Kiss of the Betrayer (Bringer and the Bane, #2)

Kiss of the Betrayer (Bringer and the Bane #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  27 reviews
For fifteen years Luc Le Daun has blamed himself for the death of the woman he loved. His secret guilt has led him into a life of danger, risking all and committing to none.

Killing Luc Le Daun has been all Jade Kendell has thought about for years. But when her plan goes awry and she’s brought into the Bringers’ fold, her own dark secret threatens to be revealed. Desire for...more
Published December 11th 2012 by Entangled Select (first published November 19th 2012)

Kiss of the Betrayer by Boone BruxHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickShield of Fire by Boone BruxTouched by the Magic by Maxine MansfieldSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Gorgeous Book Covers
1st out of 362 books — 250 voters
Ancient Blood by Brian Patrick McKinleyShield of Fire by Boone BruxGhost Hand by Ripley PattonKiss of the Betrayer by Boone BruxA Tale of Red Riding Hood by Neo Edmund
Paranormal Diamonds in the rough
4th out of 101 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Jaime
This is the second book in the series, and Boone brings forward 2 of the smaller characters from the first story and casts them in starring roles.

15 years ago Luc Le Duan gets side tracked on his way to the Kendell house to ask for Esmeralda's hand in marriage. An exciting poker game sees him lose the shirt off his back, and some very important documentation with it.

The next morning as his hangover starts to clear he is informed the love of his life and her entire family was killed in a Bane att...more
Shauni
Over the years one reads many many books, especially if you are me. Most of the time you find dross, books that are ok, a nice escape, an enjoyable visit but easy to walk away from when they are done. Occasionally you will read books that bring you back again and again, books that continue their stories in other characters storylines, books that capture your imagination. And that's a good thing, BUT sometimes there are books that not only capture your imagination they seep into your psychee and...more
Maria
What an outstanding read, Shield of Fire was brilliant, but Kiss of the Betrayer is outstanding. I was sorry when I reached the end....wondering what would happen to Rell and Siban also what would happen to the Bane and all those frozen Bringers. It would be excellent if they was a follow up...we can only hope.

You have excelled yourself Boone.....well done.....a very exciting and thorough read with plenty of depth with enough romance to keep you longing for that hero!!

Bravo
Kathryn
This is one of those times when I take a 2x4 and hurt myself with it because I waited so long to read this book. I loved the first one, and the second is no different.

Luc has always been the standoffish one of the group. Drinker, carouser, devil may care. He's more than that, and his friends Rhys & Ravyn no this of him, that's why they take the decision to become a full Bringer out of his hands.

Jade has always stayed one step ahead of everyone. Hiding in the shadows. Keeping her "half-life"...more
Jacquelyn
Ms Boone, did it again only this time better than before, we ask for a rainbow and she gave us a pot of gold with Kiss of the Betrayer.

Luc and Jade is on fire, all the old cast is back with a few surprises.
How far will they go for friends, family and love, this book will keep you up all night wanting to know what happen next.

Look out Twilight the next big star is here ......
Loved this book! Boone continues the great story from the first book and leaves us wanting more from our Bringer friends! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Oh how I love it when the womanizer falls in love. Even though we haven't much seen the hero actually womanizing anyone, we know his type, it's been mentioned by almost everyone and then he meets a woman who not only seems like she's not swayed by his obvious gorgeous looks, but also like she very much wants him dead. Hmm. Can you feel the sparks of chemistry from just these few lines?

Our hero is het another Bringer, Luc, who's reluctant in both his abilities and his worth as a Bringer. Jade, o...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
This second story in the Bringer and the Bane series picks up much where the first book left off. All the main players are back, only this time, the core romance features Jade and Luc.

We already knew that Jade hated Luc, though now we find out why. She believes he is responsible for her sister turning Bane more than a decade ago. Luc had been a suitor to Esmerelda, but through his actions, the Bane attacked the girls' home, killed their father and turned Esmerelda into a demon. Rell (as she is k...more
Kristen
GENRE: Fantasy
THEME: Magic/Romance/Demon
RECEIVED: Entangled Publishing
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
I’m always very cautious when reading the second installment in a series, especially when I really enjoyed the first. But I have to say I absolutely loved, the second book in Bringer and the Bane series, actually much more than the first if that’s possible. Both Jade and Luc captivated me from the first book but for their story I never wanted to put this book down for one second.

