Healing the Angry Brain: How Understanding the Way Your Brain Works Can Help You Control Anger & Aggression

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Do you find yourself:

• Becoming so angry you have trouble thinking?
• Acting impulsively during angry outbursts?
• Getting so mad that you feel out of control of your actions?

If these strong, sudden bursts of anger sound all too familiar, you know the impact they have over your life. Over time, these responses can actually hard-wire our brains to respond angrily in situat...more
Published April 1st 2012 by New Harbinger Publications (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Healing the Angry Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing the Angry Brain

Saif Bagmar
I believe I will be able to deal with really angry people in a better way; more importantly I will be a less angry person :-)
Michaela Renee
I cannot say enough positive things about this read. I picked it up to help me better understand my clients with anger management concerns, and learned and gathered a world of knowledge about myself and my own relationships. This book does an incredible job of helping you grasp the brain biology behind anger, and provides excellent solutions for working through the hardwired whoopseys that we've learned over time.
I absolutely love neuropsychology, and neuroscience in general, but this book is wr...more
Thom
A good book, perhaps too focused on the brain-level functions of anger. The message that you can change your brain is great, and there are some good strategies in the latter half of the book. I think we could all stand to improve our empathy and empathic concern.

Originally picked this up to read with my son, but the medical bits got to be too much. Came back to it in September; this is really a fairly quick read.
Fiona Lee
Helps me understand different stages of my anger, and how I can resolve it before it escalates into something that is out of control or that I will regret later. For people who gets angry, frustrated, irritable easily, short-tempered, this is a really insightful read to better help you manage your temper and anger.
Stephen
A nice, solid, and concise guide to understanding how experiences, moods, behaviors, and feelings all mesh within the neurological-anatomical-biochemistry of the brain, as well as ways on how to change deep-seated processes.
Phil Newman
Good, but very clinical. Dealt very much with the actual brain function. Some good tips on how to attempt to retrain.
Rocio
Very informartive and easy to comprehend. Although may take time for people to actually achievem it does say that it's a 6 month program
Philip
A very good practical explanation but based on good science.
Jason Mcilhaney jr
Jason Mcilhaney jr is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2014
Abbhinaya Pragasam
Abbhinaya Pragasam is currently reading it
Aug 16, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Jimmie Eichman
Jimmie Eichman marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Stephen Sell
Stephen Sell marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Cody
Cody is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2014
Neve Nova
Neve Nova marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Noemi Heart
Noemi Heart marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Joan Heller
Joan Heller marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Syed Qasim
Syed Qasim marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Jason Manford
Jason Manford is currently reading it
Mar 24, 2014
Ala'a  Muhammad
Ala'a Muhammad marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Mrs. Lopez
Mrs. Lopez marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Letting Go of Anger: The Eleven Most Common Anger Styles and What to Do About Them Angry All the Time: An Emergency Guide to Anger Control Letting Go of Shame: Understanding How Shame Affects Your Life Rage: A Step-by-Step Guide to Overcoming Explosive Anger 30-Minute Therapy for Anger: Everything You Need to Know in the Least Amount of Time