Start by marking “Every Breath She Takes” as Want to Read:
Every Breath She Takes

Every Breath She Takes

3.7  ·  Rating Details ·  1,299 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews
Veterinarian Lauren Townsend has good reason for hiding her psychic ability. Not only did her “freakishness” earn her pariah status in the small town where she grew up, it cost her her faith in love. When Lauren foresees a murder — through the killer’s eyes — he traces the victim to a sprawling ranch, never guessing what waits for her…

Cal Taggart’s rugged ranch life doesn
Published September 4th 2012 by Montlake Romance (first published August 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Every Breath She Takes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Breath She Takes

MBR
When I first saw Lauren’s Eyes by Norah Wilson, the book failed to catch my eye. Maybe because the book cover that depicted a couple of horses didn’t stir my pick-this-book-up-immediately-radar. But once I read The Merzetti Effect and became drawn towards Norah’s style and the way she presents a story to the reader, I knew I needed to get my hands on every romance that she has published to-date.

The new glossy cover toting man-candy certainly whetted my appetite for more and Lauren’s Eyes made it
LuvLaw
Oct 31, 2014 LuvLaw rated it liked it
I happen to come across this book and its a pretty good read :)

It starts of to be very slow, so this isn't a fast racing book I am used to. Its pretty darn slow.

photo EVERY_zpsfdb1784a.jpg

Lets start with Lauren, I really loved her. She is smart, matured and pretty witty :D she is an independent and self sufficient person :)

She by profession is a vet but she gets these visions where people are gonna get hurt she wants to help but not many believe her and if they do, they cannot save the victim in time.
One such visions br
Kristin Anders
Sep 15, 2012 Kristin Anders rated it really liked it

How are the sex scenes?

Plentiful, sweet, romantic, lustful and realistic.
I especially loved the oral scene.
It is endearing and charming and exactly what a hero and heroine should be.

How are the story lines?

The romance and suspense share the plot perfectly.
The characters act within reason and the heroine is strong.

Review

"Every Breath She Takes" by Norah Wilson is a contemporary romantic suspense novel based in Alberta, Texas.

Cal Taggart is a chivalrous and good-hearted hero who's a tad too nice
Krissy
Pretty good even though you could see the whodunnit from space.
Zoey
Nice Cowboy Romance with some Mystery/Suspense & just a little Paranormal on the side.
Jill
Sep 22, 2012 Jill rated it liked it

Grammy 1
Nov 05, 2012 Grammy 1 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough good things about Norah Wilson, Author. We have had a few reviewers read her submissions and write wonderful reviews for her books. I have been secretly reading them as well on my own, just for me. I decided for this submission, I wanted to finish off 2012 with reading and reviewing one as well; and I think I was certainly a winner. Every Breath She Takes is one of the most exciting romance stories/thrillers/mysteries I have read all year! And with how much I read, that is sa ...more
Pamela
Sep 10, 2012 Pamela rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, kindle
Unlike the other readers who enjoyed this book, I thought it was just okay. I was intrigued about it when I read the synopsis. Unfortunately, I found it anything but intriguing. In fact I'm surprised I even finished it as I thought it was way too long. Like another reader mentioned, there is a lot going on in this novel, which in turn did add a lot of value to the novel. However, the downfall being the main story - Lauren's psychic visions - took a huge backseat to everything else. So much so, t ...more
Sunny
Nov 26, 2012 Sunny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected to like this book because I really enjoyed Norah Wilson's, Guarding Suzannah, but I didn't know that I was going to be so wowed by it! Like her other books, the relationship takes front and center stage in the story. In this case, Lauren and Callum story felt very intimate. I enjoyed the guest ranch background and, although the suspense part of the story was mild, it didn't take anything away from the sizzling interaction between the two characters. Well done!
Genny Moore
May 21, 2013 Genny Moore rated it really liked it
Was pleasantly surprised by this book. Picked it up as a whim for an "inbetween" book. Nice storyline and good characters. Looking forward to reading more of these characters.
Lauren has spent years trying to hide her psychic abilities so she isn't considered a freak by her friends and family. She has visions of murders but in the past she has never been able to see enough detail to save the life of one of the victims. This time she has been able to pin down a location and she is determined to prevent the murder from taking place. Taking an extended holiday from her veterinary practise she travels to the Foothills Guest Ranch in search of the victim. It is there that ...more
Sunny (Kindles & Wine Book Blog)
Review and author interview posted on Kindles & Wine

Lauren is an animal lover and I love how she got to show it in Every Breath She Takes. Due to her psychic ability to see a murder she thinks will take place at the Foothills Guest Ranch in Borland, Alberta, Lauren grants herself a vacation. While she tries to determine the killer, she pretends to be a guest at the ranch. However, she is soon using her superior riding skills, demonstrating care for the horses, and dropping other subtle clues
Christi Snow
Aug 17, 2012 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
I honestly and truly loved this book. Lauren is trying to prevent a murder from happening...one that she only knows about because of her visions seen through the murderers eyes before it happens. The slight clues she has lead her to a floundering ranch where they are taking in guests to help supplement the ranch's income. Cal is the owner of that ranch and a former pro rodeo bull-rider.