Kis...more
Kristin
This is not a book that you can just pick up and read. You have to read the first book in the series before reading this one. Even though the two books don't revolve around the same main characters, Luc and Jade play big roles in the first book. Without reading it, you won't know their history or have a good grasp of the Bane and everything that's going on. Trust me, I know. I started the series with this book. Made it to about the third chapter, gave up, bought the first book and had no problem...more
Stephanie

ISBN: Print: 1620610353
E-book - 978-1620610350
Number of pages: 400
Word Count: 100,000

Copy of book received via tour company in expectation of a fair and honest review.
No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions herein are my own except as otherwise noted.

ORIGINAL POST at Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust 12/19/2012 http://fangswandsandfairydust.blogspo...

Book Description:
For fifteen year
Julie G
Few authors have the ability to grab you in the first pages of a story and hold you for 400 pages. For me, that's always been Nora Roberts, Jonathan Kellerman, Patricia Cornwell, and John Sandford. It appears I'll be adding Boone Brux to that short list.

First, a bit of a warning: this is the second book in a series that began with Shield of Fire in 2011. Because of that, I occasionally felt that I was on the outside of an inside joke. Happily, the story is so well-written, that it was easy to ge...more
Sapphyria
Being that "Kiss of the Betrayer" is Book #2 in this series, I highly recommend you read Book #1, "Shield of Fire" first. There is a lot of back story concerning Luc, Jade, Ravyn, and Rhys, as well as Vile and Icarus, that is very important to know before heading down this leg of the journey.

"Kiss of the Betrayer" focuses on Luc and Jade but we also have a lot of involvement from Ravyn, Rhys, Vile, and Icarus, among others.

Luc has a huge secret....a secret that has continued to scar him emotion...more
Andrea
I got into this story immediately unlike the first one. However, I couldn't really identify with Jade,and have felt more of a connection with Ravyn as her personality seems more rational to me. When I analyzed why I couldn't identify with Jade, I came up with "immaturity". Since Jade is only 19 and I'm much older, Boone was very successful at creating Jade. I love all the other characters in the story and series. Despite my issues with the personality of Jade this was a wonderfully wrought story...more
Anna's Herding Cats!
She was a colossal tyrant stuffed inside the tiny body of a woman.

If you're like me and love finding new worlds that are unique, a little quirky and just good for your book loving soul then Boone Brux is an author you need to meet. She weaves together such a rich and exciting story it's like stepping right into the world and being there.

There's some drama in Kiss of the Betrayer. You know it's going to be one hell of a ride with the heroine's mission in life is to take the hero out. And yall I'...more
S.M. Blooding
Starting off, this book was a bit of a struggle. There’s a lot of information and instead of bludgeoning us in the head with tons of backstory and blah, blah, blah, Boone throws us in and says, “Sweetie, I know you can swim.” I won’t say it was hard to read because it wasn’t! However, I will say I had to pay attention! The start of this book wasn’t brain candy. I had to think! LOL!I really liked Jade from the get go. She’s tough and doesn’t feel the need to whine all the time. Also, when she dis...more
Kristin
Originally posted at Bitten by Books:

Kiss of the Betrayer sort of snuck up on me. I found myself a bit lost and sort of detached initially. This is the second installment in the series, and I have not read the first, which I am fairly positive accounts for my feelings because about a quarter of the way in I was suddenly invested in Jade and Luc’s story. Boone has developed an inventive, action-packed, sexy and thrilling dark fantasy.

The characters are incr...more
Kristine
Review also found in my blog
Once again, Boone Brux captivates me into her world of Bringers and Banes. I loved the chemistry between Luc and Jade from the first book and the readers gets more of it in the second installment. I enjoyed the little banters that they engaged in. I also liked that although this story is more concentrated between Jade and Luc, the author still included some of the characters that I enjoyed from the first book. Not only that, you see the different sides of the other ch...more
The Window Seat
I am a big fan of classic Fantasy Romance. Not the ones that are set in a contemporary world or an apocalyptic world, but the ones that are reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. That is my favorite genre, but the good ones are few and far between. Boone Brux's Bringer and the Bane series isn't quite a great series, but it is a strong fantasy romance series that will now be on my radar!

