Start by marking “Stargate Atlantis: The Chosen (Stargate Atlantis, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stargate Atlantis: The Chosen (Stargate Atlantis, #3)

Stargate Atlantis: The Chosen (Stargate Atlantis #3)

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  210 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
The Stargate Atlantis team encounter a society where high priests of the local cult are able to protect the society from attacks by the Wraith by using technology left behind by the Ancients. However, the genetic ability to use the weapons has faded over successive generations, leaving the people increasingly vulnerable to attack. With the Wraith growing ever bolder in the ...more
Published April 13th 2006 by Fandemonium Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Stargate Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stargate Atlantis

Kati
May 31, 2009 Kati rated it really liked it
This SGA tie-in novel is set after The Storm and leads nicely into The Defiant One. It reminded me a lot of Trinity - Rodney's arrogance reared its ugly head once more but this time, it didn't lead "just" to the destruction of an uninhabited solar system, it caused the downfall of a whole civilization. The thing is, I could see both sides of the argument, Rodney and Teyla's - they were both right and wrong, both operating on limited information. Rodney's behavior fit well his season 1 self when ...more
Brenda
Jun 01, 2011 Brenda rated it did not like it
Shelves: science-fiction
Stargate Atlantis is one of my all-time favorite shows. That being said, there were still episodes of the show that I thought were boring and didn't care for. This novel is like one of those episodes. Except that it was lasting a lot longer than the 40 or so minutes than an episode would last, so I gave up on it.

This one was co-written by two authors, and you could really tell. The style seemed to change back and forth, and that bothered me a bit. So all in all, this one just didn't have a lot g
Kellyanne Lynch
Mar 01, 2014 Kellyanne Lynch rated it really liked it
** WARNING FOR SPOILERS!! **

It was an intriguing book overall and definitely worth the read. I'm on the fence as far as Teyla characterisation in this book. The argument between her and Rodney just didn't sit well with me. I felt like Rodney was being attacked, and while I could understand Teyla's argument and why she was so upset with him, her responses and especially her and Sheppard and Ford's assumptions regarding McKay's motives really bothered me.

When the team returned back to Atlantis, We
Craterdweller
Dec 16, 2015 Craterdweller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stargate
The POV switching was a bit confusing but that could be an artifact of Kindle formatting. Rodney was very season 1 Rodney so a bit much at times. I prefer the Rodney of later seasons. Good read though.
Elentarien
Aug 08, 2011 Elentarien rated it liked it
I actually fairly enjoyed this one. Quite a bit of action and while I didn't care for so much tension between the team members. . .it was sort of inevitable. Also, while things were tense, it never felt like they were going to 'split up'. More like they were just annoyed at each other, and stressed by the situation.

The plot is not a 'funny' or 'feel good' plot. Its a bit heavy-handed on the political/religious theme, and yet I could see it. Its surprising they don't hit more situations like thi
MiniSagas
Jan 05, 2009 MiniSagas rated it liked it
Shelves: scifi, tie-in-novel
Summary: Major Sheppard and Dr McKay were born to rule. Or maybe it was it serve ... ? Anyway, they turn out to be members of the Chosen and they throw Daleran society into crisis somewhat earlier than it would otherwise have been thrown into crisis (much angsting is enjoyed by all), causing many frustrations to boil over because like many menfolk they have trouble locating, understanding and properly stimulating the clitoris. I'm actually half-serious ...//

This tie-in novel, which was quite plo
Heather
Mar 26, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
This book was so good I read it in one day.

The team was at loggerheads most of the time. While I normally don’t like it when there’s so much tension between the characters, I can’t help but feel it was inevitable in this situation. When it comes to religion and politics, everyone is bound to get emotional and think their opinion, and theirs alone, is correct. The situation on Dalera has many real world allegories, as voiced by Sheppard who has seen more than a few of them. And like real world si
Sarai
Mar 04, 2012 Sarai rated it really liked it
WOW so if I were to suggest a book out of this series so far it would be this one. Yes I know I told you that book 2 was done by an author I adore and it was okay I promise. But, this book, this book KICKED BUTT on action, inner dialogue, getting to know the characters better, and OMG I got so much Sheppard and McKay I'm a happy girl. LOVED THIS ONE. Now keep in mind this author had about half of season 1 to learn all the different thought and actions of the team but, wow. Good job Sonny Whitela ...more
Denise
Jul 02, 2014 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Lots of politics, religion and action going on in this one while the team members, especially Teyla and McKay, find themselves on strongly opposing sides of an argument that has the entire team at odds with each other.
Nausikaa
Jun 29, 2013 Nausikaa rated it really liked it
I read this book immediately after "Reliquary" and so I was a bit wary as it also began with déjà vu: a medieval society where the ATA gene carriers are ruling over the enslaved population (season 2, The Tower) but I was pleasantly surprised after a few chapter when action and suspense took off. It was quite intense, the secondary characters were endearing and the team was quite well depicted. I finally found the sarcasm and banter I enjoyed so much in the TV show.
Angela
Jun 16, 2013 Angela rated it liked it
The team go to a planet where the civilisation honour the chosen (Ancient gene carriers) because they save them from the wraith. Something goes wrong and the team have to save the civilisation from the wraith.

A good character piece with an awful lot of action set pieces. I think it would have been a 2 parter in the tv show. A good read.
Lexi
Oct 14, 2013 Lexi rated it liked it
Bola by z toho skvelá epizóda seriálu, ale v knižnej podobe sa mi príbeh zdal príliš rozťahaný, asi od polovice sa všetko točí len okolo boja s Wraithmi a pokiaľ vás nezaujíma vojenská stratégia, môže to byť trochu nuda. Veľkým pozitívom je však skvelá dynamika medzi postavami, všetci sú verní svojmu seriálovému ja.
Kelly
Aug 05, 2007 Kelly rated it it was ok
Shelves: scifi
Who is this supposed Rodney McKay in this book? He doesn't seem the the McKay we see on tv! I dislike this Rodney, a lot. The authors thank David Hewlett in the credits for his input. Does DH really see McKay in this light?

Uh yeah, so I didn't like this one.
Mandy
Jun 15, 2011 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: tie-ins
I'm not sure if I like these so much because I love the show, either way, fun!
Miss Clark
Nov 25, 2008 Miss Clark rated it did not like it
Horrid. Really and truely.
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Lynndy
Lynndy rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Mariah Walton
Mariah Walton rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Colleen Clarke
Colleen Clarke rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Mr Andrew Hayes
Mr Andrew Hayes rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Angela Cooper
Angela Cooper rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Jan Galiotto
Jan Galiotto rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Menzi
Menzi rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Eszter Kálmán
Eszter Kálmán rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Wytchayn
Wytchayn marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Trish Butler
Trish Butler rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Laura Halliday
Laura Halliday marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
  • Stargate Atlantis: Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (Stargate Atlantis, #4)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis, #9)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Death Game (Stargate Atlantis, #14)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone (Stargate Atlantis, #15)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Dead End (Stargate Atlantis, #12)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Hunt and Run (Stargate Atlantis, #13)
  • Siren Song
  • The Barque of Heaven
  • Sacrifice Moon
  • Alliances

Stargate Atlantis (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary (Stargate Atlantis, #2)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (Stargate Atlantis, #4)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Exogenesis (Stargate Atlantis, #5)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Blood Ties (Stargate Atlantis, #8)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis, #9)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall (Stargate Atlantis, #10)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)