Start by marking “Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!: and Other Palindromes” as Want to Read:
Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!: and Other Palindromes

Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!: and Other Palindromes

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  11 reviews
What do Adam, Napoleon, and Agee have in common? Their bond is the palindrome, that peculiar marvel of language when words or sentences read the same forward and backward. But Adam (Madam, I'm Adam) and Napoleon (Able was I ere I saw Elba) are credited with only one palindrome apiece. Jon Agee has come up with a whole bookful!
Each of the more than sixty palindromes is acco
Published April 1st 1994 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!

Melki
Most of these are quite clever, though many wouldn't make much sense without the accompanying cartoon.

Did you know that YELL ALLEY is right next to YAWN WAY?
Mary Ann
If you like word puzzles, you'll love Agee's collection of palindromes - words and sentences that read the same forwards as backwards. Just try it with the title - go on, I'll wait. Now try these easier palindromes: "Star rats." "Wonton? Not now." With each, Agee pairs a simple, comical drawing that amplifies the humor perfectly. Plenty of white space gives young readers the time and ability to figure out these puzzles. Perfect for making flexible thinkers who have fun with words!

I also love, lo
Usama Qadri
I just finished reading this book forwards, and now i'll be reading it backwards
Peter Berg
meaty ochre
Dolly
Sep 05, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: older children and parents reading with them
This is an entertaining collection of palindromes, some of which are quite long and humorous. The illustrations are cartoonish and complement the palindromes nicely.

Our girls loved reading these aloud and we will certainly look for more books like this at our local library.

Stephen
I stink at writing palindromes of more than three letters but admire those who can. This short book deserves five stars because it is literally amazing someone can cook these up.
Sam
How can society not love palindromes? I will never understand.
Angela
Holy baloney! The last time I read or remembered this book was in about 4th grade. It was apparently quite effective, because any time I think of palindromes, the title of this book always comes to mind!

Like I said, it's been something like 15 years since I've read this, but my fourth grade self LOVED it.
Bahjah
This book is about palindromes which makes it interesting.It is also very funny. e.g: Go Hang A Salami I'm A Lasagne Hog
Shannon
Is it possible for a book to be cute and yet completely boring at the same time? If so then this is the book.
Bill Sweet
I, madam, I made radio! So I dared! Am I mad? Am I?
Sam Kyle
Sam Kyle marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Nenia Campbell
Nenia Campbell marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Matt Kemberling
Matt Kemberling marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Cellar Door
Cellar Door marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Michael Hickman
Michael Hickman marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Little Santa My Rhinoceros Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road? Milo's Hat Trick Terrific