Luc Le Daun is a wastrel - well, everyone thinks he is. Since he spends most of his time drinking and wenching, it i...more
Katrina
Isn’t it amazing to fall into a series of books and become addicted to the well crafted story and characters? Boone Brux has created a fantasy world so vivid and compelling that you’ll find yourself whisked away, waiting with baited breath as every chapter unfolds.

Luc and Jade come to the forefront in this portion of the Bringer and Bane series. The undercurrents of their love story unfold as Jade and Luc face their common past to find their future together.

This is a marvelous addition to my l...more
Christina Hill
Lacking

As an avid reader I'm always on the hunt for a great read which is why I picked up this book. Unfortunately, despite the promising beginning this left a lot to be desired and to be completely honest I didn't even finish reading the story. Save time and money, this isn't the next great read you're looking for.
Tracie Runge
Jade has known nothing but the yearning for revenge against Luc Le Daun for his betrayal against her family.
Luc has his demons but none more than the blame he puts on himself for the death of the woman he loved.
Brought together by their past can they find a way to move forward together to ensure their future.

You will find yourself immersed in this series and the characters will have you turning each page anticipating what is to come. The Bringer and Bane series only grows and gets better with ea...more
Melissa
I have read many books in my life some make you cry,laugh,smile some good and bad. Then there is a series that someone writes and the author just keeps you coming back for more and you can't get enough. That is the way I am with Bringer and the Bane series I am so hooked. This book has everything from mystery to sex to expect the unexpected. I mean who doesn't want a bringer for herself Luc especially to be your knight in shining armor. I can't wait until the next installment of this series. Boo...more
GONZA
Good PNR romance, but I haven't read the first book in this series to I missed some of the clues. Anyway the story is pretty good and opens to more other stories also. Anyway now I have to go back and read the first one....

Buon paranormal romance, putrtoppo però è il secondo di una serie e mi sono persa alcune cose. Tuttavia la storia è carina e apre la porta a parecchie altre storia, quindi ora devo "tornare indietro" e leggermi assolutamente il primo libro.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ENTANGLED PUB...more
Jennifer Hawley
I have never been much into fantacy books, but I couldn't seem to put this book down. Once I read the first book (in under 24 hours) I jumped right into this book, completing the story. I just simply had to figure out what happened! A delicious turn of events that will keep you turning the pages. A must read!
Mhollie
If you see my review of Shield of Fire, you know that I didn't connect with the characters, but liked the story. Someone must have nudged the author about her characterizations, because they were much better in this book. I must say, I really like Icarus. :)
Jessi Szigethy
Very nice world building along with character development. The larger mysteries continue to expand. I have some theories and can't wait to see if they are right. You need to read the first book in the series to understand where they are and what is going on. This is a nice twist on demon mythology.
Nicole
I may or may not have bought this book because of the cover.

Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {113} Kiss of the Betrayer OPEN 9 spots left 5 59 May 01, 2013 07:39PM
  • Silver Skin (Cold Iron, #2)
  • Grave Intentions (Grave, #1)
  • To Capture a Rake (Seduction, #2)
  • Tap Out (Worth the Fight, #2)
  • Her Summer with the Marine: A Donovan Brothers Novel (The Donovan Brothers, #1)
  • Mark of the Sylph (Demons of Infernum #2)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Catching Heat
  • The Demon's Daughter (Demon Outlaws, #1)
  • Night Terrors (Shadow Watch, #1)
  • A Little Bit Wicked (Forbidden Love, #1)
  • The Chosen (The Legend Chronicles, #3)
  • Devil May Care (Speak of the Devil, #2)
  • His Reluctant Rancher (Three River Ranch, #2)
  • Different Strokes
  • A Taste Fur Murder (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #1)
  • One Night Stand (Little Black Dress)
  • Immortal Surrender (The Curse of the Templars, #2)
Suddenly Beautiful Shield of Fire (Bringer and the Bane, #1) To Catch Her Death (Grim Reality, #1) Everything Erotic Volume III Chain of Illusions (Bringer and the Bane, #3)

“I find there are usually no extremes in relationships, even friendship. One is not always right or never wrong.” 4 likes
“At the critical moment it is the rare few who can do what needs to be done.
-Icarus”