Start by marking “Healing the Angry Brain: How Understanding the Way Your Brain Works Can Help You Control Anger & Aggression” as Want to Read:

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Do you find yourself:

• Becoming so angry you have trouble thinking?
• Acting impulsively during angry outbursts?
• Getting so mad that you feel out of control of your actions?

If these strong, sudden bursts of anger sound all too familiar, you know the impact they have over your life. Over time, these responses can actually hard-wire our brains to respond angrily in situat
Published April 1st 2012 by New Harbinger Publications (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Healing the Angry Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing the Angry Brain

Saif Bagmar
I believe I will be able to deal with really angry people in a better way; more importantly I will be a less angry person :-)
Read this for one of my grad classes. I thought it was a very practical, easy to follow look at the physiology behind anger. The complexity of the brain is so fascinating.
Michaela Johnson
I cannot say enough positive things about this read. I picked it up to help me better understand my clients with anger management concerns, and learned and gathered a world of knowledge about myself and my own relationships. This book does an incredible job of helping you grasp the brain biology behind anger, and provides excellent solutions for working through the hardwired whoopseys that we've learned over time.
I absolutely love neuropsychology, and neuroscience in general, but this book is wr
Noble Gill
This was a fascinating read. The human brain is so amazing!
A good book, perhaps too focused on the brain-level functions of anger. The message that you can change your brain is great, and there are some good strategies in the latter half of the book. I think we could all stand to improve our empathy and empathic concern.

Originally picked this up to read with my son, but the medical bits got to be too much. Came back to it in September; this is really a fairly quick read.
Fiona Lee
Helps me understand different stages of my anger, and how I can resolve it before it escalates into something that is out of control or that I will regret later. For people who gets angry, frustrated, irritable easily, short-tempered, this is a really insightful read to better help you manage your temper and anger.
A nice, solid, and concise guide to understanding how experiences, moods, behaviors, and feelings all mesh within the neurological-anatomical-biochemistry of the brain, as well as ways on how to change deep-seated processes.
Phil Newman
Good, but very clinical. Dealt very much with the actual brain function. Some good tips on how to attempt to retrain.
Very informartive and easy to comprehend. Although may take time for people to actually achievem it does say that it's a 6 month program
A very good practical explanation but based on good science.
Ali Khan
Ali Khan is currently reading it
Oct 01, 2015
Jes marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Shosh marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Briana added it
Sep 13, 2015
Robby Coletta
Robby Coletta marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Marta added it
Sep 07, 2015
Jose A
Jose A is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2015
Leanna marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Deborah Cook
Deborah Cook marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Dalia marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Heather King-Green
Heather King-Green marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Alice marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Letting Go of Shame: Understanding How Shame Affects Your Life Letting Go of Anger: The Eleven Most Common Anger Styles and What to Do About Them Angry All the Time: An Emergency Guide to Anger Control Rage: A Step-by-Step Guide to Overcoming Explosive Anger 30-Minute Therapy for Anger: Everything You Need to Know in the Least Amount of Time