Start by marking “Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!: and Other Palindromes” as Want to Read:
Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!: and Other Palindromes

Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!: and Other Palindromes

What do Adam, Napoleon, and Agee have in common? Their bond is the palindrome, that peculiar marvel of language when words or sentences read the same forward and backward. But Adam (Madam, I'm Adam) and Napoleon (Able was I ere I saw Elba) are credited with only one palindrome apiece. Jon Agee has come up with a whole bookful!
Each of the more than sixty palindromes is acco
Published April 1st 1994 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!

Melki
Jan 25, 2014 Melki rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, wordplay
Most of these are quite clever, though many wouldn't make much sense without the accompanying cartoon.

Did you know that YELL ALLEY is right next to YAWN WAY?
Mary Ann
If you like word puzzles, you'll love Agee's collection of palindromes - words and sentences that read the same forwards as backwards. Just try it with the title - go on, I'll wait. Now try these easier palindromes: "Star rats." "Wonton? Not now." With each, Agee pairs a simple, comical drawing that amplifies the humor perfectly. Plenty of white space gives young readers the time and ability to figure out these puzzles. Perfect for making flexible thinkers who have fun with words!

I also love, lo
Usama Qadri
Aug 31, 2014 Usama Qadri rated it really liked it
I just finished reading this book forwards, and now i'll be reading it backwards
Peter Daniel Berg
Jul 23, 2013 Peter Daniel Berg rated it it was ok
meaty ochre
Sherry
May 20, 2017 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is fun. The ridiculous (that's a compliment) palindromes are illustrated with cartoons that make sense of them. My favorite may be "llama mall." Or maybe "Yer Duane 'n' Audrey?"
Angela
Jun 20, 2008 Angela rated it it was amazing
Holy baloney! The last time I read or remembered this book was in about 4th grade. It was apparently quite effective, because any time I think of palindromes, the title of this book always comes to mind!

Like I said, it's been something like 15 years since I've read this, but my fourth grade self LOVED it.
Dolly
Sep 03, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: older children and parents reading with them
This is an entertaining collection of palindromes, some of which are quite long and humorous. The illustrations are cartoonish and complement the palindromes nicely.

Our girls loved reading these aloud and we will certainly look for more books like this at our local library.

Bill Sweet
Apr 07, 2013 Bill Sweet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
I, madam, I made radio! So I dared! Am I mad? Am I?
Karol
May 29, 2016 Karol rated it liked it
Palindromes- HaHa
I get it.
Stephen
Dec 17, 2014 Stephen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
I stink at writing palindromes of more than three letters but admire those who can. This short book deserves five stars because it is literally amazing someone can cook these up.
Bahjah
Mar 29, 2008 Bahjah rated it it was amazing
This book is about palindromes which makes it interesting.It is also very funny. e.g: Go Hang A Salami I'm A Lasagne Hog
Shannon
Is it possible for a book to be cute and yet completely boring at the same time? If so then this is the book.
Sam
Jun 19, 2014 Sam rated it it was amazing
How can society not love palindromes? I will never understand.
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2008
BunnyDumpling
BunnyDumpling rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2017
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Dave
Dave rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2007
Colton
Colton rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2017
Avril
Avril rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
Cameron
Cameron rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2008
Elena
Elena rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Lisa S
Lisa S rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
Kenneth Finton
Kenneth Finton rated it liked it
May 13, 2016
Guy Harper
Guy Harper rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2016
Andy
Andy rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2009
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Handan
Handan rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2013
Chrys Ennis
Chrys Ennis rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016