There is a lot of story to this book and Cal's ranch...
*there's his ex-wife who's there to hide out f
Marilyn Rondeau
Dec 06, 2012 Marilyn Rondeau rated it it was amazing
Lauren Townsend has a gift of psychic ability, but unfortunately to Lauren’s mind it’s more of a curse. Seeing through the eyes of the killer doesn’t always give her enough information to save a victim; only leaving her with the memories of seeing a victim die a horrible death. This time however she has a small clue and Lauren is bound and determined to do everything in her power to save the next victim.

*** In another adrenalin rush, romantic suspense author Norah Wilson has penned another spin
Houa
Jan 10, 2013 Houa rated it it was amazing
After veterinarian Lauren Townsend foresees a murder through her psychic ability, she traces the victim & ends up at a ranch. There she meets the cattle rancher, Cal Taggart. They can't withstand each others attraction, & agree to have a no strings attached fling, which just makes the two fall harder for each other unknowingly. But Lauren has to remember she's there to stop a murder from happening.
I got my copy through the ARC giveaway, so happy. For me, I liked the whole story from beg
Gail  Gentry
Dec 01, 2012 Gail Gentry rated it it was amazing
I bought this book from an advertised special. I had never read the author before, however, the description of the book attracted me and I'm so glad I didn't pass this up.

From the beginning, Norah Wilson captured me with her characters and storyline. Not your average romance, there is a great deal of mystery, and the romantic love that did develop was sweet and touching, healing past hurts in both characters to ultimately make them whole again. Norah Wilson also has a great voice in her descript
Nicole Laverdure
Jul 04, 2013 Nicole Laverdure rated it it was amazing
Intriguing Country romance!
This is the first book that I read written by Norah Wilson!
I wanted to read something different, a mysterious suspense!
Well, she did not disappoint me with her book "Every Breath She Takes".
It's the story of Veterinarian Laureen and Rancher Cal. Lauren Townsend
has a gift, she is a psychic! So, she decides to follow her instinct and goes
on vacation to Cal's ranch. Sparks will flare! Beautiful chemistry between her
two characters. Will a fling turn into true love??
I rea
Victoria
Apr 14, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it
3.5 RATING- I've had this on my TBR list for a while so when I noticed it was eligible to borrow through Amazon's Kindle Unlimited program, I finally decided to read it. It wasn't a favorite of mine but the writing was good and overall, I liked it. It was a bit slow for me in the beginning but the last half picked up. I would read more from this author...

Note: At the time this review was posted, this book was available to borrow through Amazon's Kindle Unlimited program.

To see other books avail
Tina Wright
Jun 03, 2016 Tina Wright rated it it was amazing
I like Norah Wilson's brand of romantic suspense, and she delivers the goods again in EVERY BREATH SHE TAKES. I'm not normally enamored of cowboy heroes or rural settings, both of which feature in this novel, but after the pool table scene (I won't elaborate), I was invested and firmly on Team Cal. As other reviewers have noted, the book's villain is fairly obvious, but that really doesn't detract from the reader's journey toward the climax. And along the way, we are treated to a sexy love story ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
After reading several in Norah Wilson's Protect and Serve series, I decided to try out some other novels of hers. This one is one of her earliest novels and I did like it. It flowed nicely without lagging. Lauren has a vision of a woman being murdered and decides to try to prevent the act by traveling to the location of the future crime. There she finds Cal Taggert, the owner of the guest ranch where she is staying and the ex-husband of the woman who is to be murdered.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Dec 16, 2012 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
3.5* rounded up.
I really liked Lauren. She was smart and used that intelligence numerous times. I thought it took a little bit of time to pick up, but was hard to put down once I got into the story. Cal was mean at times, and then Lauren would call him out on his behavior. Good.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She has a vision
Sees woman murdered on ranch
Finds ranch--he owns it

Excellent suspense
Both characters are damaged
Complete each other
Erin
Dec 31, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the book, and it was well written and decently researched, but the writer is clearly from the East. Bull riders are usually on the short side. It's a matter of physics--a low center of mass. A 6'3" successful professional bull rider is only slightly more common in real life than a dragon shifter. I understand why writers like to use tall bull riders as heroes, but they definitely fall in the category of the unrealistic--to the amusement of rural Westerners.

