Start by marking “The Exonerated” as Want to Read:
The Exonerated

The Exonerated

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  10 reviews
What effect does it have on a person--a soul, a life--to have freedom and self-respect stripped away and then, ostensibly, returned years later after decades of incarceration? The Exonerated attempts to answer this question through the words of six innocent men and women who, after years in jail, emerged from death row to try to reclaim what was left of their lives.

Among t
Published December 15th 2003 by Faber & Faber

To ask other readers questions about The Exonerated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exonerated

Glynn Allen
I was cast in this show while attending the University of Southern Indiana. I was cast as the character; David. The young man that was convicted at the age 18. This is a very powerful play that share the lives of six people that was wrongly accussed. I recommend reading and going to see this show.
Telling the story of these people was very difficult; because I became one with this character and all the emotions erupted from me. I never knew I could cry on spot; I wanted the audience to feel this
Kate Dee
A fantastic play. It shocked and touched me and made me realise how lucky I am to live in a country where death penalty is not an option and how important it is to do everything in my power to make sure it stays that way.
Gabrielle
The more testimonial plays I read, the less I like them. I think there's a reason drama was developed in the history of civilization. If there wasn't a demand for it, we would all watch Court TV and go exclusively to trials for our entertainment.
Gabrielle
Play #2 of the 1-per-week marathon. It has some good monologues, but I didn't like it overall. It is about the prison system and the likelihood of minorities being convicted wrongly.
Tricia McKean
I read this in my political theater class and then I drove all the way up to Logan in one of the worst snow storms I'd ever experienced to see it performed. Worth it.
Shannon
Beautiful, you must read Living Justice though right afterwards, it is the book about the writing of the play.
Lewis Weinstein
Powerful stories; I saw the play in NYC. This was also research for my novel A GOOD CONVICTION.
Crystal
Quick read, thoroughly enjoyed this play.
Jeffrey
Not bad for a homework assignment.
Taylor
Oct 19, 2009 Taylor rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: absolutely everyone
Recommended to Taylor by: Drama Teacher
Emotional.
Tiara Peeples
Tiara Peeples marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Kayla Miller
Kayla Miller is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2014
Christina Mattingly
Christina Mattingly marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Lenka
Lenka marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
  • Beautiful Thing Drama Version
  • The New Asian Hemisphere: The Irresistible Shift of Global Power to the East
  • Intimate Relationships
  • Water by the Spoonful
  • Prophets of the Dark Side (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #6)
Almost Home Karma for Beginners Living Justice: Love, Freedom, and the Making of The Exonerated Angeli di Strada Aftermath