Start by marking “A Matter of Honor” as Want to Read:
A Matter of Honor

A Matter of Honor (Stargate SG-1 #3)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  216 ratings  ·  18 reviews
On a quest to bring colleagues home, O'Neill must face his past.
Mass Market Paperback, 236 pages
Published February 8th 2007 by Fandemonium Books

To ask other readers questions about A Matter of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Matter of Honor

Hanna
One of my favorite aspects of media tie-in novels is the ability to revisit a television show’s episodes that might have had a less-than-satisfactory ending. A MATTER OF HONOR brings us back to one of the earliest SG-1 episodes, “A Matter of Time,” in which an SG team is left in the time-dilating clutches of a planet too close to a black hole.

Malcolm manages to weave together some of my favorite aspects of Stargate: dynamic character development, alien cultures that are more than they appear, sm
Johnny Martin
I liked the idea of continuing a story arc left open from the TV series and thought it was clever to tie-in O'Neill's unresolved issues from his encounter with Ba'al. Would like to have seen more on the Earth culture and mythology that influenced the planet the team visited.
S.T. Rucker
I've always wanted to know how they got SG-10 off the planet being sucked into a black hole...and this book isn't the one that tells me unfortunately.

Feeling really crappy about what happened to SG-10 in the television series episode, A Matter of Time, I was really excited to find out that there actually was a rescue mission that happens after I stumbled across it on the SG-1 wikia page, but it looks like I'll have to read the next book to get to the bottom of the situation.

There were a few de
Jason
Aside from a few grammatical errors and poor editing -(there were a few occasions where sentences seemed to be missing words, were incomplete, or incoherent; example [not actually an exerpt from the book] "He let SG1 know it are is". It also bothered me that they missed an easy "than" and "then" mistake)- the story itself was great. The first few chapters were a little slow, but ultimately are necessary to keep up at the end during all of the action.

At least with this particular SG-1 book, I alm
Dustin
Two stars because it was just ok. I've seen it a couple of times now, so I'm assuming that the requirements for writing SG-1 tie in novels require some combination of 1) "Give a character PTSD", 2) "a completely unlikable original character", 3) "Involve Senator Kinsey somehow" and/or 4) "Have SG-1 act out of character." I would add "Mention the events of popular episodes as often as possible" but from what I've read that's not optional.

In this one Jack has a lot of 1, there's a 2 working for 3
Amanda Ylia
Reading this felt very much like watching an episode of Stargate. The characterisation was spot on and so to was the storyline. There was the right amount of twists in the plotline that had kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to continue reading no matter how tired I'd gotten. I'm keen to get my hands on my copy of the next part when I return home next week so I can devour it too.
Catherine
Good book. The only issue that I have is that this book leaves you with a note saying "Concluded in" another book.
David
This is the first Stargate book that I've read, barring audiobooks, so I can only speculate as to how most Stargate SG-1 books treat the main characters. All I know is that I enjoyed seeing the fallout on Jack from the events of "Abyss", and I also enjoyed the other subtle references to the rest of Stargate SG-1 canon throughout the book. While not perfect, I would recommend this book (and its sequel, of course) to any fan of the Stargate series who is like to imagine for a little bit that the s ...more
Claudia
Loved the book.
Loved the idea of going back to the whole black hole episode.
The characters were really well written, spot on. And it was interesting to see how the could have handeled the case of having a team lost on a planet that's slowly getting sucked into a black hole and there was nothing they could do about it. But given the chance... it was completely believable and SG-1, if you know what I mean. ;)
Mateo Perfetto
one of the best books I read this year!
Mark
Sally Malcolm begins an epic story about O’Neill’s quest to rescue SG-10, the team lost to a black hole. Unfortunately, the Kinahhi, an advanced race negotiating technology exchange with Earth, have unpleasant plans for SG-1 and Earth.

Published in mass-market paperback by Fandemonium Books.
Beverly
The author wrote the characters completely in character, to the point where I could hear each person speak their lines. It was so real and vivid. I just wish the first half of this series wasn't so short. The story arc completely threw me off.
Miss Clark
Gwen Johnson
I wanted to read this because I had enjoyed the author's fan fiction stories so much. This was an enjoyable read...and I was glad I didn't have to wait to read the sequel.
Donna
This book - along with it's companion The Cost of Honor' are inspired, and enhance the Stargate canon.
Erina
3.5 stars. Enjoyable, fast paced but I dislike cliffhangers in books.
Shianne
Love! Love love love!

Fallout from "Abyss", A+!!
Pauline
Like reading a beefed episode. Very fun.
Evelyn
Evelyn added it
Mar 24, 2015
EJ
EJ marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Alzbeta
Alzbeta marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Paul
Paul added it
Feb 13, 2015
Melissa Dougherty
Melissa Dougherty marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Larry Clark
Larry Clark marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
  • Relativity
  • The Barque of Heaven
  • Siren Song
  • Alliances
  • Sacrifice Moon
  • City of the Gods
  • Trial by Fire
  • Stargate Atlantis: Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Four Dragons
  • Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Valhalla
  • The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1 #2)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Death Game (Stargate Atlantis, #14)
  • Hunt and Run (Stargate Atlantis, #13)
Sally Malcolm lives in London, England, in a small Victorian terrace, where she writes in a corner behind the wardrobe. She shares her home with her American husband and two wonderful children, who generously put up with her sailing the high seas or stepping through the Stargate when she’s meant to be cooking their supper…

More about Sally Malcolm...

Stargate SG-1 (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Trial by Fire
  • Alliances
  • Roswell
  • Relativity
  • The Barque of Heaven
Stargate Atlantis: Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1) The Cost of Honor Stargate SG-1: Gift of the Gods (Stargate audiobooks series 1.1) Stargate Atlantis: Perchance to Dream (Stargate audiobooks series 1.4) Stargate SG-1: Savarna (Stargate audiobooks series 1.5)

“There is no bravery without fear.” 1 likes