Start by marking “Detoxify or Die” as Want to Read:
Detoxify or Die

Detoxify or Die

We are all a toxic cesspool of the lifetime accumulation of chemicals from our air, food, and water. U.S. EPA studies of chemicals stored in the fat of humans show that 100% of people had dioxins, PCBs, dichlorobenzene, and xylene while another analysis of the exhaled breath of humans showed carcinogenic benzene in 89% and perchloroethylene in 93%. And these chemicals are ...more
Published December 1st 2002 by Prestige Pubs

To ask other readers questions about Detoxify or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Detoxify or Die

Jodi
Sep 20, 2014 Jodi rated it it was amazing
For anyone dealing with a serious illness, or that wants to avoid a serious illness, the books by Dr Sherry Rogers are absolutely essential reading.

Her books explain in a very easy to understand manner how to deal with the causes of disease using cutting edge medical knowledge, technology and testing, and not just how to mask symptoms with drugs and other superficial treatments (which lead to worsening problems in other areas of health).

As Dr Sherry Rogers writes in `Detoxify or Die',

`I have
Brent Cope
Jul 30, 2012 Brent Cope rated it it was amazing
Sherry Rogers really gives you all the tools and knowledge you need in order to fully cleanse and detoxify your body. She demonstrates how a myriad of modern diseases, from arthritis to IBS to cancer to ADD to allergies are much more a consequence of a lethal build of up toxins acquired throughout our lives.

Plastics, chemicals, exhaust, pollution, drugs, preservatives all bioaccumulate over the decades, and while they may not be toxic individually they are never eliminated from the body unless v
John Macgregor
Jun 19, 2013 John Macgregor rated it really liked it
Terrifying. If only ten percent of this book is true, we have committed ourselves to a system of commerce and government that does not work.

Worth buying just to protect (and detox) yourself.

Could have done with a good editor. But the content (if not the style) are of great importance, and have seldom been dealt with so well.
Erika
Jul 08, 2015 Erika rated it really liked it
Warning: this book will make you extremely fearful of the BIG BAD WORLD!

I would recommend this book to everyone! Why? Because disease is a part of life; and ignorance is dangerous if not deadly.

My only problem with this book is that it’s a little over-the-top. Just take it for what it is, and use the knowledge to promote your own individual health (family & friends included).
Denise Messenger
Jul 03, 2012 Denise Messenger rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The information is really good and not easily found otherwise. An eye opener to anyone concerned about their health.
Barron
Nov 11, 2014 Barron rated it it was amazing
Best book i have read on the subject - fascinating!
Mischa Van Loder
Jan 24, 2015 Mischa Van Loder rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Fantastic read. However, I can't agree with a lot of what is documented in Sherry Roger's book, Detoxify of Die. The theory of 'detoxing' our bodies' is just too simplistic. Surely, clearing the organs is only one element of the healing process? And not the main one.

This book was written in 2002! Recent research paints Professor Marin Pall and Dr Grace Ziem's theories as the most scientifically proven and most recently peer reviewed treatment for Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS). Popular phys
Jonette
Feb 19, 2010 Jonette rated it really liked it
This is not a light little read, it's a study of the common toxins modern man has contaminated our planet with and the results of that contamination. We can't avoid these toxins and we are seeing the results....the explosion of autoimmune diseases, autism, alzheimers, cancer. Dr. Sherry Rogers MD gives direction on things you are do to combat the effects of these toxins on the human body as well as an excellent resource guide. Whether you have a chronic disease or want to avoid one, this is an e ...more
Teresa Holler
Oct 29, 2008 Teresa Holler rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to be healthy!
Recommended to Teresa by: a Holistic Moms Network member
This is a great book to learn what to do to lower the toxic load in your body by detoxifying. Very practical information with excellent resources.

Although it is a MUST read for detoxification strategies, I would read another book to determine how to limit the intake of chemicals (such as "Holler for Your Health") because this book just tells you they are everywhere and focuses more on the importance on detoxifying.

