Killing Cassidy (Dorothy Martin, #6)

Killing Cassidy (Dorothy Martin #6)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Now that Dorothy Martin has proved to the good folk of Sherebury, England, that she's more than adept at sleuthing, what might be more natural than for her to bring her skills back home to the United States?Dorothy returns to Hillsburg, Indiana, to claim a small inheritance and a large problem. Kevin Cassidy has left her some money and a letter suggesting that if he dies,...more
Published November 1st 2000 by Walker & Company

Rebecca Douglass
Summary: This is book 6 in the Dorothy Martin mystery series, and sees Dorothy returning to her old home in Hillsburg, Indiana, with her new husband (retired police chief Alan Nesbitt). The occasion is the death of an old friend, and Dorothy and Alan are shocked to find he has left a letter indicating that if he is dead, someone has murdered him. He doesn't know who, doesn't know why, but knows that someone has been trying to kill him, and would she please find out who. Naturally, they do.

Review...more
Bonnie
Jeanne Dams has completed another murder mystery in her Dorothy Martin series and it is a good one. She is settling into her four-hundred-year-old home in Sherebury, England and her husband has retired from the police force when she receives a letter from an old friend in her former home of South Bend, Indiana asking for her assistance in solving a threat on his life. The problem is that he is dead and his will provided funds for her to travel to South Bend and solve his murder. So, Dorothy and...more
Lori McD
2.5-3 stars

I truly enjoyed having husband Alan Nesbitt along for this mystery. He and Dorothy are very good together, and they play well off of one another. And I enjoyed that the story setting took place back in Dorothy's hometown -- she was able to put a few of the last ghosts of Frank to rest, including his lab at the University and the home Frank & Dorothy shared.

The premise is good: an old professor friend, Kevin Cassidy, dies of pneumonia. Along with notification of his death, Dorothy...more
Anne Hawn Smith
Jeanne Dams books are always good. She has good characters and the plot is always interesting. None of them take too long to read and there isn't usually much gore either.

This book takes place in the town she grew up in and involves people that she and her first husband knew at the college where he was a professor. Dorothy and her British Inspector husband have come to Indiana when she receives a letter from the estate of an old friend from the college. He was a professor and microbiologist in...more
Alice
back in America

Change is constant

Alan is very supportive
Judith
A change of location - Dorothy is back in her home town with husband Alan Nesbitt and of course, murder presents itself! She has become my new favourite murder solver!
Addie Martinez
Sep 18, 2011 Addie Martinez added it Recommends it for: to older folks and young of course
Recommended to Addie by: on her list
Another adventuress book that kept me on the edge of my seat. Got some history there too. I just love the child in Dorothy and Alan. They are not ashamed to express their feelings on being a kid again. So young at heart those two are. So much love and respect between them. Looks like Dorothy has a new homeland.
Carrie
This was cute. Dorothy returns to her hometown of Hillsdale Indiana after having lived in England for three years. I like how the author portrayed the culture shock she felt, and her confusion about what it meant to be 'home'. And of course there was the attendant mystery as well.
Sherri Russell
It has been awhile since I read a book in this series - I forgot how much I enjoyed Dorothy Martin. A very nice read - characters and situations that one can believe. I have already placed a few more of the series books on-hold at the library.
Tacey
This story pulled me in quicker than the others in this series as it takes place in Indiana, one state away from where I grew up. I live in a different state now and know just how Dorothy felt going "home" and no longer belonging.
Sheri
Killing Cassidy: A Dorothy Martin Mystery (Jeanna M. Dams)

A perfect who-dun-it Agatha Christy Style. A great all night read.
Kept me guessing until the end. Great read for mystery lovers.
Jeanette
This was a good read. I enjoyed reading as Dorothy finds the truth about her friend. She is a great book character, and I will keep reading the series.
Leslie
More than a 2 but less than a 3, Dams' Dorothy Martin revisits her hometown in the US and solves a mystery along the way.
Linda
Great mystery. Love the fact that the hero is in her 60s; lots of fun.
Elizabeth
Slow pacing makes for a leisurely read.
Jane
I loved this series...
Novel Frostii
Novel Frostii marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Camille Dee
Camille Dee is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2014
Nancy
Nancy added it
Feb 02, 2014
Jeanne M. Dams lives in South Bend, Indiana. The Body in the Transept, which introduced Dorothy Martin, won the Agatha Award for Best First Novel. Dams is also the author of Green Grow the Victims and other Hilda Johansson mysteries published by Walker & Company.
More about Jeanne M. Dams...
The Body In The Transept (Dorothy Martin, #1) Trouble In The Town Hall (Dorothy Martin, #2) Holy Terror In The Hebrides (Dorothy Martin, #3) Malice In Miniature (Dorothy Martin, #4) The Victim In Victoria Station (Dorothy Martin, #5)