In addition, a horse c
Alyssa :::Riverina Romantics:::
Posted At: Riverina Romantics
Rating: 4/5*
Romance Rating: 3.5/5 <3

What is the ol’ saying? Save a horse, ride a cowboy?

Yup, that definitely fits.

Cal is one sexy man, and one I wouldn’t mind saving a horse for. From the beginning I knew he was going to be a different type of hero. Most guys try to fight their attraction to the heroine tooth and nail, or try to justify it in some way, hell even deny it. Not Cal. The moment he sees Lauren, he’s attracted to her. He doesn’t pull any of the usual c
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Breathtaking, Every Breath She Takes touches that mysterious world of premonitions and violent visions that are so strong they cause Lauren Townsend to cross a continent to try to save the life of a person she doesn’t even know—a person she sees being strangled at sunset in her vision.

Lauren, a successful veterinarian, survived the ridicule, embarrassment, endless doctor examinations and tests, and her family’s distress over her being
Douglas Meeks
Dec 13, 2012 Douglas Meeks rated it really liked it
Every Breath She TakesEvery Breath She Takes by Norah Wilson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Summary:

Cal Taggart’s rugged ranch life doesn’t need any more complications. But then beautiful Laur
Rajnit Kohli
Its for light reading

Well I don't review books I just read the story it is readable but it took too long to catch the killer .it could have been narrated better.
Kame
Jan 24, 2013 Kame rated it really liked it
4 Stars

It can be thought of as a gift or a curse. Lauren has visions of murders, and she has them before the murder happens, and they are from the murder’s perspective. This book opens with Lauren working at her veterinarian practice feeling the tell-tale signs of a vision coming. In this vision she sees a man’s gloved hands strangling a woman. It is not the first time she has had this vision and as her body is revolting at the sight she forces herself to pick out some details that will help her
Kathy Altman
Oct 24, 2012 Kathy Altman rated it really liked it
What do you get when you bring together a strong-minded heroine with a debilitating psychic gift that precludes a love life; a good-hearted rancher with a bad-boy past and self-esteem issues; an instant and intense sexual attraction; and a murder that's as inevitable as it is brutal? You get a riveting, sexy read, that's what--and a new author to add to your must-buy list.

When his hard hand cupped her face, an involuntary shiver raced up her spine, but she made no objection. Then his lips were o
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
The story starts off intriguing enough with the heroine Lauren Townsend, who is a vet who owns her own practice, having a vision of a woman being murdered. Lauren has had these types of visions since she was a small child but she had rarely been able to save the person in her visions. This time she is determined to save this woman. Through clues in her vision it leads her to a guest ranch in Canada. She decides to take a 3 week vacation and go to Canada and see if for once she can be in time to ...more
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Don't Look Back
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Going the Distance
  • Breaking The Rules
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Witness Seduction
  • Tangled Lies (Men Made In America 2 #11)
  • Wild Encounter
  • Cullen's Bride
  • Worth the Trip
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Edge of Survival
  • Heart Signs
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
A USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance, Norah lives in Fredericton, New Brunswick, with her husband, two adult children, two dogs (Ruby and Neva) and two cats (Ruckus and Milo).

Norah is a three-time finalist in the Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart contest. In 2003, she won Dorchester Publishing's New Voice in Romance contest.

In ad
More about Norah Wilson...

“We had fun, didn’t we?” she said, her eyes glinting. “Well, apart from the last bit.”
Fun? He remembered burying himself inside her and thinking he’d finally come home. He remembered pillowing his head on her breasts and coming apart in her arms. Fun?
She took a step closer, her body language shouting that she was going to lean over the bed rail and kiss him. A long, bittersweet goodbye kiss, no doubt. Jesus, he couldn’t bear it.”
4 likes
“(Cal) “I was thinking, maybe you’d like a livelier mount, since you’re obviously a skilled rider.”
She glanced at him sharply. The fact that he’d paid her a compliment sank in her consternation at the thought of a more forceful mount under her. [...]
“Thank you, no. I think I’ll stick with slow and steady.”
His hooded eyes suddenly took on a sleepy, sensual look. “That’s a sensible decision, ma’am. But if you should get a yen for fast and wild, just give me a shout.”
2 likes