Definately a must read to be healthy in today's toxic world!

Enjoy
Lynda
Oct 20, 2014 Lynda rated it liked it
This book took me a long time to read. I actually put it away for several months. I am doing several things it suggests, but do not know if I will take the "leap" to fully embrace this philosophy. Maybe someday.
Anthony_thai14yahoo.ca
Dec 29, 2013 Anthony_thai14yahoo.ca rated it it was amazing
a must read if you are into health and nutrition. eye opening/irrefutable facts presented by shelly rogers makes this book one of the most important books i've read
Matt
Mar 24, 2010 Matt rated it it was amazing
pretty interesting perspective from an MD about the biochemical / toxicity nature of the disease process. I don't know whether it's quackery or true... but she gives a $h!tload of references.
Amelie Renee
Amelie Renee rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2014
Trisha
Trisha rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2013
Guyatri Kerr
Guyatri Kerr rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2015
Clark Mollenhoff
Clark Mollenhoff rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Cindy Paiva
Cindy Paiva rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2015
Robj
Robj rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2014
Kj
Kj rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Angie
Angie rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2008
Aprile Penhall
Aprile Penhall rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
Kella
Kella rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2012
Audrey Cole
Audrey Cole rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2007
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2011
Marilyn Gonzalez
Marilyn Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Vern LaRue
Vern LaRue rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Susan Burke
Everyone should read and share this book, and all of Sherry Rogers books!
Jim Lee
Jim Lee rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Fluoride Deception
  • Life Without Bread: How a Low-Carbohydrate Diet Can Save Your Life
  • Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills
  • Political Ponerology
  • The Better Brain Book
  • The Polyvagal Theory: Neurophysiological Foundations of Emotions, Attachment, Communication, and Self-regulation
  • Digestive Wellness: How to Strengthen the Immune System and Prevent Disease Through Healthy Digestion
  • Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a Longer Life
  • Perfect Health Diet: Regain Health and Lose Weight by Eating the Way You Were Meant to Eat
  • Minding My Mitochondria: How I Overcame Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Got Out of My Wheelchair
  • Iodine : Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It
  • TOX-SICK: From Toxic to Not Sick
  • The School of Natural Healing: The Reference Volume on Natural Herbs for the Teacher, Student or Herbal Practitioner
  • The Untold Story of Milk: Green Pastures, Contented Cows and Raw Dairy Products
  • Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition
  • Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food
  • Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet
  • Zapped: Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn't Be Your Alarm Clock and 1,268 Ways to Outsmart the Hazards of Electronic Pollution

“Bear in mind that since medications do not fix anything, they allow the underlying problem to continue uncorrected and actually accelerate. Meanwhile, new symptoms and new seemingly unrelated diseases are the inevitable consequence of this biochemical faux pas. Furthermore, drug side effects are the leading cause of death. NSAIDs as an example of only one group of medications, are fatally toxic to thousands of people each year by damaging joints, lungs, kidneys, eyes, hearts, and intestines. And they are covered by insurance.

You and your doctor have been screwed into believing every symptom is a deficiency of some drug or surgery. You've been led to believe you have no control, when in truth you're the one who must take control. Unfortunately, the modus operandi in medicine is to find a drug to turn off the damaged part that is producing symptoms.”
8 likes
“I have to laugh when people ask me if I do alternative, herbal, acupuncture or holistic medicine. 'No,' I reply. 'We do state-of-the-art medicine. In other words, we find the biochemical, nutritional and environmental causes and cures rather than blindly drugging everything. Sure, herbs are gentler, safer and more physiologic than drugs and holistic medicine attempts to incorporate many diverse modalities, etc. But there is no substitute for finding the underlying biochemical causes and cures. This is real medicine. This is where medicine should and would have been decades ago, if it had not been abducted by the pharmaceutical industry.” 5 likes