Start by marking “Woodrow For President: A Tail Of Voting, Campaigns, And Elections” as Want to Read:
Woodrow For President: A Tail Of Voting, Campaigns, And Elections

Woodrow For President: A Tail Of Voting, Campaigns, And Elections

Woodrow for President teaches children about elections, from the local level to the presidential. Readers in kindergarten through fourth grade will learn how Woodrow the White House mouse became the Commander in Cheese.
Published November 1st 1999 by VSP Books

To ask other readers questions about Woodrow For President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woodrow For President

M
Nov 08, 2016 M rated it really liked it
Cute way for young ones to understand what all of the fuss is about, or the election process, anyway. It didn't mention electors, but that would be hard to tackle in a children's book. I'd like to see it, though!
Heather
Nov 08, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
A story that does a great job explaining the election process for children, using rhymes and funny puns. A little too long for a read-aloud.
NebraskaIcebergs
Aug 30, 2012 NebraskaIcebergs rated it liked it
Shelves: own
A couple of weeks ago, a beautiful hardcover picture book called Woodrow for President arrived at my doorstep. I received this book by Peter and Cheryl Barnes as part of the TLC Tour Books. Immediately, I proudly showed off the cute and lavish picture book to my husband. Then I set down to read it. :-)

One of the quirks I've picked up as an adult is I prefer to first look in the children's section of the library when I want to know more about topic. Children's books give me the basics, and then s
Liz
Aug 09, 2012 Liz rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-for-blog
The process of electing the president of the United States is complex. As Woodrow G Washingtail (the mouse) runs for president, concepts such as the primaries and the general election are explained.

The first two pages make it very clear that if you grow up valuing hard work and knowing the difference between right and wrong, as well as eating all your food and studying hard you could be the president of the United States. The next two pages add a bit more: a potential president should also help
Heidi
Nov 07, 2013 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Explaining the electoral process to young children can be a difficult thing to do. This book does a nice job of helping readers understand what running for president requires. The descriptions are of course simplified and idealized. If only elections were this neat and tidy. But all the major steps are included: political parties, conventions, campaigns, debates, voting, etc. I enjoyed the use of a mouse society to present the facts mixed with a story, this makes all the information easier to ...more
Maureen Timerman
Aug 23, 2012 Maureen Timerman rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I found this book to be a great and timely one in this election year. Read this with our 5 and 7 year old boys, and the oldest was especially interested. What captured both boys were the drawing, they were really interested in finding the Presidential Seal...kind of like an Ispy.
As we traveled through the White House, the rhyming prose gives a look at the House and the Election Process. They rhyming is excellent and does not seem forced, and the Children stayed attentive.
The back of the book is
Lindsey Lubker
Nov 07, 2013 Lindsey Lubker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woodrow for President shows the path to becoming president. It is very educational and fun. Would be a great book to read during campaign time.
Liz Todd
Jul 25, 2014 Liz Todd rated it really liked it
Would be great in a 3rd grade classroom. Follows all of the steps to becoming president. Cute story.
Mollie B
Jan 28, 2016 Mollie B rated it liked it
It's too long for storytime, but there's lots of information in it in verse. Kids might enjoy listening this to help understand how to become president.
Literacy Tweets
Literacy Tweets rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Taylor Bennett
Taylor Bennett rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Kimberly
A fun, rhyming story about what it takes to run for President.
Dorene Tomaskovic
Dorene Tomaskovic rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2015
Michelle Gray
Oct 26, 2015 Michelle Gray rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-nonfiction
I liked this one okay. It was a little long and the rhyming got tiresome.
Donna Elliott
Donna Elliott rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Gabe
Gabe rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Joni
Joni rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Hannah Buskirk
Hannah Buskirk rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Michelle Boquist
Michelle Boquist rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2016
Kaitlyn Hoppert-fox
Kaitlyn Hoppert-fox rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Erica Chapman
Erica Chapman rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Adam Sharp
Adam Sharp rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Elly
Elly rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2007
Literacy Tweets
Literacy Tweets rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2016
Kris Goldhawk
Kris Goldhawk rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2016