His Favorite Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #3)

His Favorite Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  620 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Vivacious Gabriella St. George is penniless yet proud. Thanks to the benevolence of a generous relative, she gets a chance for a new life in London, never dreaming that it will entangle her in a sensual battle of wills with an irresistible rogue who doesn’t believe in love. With one scorching caress, Anthony Black invites Gabriella to share his bed. But she wants his heart...more
Published December 26th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published 2007)

Beanbag Love
I enjoyed this book over the other two in Tracy Anne Warren's "Mistress" series. There was TAW's typical segment of discord but, although it got old by the end, it didn't feel completely inorganic to me as others have. For one thing, the typically sweet heroine didn't become a raving shrew to the hero. That's something that Warren sometimes does to keep the discord going when there's obviously no reason for it to continue, and it works a lot better when the insults don't fly.

The heroine, Gabriel...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
I didn't like this one as much as the previous 2. And, no, it's not because of the age difference (He is 35 and she is 17). I really liked Tony and Gabriella characters but the story just didn't work for me.
Christine
I enjoyed the first two novels in this series, but this one didn't work for me at all. Right off the bat, I was turned off by the 17-year-old heroine and 30-something-year-old hero. (I missed his exact age and don't really care, it's gross whatever the digit after the 3_ is. :=) )

Going forward, though, this turned out to be yet another story that was completely about a man's refusal to say three little words, which I find tedious. Don't get me wrong -- it's fine to take some time to say those w...more
LaFleurBleue
When I realized the heroine was 17 and the hero (I cannot exactly remember and felt too lazy to check in the previous books) somewhere around 35, I was worried. Then I realized the heroine was to boot the illegitimate daughter of a former villain and an actress and I wondered how she could fit with a Duke.
In TAW's world, social acceptance of imperfect lineage, and a few other behaviors (view spoiler)...more
Tanja
Shamefully addictive. So predictable and formulaic, but satisfying none the less. Doesn't everyone like to see a bad boy gone good and a feisty lady get her happy ending. At least the heroine's no simpering little darlin', and the characters are well defined. There is a plot. Yay.
Marg
Don't really like very young heroines and this one was.

Loved the nod she gave to the Trap trilogy in one of the last scenes of the book. Very subtle and clever and you would really only notice it if you had read the previous trilogy.
Maureen Feeney
I enjoyed this book but I think they could have made her slightly older maybe 20 or more.Had a bit of a problem with her being only 17.Overall it didnt take away from my enjoyment of the book.
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Carrie Olguin
Cecy
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Gabriella and Tony met under most unconventional circumstances; she held a gun on him in his friend Rafe's library. After finding out that she really had no reason to hate Rafe (her uncle), she was enveloped in the bosom of her newfound family. After meeting, she nor Tony can get the other out of their heads, and sneak more and more time together. When they marry, she is in love with him and hopes he feels the same, but she overhears a conversation where Tony says he doesn't love her and their m...more
Lori Kurochkina
The age difference of the characters did not bother me at all! (Now had it been 17 and a 65 yr old that would have been different.) The story was good, but I didn't like how it seemed to fast forward so often.... Like each chapter would start out with, "Three weeks later..." Because I felt I just missed out on three weeks worth of their 'falling in love' story. Other than that, I enjoyed the book :)
Jody Ellis - pownall
Enjoyed this series from such a great author.
Ordure
I liked the characters well enough, but they were somewhat inconsistent. The plot ran a little thin & contrived. The racy bits were decent, as usual for Warren's work, but this novel just didn't pull together as well as hers usually do. Found myself saying, "Oh, come on, really!?" way too often to actually get lost in the book. Still, an entertaining read for a beach day.
Tdaly01
Tony loved his bachelorhood and believed that he would never give it up for anyone until he meets Gabriella. And without even knowing it he finds himself in love with her and having to fight for trust. Once again Tracy Anne Warren book leaves me wanting to read her next book.
Sarah Dane
It's worth reading -- I like the story and the characters but it left me asking how old Tony was. Marrying at a young age ( in case of Gabriella ,17, ) is normal during her time but still --- I'm curious ----

Melanie
Like the previous book, I thought it was an average romance novel. Interesting characters, although there were occasional eye rolls from me during some of the "inner conflict moments" of the characters.
Danette Steward
This was entertaining. My first by this author. Definitely steamy and hot. I didn't quite get the title of this book....didn't make any sense. This is part of a the Mistress Trilogy though.
Janet
Jan 21, 2013 Janet added it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Ashley
Interesting end to the series, but not really all that adventurous or outstanding. A good calm weekend read!
Connie
This one was my favorite in the series. If you have read the trap series pay attention at the end.
Erin
Eh, not as good as the first two, but a fun read nonetheless.
Bekah
I liked this one much better than the rest.
Samantha
Wonderful! Just as good as the first two!
Ririn
Dari semua serinya ini paling kusuka>
Christy English
this one is a lot of fun
Tina Griffith
Love it !!
Jacque
Jacque added it
Jul 28, 2014
  • To Bed a Beauty (Courtship Wars #2)
  • Scandalous
  • Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)
  • A Dangerous Beauty (Widows Club, #1)
  • The Secret To Seduction (Holt Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • Undone
  • Never Dare a Duke (Sons of Scandal, #2)
  • A Perfect Bride (Sterling Trilogy, #1)
  • The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)
  • Only a Duke Will Do (School for Heiresses, #2)
  • What a Woman Needs
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • Her Every Pleasure (Spice Trilogy #3)
  • The Hazards of Hunting a Duke (Desperate Debutantes, #1)
  • Three Nights...
  • Tempt Me (Langley Family Trilogy, #2)
Tracy Anne Warren is the New York Times bestselling author of ten Regency historical romance novels, including At The Duke’s Pleasure and The Husband Trap. Her books have appeared on the USA Today Bestsellers’ list and the Borders’ Group List of Bestselling Single Title Romance Paperbacks. She has won numerous writing awards, including Romance Writers’ of America’s prestigious RITA® Award, the Nat...more
More about Tracy Anne Warren...
The Husband Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #1) Seduced By His Touch (The Byrons of Braebourne, #2) Tempted by His Kiss (The Byrons of Braebourne, #1) Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4) The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)

“Might I require protection, Wyvern?"

"Not at the moment, no, but if you do acquire another pistol, I could always be persuaded to disarm you again.”
0 likes