2016 Country Goose rated it liked it

This was a miss for me. It was fast paced, and the plot was decent, but the delivery was lacking. I felt no love between H and h. It was jus automatic from his remembering his Cyborg time and her mistress-ness.

The sex was boring, the action was flat. I didn't care for it.
Pippa Jay
For those tired of stereotypical heroines but who still like their males all Alpha (with a sensitive edge), this is for you. Enjoyable, sweet but with full on, passionate bedroom scenes, plus interesting touches of tech for the scifi fans.
See my full review at http://critiquedebook.blogspot.com/20...
Netanella
Well done and recommended for romantic sci-fi, not really space erotica. Much more emphasis on world building and the characters rather than creating a backdrop for sex, which was a very nice change. I really enjoyed getting to know Sabralia and the cyborg, first the blank slate Qy, and then the resurrected warrior Kaistril. I loved their story and felt it was too short.
Kim
Feb 23, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Different

Different

This is the first cyborg book I've read that the cyborg was more like a robot. It was quite different. Didn't get any real chemistry from this couple but was a decent story.
Demelza
Aug 09, 2014 Demelza rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This was a fast-paced, fun romp through sci-fi land. The world building was solid without being overly complicated, and I enjoyed Qy and Sabralia. Sometimes Sabralia was a bit too soft for my liking, however I thought it fit the story and she found a suitable mate and will get more feisty.
Jacqueline
Decent enough short sci fi story. It was short and sweet. It had decent enough bones but I think I would have enjoyed it more had the author developed it into a full length novel. Gotta say though that not sure you can get dreds overnight. My nephew seemed to work on his for ages.
Misa Buckley
Jun 26, 2014 Misa Buckley rated it did not like it
Shelves: ditched
The story is so-so, and I probably would have finished it, had the editing been up to scratch. There are words mashed together or missing altogether. I did try to ignore it, but there were just too many.

DNF
Colleen Johnson
Mar 15, 2016 Colleen Johnson rated it it was amazing
Great Attention Keeper!

I enjoy stories about cyborgs and this one did not disappoint me! Great fantasy to lose yourself in! Once I began reading I really couldn't stop until the end, a very rare occur acne for me. Romance, intrigue, military, harem and more awaits you!
Carrie Felton
Sep 20, 2014 Carrie Felton rated it really liked it
Interesting Premise, great follow through

learning about kaistrel is interesting but the growth of sabra really moves the story. as their relationship depends, we really get to expire their personalities.
Brutally Honest
Hmm. A pretty interesting little filler story, really. I enjoyed it for what it was. The heroine had backbone! The hero's transition from "I'm a super bachelor" to "I want to marry her" made no sense though, it just happened overnight. Two sex scenes with some edging beforehand. :3
Julianna
Aug 01, 2012 Julianna rated it really liked it
The main characters were both strong characters that you wanted to succeed. I love the futuristic cyborg theme and the storyline was good. while it was a short book it was interesting and got me hooked into the series now!
Elisa Bookaholic
I really enjoyed this story. You will find many readily identifiable tropes in here, but you will also find some original ideas, ones that I had fun reading. I'm off to see what else she has available.
  • The Iron Admiral: Conspiracy (Ptorix Empire, #1)
  • When Dark Falls
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • Celestial Seduction (1Night Stand, #17)
  • Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • My Name Is A'yen (A'yen's Legacy #1)
  • F814 (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #2)
  • Unacceptable Risk
  • Queen of Starlight (Sheerspace, #1)
  • Ghost in the Machine (Corwint Central Agent Files, #1)
  • Even Villains Fall In Love (Heroes and Villains, #1)
  • Jaq's Harp (Future Tales, #1)
  • Caught in Amber
  • Heart of Stone
  • The Key (Project Enterprise, #1)
  • Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty, #1)
  • Greenshift (From the World of Ambasadora)
  • Beneath a Trojan Moon (The Phoenix Adventures, #4)
I write fantasy, futuristic and paranormal sensual romance. In real life I am the married mom of three teen daughters, own too many cats and a cute little dog ( see my profile pic!).
More about Melisse Aires...

Diaspora Worlds (4 books)
  • Alien Blood (Diaspora Worlds, #2)
  • Starwoman's Sanctuary (Diaspora Worlds, #3)
  • Escaping Poison (Diaspora Worlds, #4)