Bebop Express

conductors are dancin'
and passengers jumpin'!
Quick! Climb aboard
the Bebop Express.

This rockin', rhythmic railroad adventure celebrates the uniqueness of America and the beboppin', doo-woppin' sound of jazz, from jammin' New York City all the way to New Orleans. With bold, powerful art by the "New York Times" best-selling...more
Published May 24th 2005 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Bebop Express, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bebop Express

Linda Atkinson
This book has a rhythm all its own. And did I mention how way cool the illustrations are!?
Brigid Keely
I had a really hard time getting into the rhythm of the book while reading it aloud. It's a bit tricky. The art is intriguing, a bit different from most of the kids' books I've seen recently. Niko (my 3 1/2 year old son) enjoyed this book, but mainly because it has a train in it, and people getting on and off the train. I'm going to return it to the library and try it again when he's reading. I think he'll enjoy reading and playing with the language in the book, which IS pretty language.
Renae Williams
I had fun coming along the rhythmic journey on the Bebop Express. This book would be great to use during a unit teaching rhyming words and word sounds. This book is fun to read because the word play is "groovy". It has a jazz feel and it made me want to live back in the times when jazz was prominent, it seemed so fun!
Michelle Marcano
This story is about a train that stops in many different stops. When the train stops a new musician enters the train they each play a different instrument. As the train moves all the musicians play Jazz music. This book uses a lot of alliteration and rhyming words. Children will really enjoy getting in the rhythm of the book.
Atena Oyadi
Fantastic! Great cadence and rhyming, with a nice integration of jazz-based onomatopoeia and standard language. My 4-year-old took to it immediately, and so did I. Also, the collage illustrations are excellent.
Christen
Great rhythm, fun pictures, and I know the kids will love chanting Chugga chugga chugga chugga CHOO CHOO! along with me. In my box for my Rhythm and Music storytime.
Ashley Courtemanche
Its about a train that stops and at every stop it picks up a new musician. From this book you learn about music and all of the instruments that you use for jazz music.
Rebekah
At each stop, the train picks up a new musician until there is a jazz symphony on board. The pictures are amazing collages and there is a rhythm to the words
Emily
One of Asher's favorite library books. Very lyrical. He loves music and trains, so this is the perfect combination. Fun to read, too!
Stephanie Smoot
A very diverse book that mentions historical blues and jazz musicians.
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Kim
Kim added it
Sep 10, 2012
Frank
Frank added it
Jun 05, 2012
Ashley Ryckman
Ashley Ryckman marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2012