Start by marking “Where People Fly and Water Runs Uphill: Using Dreams to Tap the Wisdom of the Unconscious” as Want to Read:

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  78 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Based on intensive study and thousands of case histories, this remarkable guide opens up the world of dreams by showing readers how to remember and interpret dreams, establish a dream group, learn the universal symbolism of dreaming, and change their lives using their dreams.
Published February 1st 1993 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Where People Fly and Water Runs Uphill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where People Fly and Water Runs Uphill

Eileen
Oct 26, 2011 Eileen rated it really liked it
Contains much good and helpful info on the interpretation of dreams. E.g. – all dreams come in the service of health and wholeness, no dream comes to tell dreamers what they already know, a nightmare is frightening to ensure that the dream will not be forgotten and because its message is of great importance. Author assumes all dreams come from God and helps the reader see spiritual meaning in them.
Candess Campbell
Sep 09, 2014 Candess Campbell rated it it was amazing
Jeremy Taylor's book Where People Fly and Water Runs Uphill was one of my first great experiences in working with dreams. I took a workshop with him in Spokane many years ago and it changed my life. Made me a believer in how we can access other parts of ourself and heal our lives. I was able to work a dream in class that resulted in the understanding that I had "picked up my cross" and was on the right path. I'll find that journal article and post it here later. Perfect book to begin as we move ...more
Julie
Feb 15, 2008 Julie rated it it was amazing
There are many dream books - some are truly terrible - the ones that say - if you dream "X" it means "Y." There are dream books that teach a particular technique - and by the time you have learned and applied the technique - your dreams are dried and shriveled and receding from conscious memory. Then there is this GEM of a book!

Jeremy Taylor's book on dreaming is a synthesis of all the great techniques AND it treats dreamwork with great sensitivity and respect. I learned more from this book abou
Ron Campbell
Apr 04, 2012 Ron Campbell rated it really liked it
This is one book on Dreams that I feel comfortable in recommending. I do not Believe that anyone else can interpret your Dreams. Your Dreams are your own and only you can really interpret there meaning.

What I like about this book is Taylor's formation of Dream groups meeting on a regular basis to interpret each others Dreams. How this works is that talking about one's Dreams with others gives the person different possibilities as to the possible meaning of the Dream. This exploring of one's Dre
Lauren
Sep 19, 2008 Lauren rated it liked it
-only the one who can consciously consent to the power of the inner voice becomes a personality.- Carl Jung

This book demonstrates how dreams can be conceived as keys to understanding our past as well as leading one to creative inspiration for the future. this book discusses the universal symbolism which wakes its creapy head in our dreams. Dreams can be either crystal clear or unexplainably mysterious. dreams always lead the dreamer to discover truths about their deepest selves as well as one's
Jeanne
Jan 30, 2016 Jeanne rated it it was amazing
An old favorite in my understanding of dreaming.
Pam I.
Aug 02, 2011 Pam I. added it
A great read to begin working with dreams. The book offers some comfort to those of us who rarely remember our dreams by reassurance that even dreams unremembered are moving the dreamer to health and wholeness. The techniques for improving dream recall have been helpful to me.
Uta
Sep 26, 2008 Uta rated it liked it
If you are interested in learning more about your dreams without going off into theories.
Inspires you to pay attention to your dreams.
Klgg
Feb 23, 2009 Klgg rated it really liked it
Recommended to Klgg by: bought at thrift store
This is a great read for anyone interested in dream analysis.
Kate
Nov 24, 2007 Kate rated it liked it
Another book on my "get those creative juices flowing shelf."
Steven Fox
Nov 06, 2013 Steven Fox rated it it was amazing
One of the legends of dream interpretation.
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Matt Wolf
Matt Wolf rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Carla
Carla added it
Mar 12, 2016
Laura is currently reading it
Mar 09, 2016
Ami
Ami rated it liked it
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Andreea Paine
Andreea Paine rated it really liked it
Maia
Maia marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Heiki Eesmaa
Heiki Eesmaa marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Bily Šinkovec
Bily Šinkovec marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Jessica Hines
Jessica Hines marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Maighdlin
Maighdlin rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
Jackie Hilaire
Jackie Hilaire is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2015
Catie
Catie rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Mahurangi Mahuta
Mahurangi Mahuta marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Jay Friedman
Jay Friedman rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa added it
Aug 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jeremy Taylor, an ordained Unitarian Universalist minister, has worked with dreams for over thirty years; he blends the values of spirituality with an active social conscience and a Jungian perspective.
Founding member and past president of the Association for the Study of Dreams, he has written four books integ
More about Jeremy Taylor...