Start by marking “Secret Love” as Want to Read:
Secret Love

Secret Love (Madaris Family & Friends #8)

Actress Diamond Swain has achieved stunning success in Hollywood through talent and sheer determination, until the relentless pressures of celebrity begin to take a toll on her. What she needs is a peaceful place to hide out from the news-hungry press...a place like Whispering Pines. And yet from the moment she arrives at the remote Texas ranch, Diamond finds herself at od ...more
Published January 1st 2000 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Secret Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Love

Shawnette
Oct 08, 2016 Shawnette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
IMHO this is what romance readers seek when they select a romance novel. I was thoroughly CAUGHT UP in Jacob and Diamond's whirlwind romance! I heard so much about them in the other novels I read in the Madaris family and friends series it was great to FINALLY witness their love from beginning to end. Simply Beautiful!
Chelsea
Sep 21, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Jake Madaris the ultimate cowboy.... Rounded up Ms. Diamond! Lovely, lovely story! Who wouldn't want to have too much love in their relationship! I love how these two individuals didn't want to fall in love and did anyway on the beautiful Whispering Pines ranch. Great Read! True Love is next in line!
Bridget
This is one of my favorite books by Brenda Jackson! When I read this book it felt as if I could smell the bluebonnets of the page and could visually see his ranch. I loved how descriptive this book was of Jacob and Diamond's feelings as well as the land. I could picture the story as I read it. I could read this over and over.
Sheila Jackson
Jun 30, 2009 Sheila Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just started reading Brenda Jackson's books and I have fallen in love with them. I really enjoyed Secret Love. I love the way that she protrays blacks in her books, with the characters (Jake Madaris and Diamond Swain). I believe that "Secret Love" shows that real love can prevail over any situation. LOVE IT!
Karen
Aug 10, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Another excellent love story in the Madaris series. It's amazing how true love wins out over troubled times always. Jake Madaris is a man after my own heart that will stop at nothing, not threats against his own life to protect his true love Diamond Swain Madaris. This is a must read! Brenda Jackson has outdone herself again. I can't wait to read the remaining installments in this series!
Shannon
Mar 26, 2011 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second time reading this one. Jacob and Diamond
Jeanette Brown
Dec 05, 2012 Jeanette Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Pamela
Sep 17, 2010 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-reads
One of my co-workers let me borrow this book...it was so good. And, actually, I had to buy her another one because I carried it around so much, the cover got torn off...lol!
Sharifah Natasha
Celeste
Dec 30, 2014 Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't leave me, don't ever go away

I am reminded of song lyrics when I read Jacob and Diamond's story. Secret Love is the perfect title, but Enchanted Love would be second best. The traditional wedding vows come to mind, love, honor, protect. The key being love. Jacob loved Diamond, and Diamond loved Jacob. It was not just in word but in deed. How does it go, no greater love, than laying your life down. Well, in their own ways that is what Jacob and Diamond were willing to do. I am constantly rem
Connie
Loved it! Jacob Madaris is the wealthy owner of Whispering Pines Ranch. Imagine his surprise when his friend, Sterling, asks if the famous movie star, Diamond Swain, can rest/hide there for three weeks. Jacob wants so badly to say no, but once he gazes into Diamond's beautiful eyes, Jacob finds it impossible to say no! Great story!
Arnissa Burnett
May 31, 2016 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read page for page. A great love story filled with emotions, love, a few scary moments, and humorous. Love will survive through the tough times. It was definitely a book I couldn't put down. This series keeps getting better.
Dorel
May 23, 2014 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This 8th book's story line is very sweet & loving. Some parts of this story surprised me. I felt sorry for Diamond. I loved how Diamond stood up for herself. I loved Jake's character. I loved the updates about the previous characters. I loved the ending.
Carolyn King
May 30, 2016 Carolyn King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Favorite Madaris Couple

I never get tired of reading this book. I have the paperback but I had to get the kindle version. I love Jacob Madaris and Diamond Swain as a couple.
Linda
Nov 04, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story of love
Brandi
May 03, 2011 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as good as reading the first time.
Brenda Hillmon
Oct 23, 2014 Brenda Hillmon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books in my age range over 40
Linda
Mar 20, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent love stoy

I loved this story which caused me to give it a high rating. The plot and flow of the book kept me captivated. Totally recommend it to love story hounds.
Roz Garner-johnson
Roz Garner-johnson rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Ade Oluyemisi
Ade Oluyemisi rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2010
Krystie
Krystie rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Rochelle Mitchell
Rochelle Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2012
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2013
Doris Lawrence
Doris Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Senovia
Senovia rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
ChiomaCReads
ChiomaCReads rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2012
Michelle Richardson
Michelle Richardson rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2013
CASSANDRA
CASSANDRA rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2016
Temptingat40
Temptingat40 rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2009
  • Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5)
  • Bittersweet Love
  • Jewel
  • I Promise
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • Cupid's Bow (Madaris Family & Friends, #1.5)
  • Whispered Promises