Start by marking “Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat with Diabetes: A Mindful Eating Program for Thriving with Prediabetes or Diabetes” as Want to Read:

The author of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat joins with a diabetes expert in Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat with Diabetes. This guide helps readers with diabetes mindfully manage blood sugar levels, balance eating for enjoyment with eating for health, and take charge of managing their diabetes.
Published April 1st 2012 by New Harbinger Publications (first published January 1st 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat with Diabetes

Monique
Oct 06, 2013 Monique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I've lived with diabetes for more than 10 years and still have some lessons to learn in controlling this disease. This book was a excellent reminder of why I need to stay on top of my game with eating less, exercising more and drinking enough water. Do all things in moderation and do what you love were quick pick me up that I try to manage daily.
Jenny
May 18, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I started telling people about it when I was halfway through it. I ate instinctually yesterday, based on the Hunger/Fullness scale and it was a very interesting experience. I'm going to continue doing it.
Sandy
I liked the approach of this book - it's not a meal plan book or set of directions, but a guide to getting you thinking about what/how/why/when/what you eat - i.e. mindful eating. It gave me a lot to think about, and, with luck, implement.
Mengran Xu
Sep 08, 2015 Mengran Xu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Binge Eating Disorder (or BED) is characterized by binge eating regularly without resorting to any compensation behaviours. The result is, not surprisingly, overweight and in many cases, obesity. One common comorbidity for this population is diabetes (type II) or pre-diabetes, which certainly complicates treatment for BED.

This came up recently with one of my patients who was in treatment for binge eating, anxiety, and mood swings, with a relatively long history of mental health issues and
Darren
May 21, 2012 Darren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diabetes is a growing problem around the world, exacerbated often by poor dietary control and overeating. A much-larger group of people are at risk of getting diabetes and already have pre-diabetes, a state in which some but not all of the diagnostic criteria for diabetes are met. Once caught, the long-term prognosis is not great, requiring strict dietary restrictions and often lifestyle changes as well as medication.

This book tries to plough a more manageable pathway for those affected by diabe
DeAnn
Mar 06, 2015 DeAnn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I great way to take care of your health and be an intuitive mindful eater.
Coco_Chanel
Coco_Chanel rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Diana Gilchrist
Diana Gilchrist rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Becca
Becca rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2016
LeeAnn
LeeAnn rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Angie Dye
Angie Dye rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2014
Tess
Tess rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2017
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2014
Karen Korb
Karen Korb rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Chichi Zahra
Chichi Zahra rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Bethberman
Bethberman rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Kari Hoyes
Kari Hoyes rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Ellie Brandt
Ellie Brandt rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Stephen Reed
Stephen Reed rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Judy Desetti
Judy Desetti rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Tracy Trofimencoff
Tracy Trofimencoff rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2017
Mg
Mg rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2017
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2017
Stacy Trout
Stacy Trout rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2016
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2012