Start by marking “The Shoe: Best Foot Forward. Tamsin Blanchard” as Want to Read:
The Shoe: Best Foot Forward. Tamsin Blanchard

The Shoe: Best Foot Forward. Tamsin Blanchard

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  5 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
From the erotic pull of the killer high heel to the trendiest trainer, 'The Shoe' will take you on a fast-track tour through the fashions of footwear. Each chapter takes a close look at the shoes we actually wear, and the people who buy them.
Published April 1st 2012 by Carlton Publishing Group (first published October 28th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Shoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shoe

Am Y
Jul 10, 2015 Am Y rated it liked it
As the other reviewers have said, I too found errors with the editing. I remember two words being lumped into one for example (they forgot the spacing between the words).

That aside, I did like how the book had a compendium of notable shoe designers and their works. I also liked the organisation - you get shoes classified according to style and/or function, and how they were first conceived in the fashion world.
Angeli
Jun 13, 2015 Angeli rated it liked it
I think this book did a decent research but sucked with the editing. It feels like it's been written as a college research paper. There are some errors in selected pages like the one that said Imelda had 160,000 pairs of shoes but in another paragraph, it said 1,600 pairs of shoes. So... yep, could use some more work.
Prianca
Jan 19, 2013 Prianca rated it liked it
It's a good bedside read...nothing extraordinary though!
Alex
Feb 29, 2016 Alex rated it really liked it
It was good.
gómez
gómez rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2014
Anette
Anette marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013