Start by marking “The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard (Coco Pinchard, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard (Coco Pinchard, #1)

The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard (Coco Pinchard #1)

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,821 Ratings  ·  260 Reviews
Coco Pinchard never experienced life as a single thirty-something. She married young, had a son, and put her dream to be a writer on hold. But now her first novel is published, husband Daniel has greyed nicely into a silver fox, and son Rosencrantz is all grown up. Shouldn't it be time to enjoy life?

That is, until the annual family Christmas when her hideous mother-in-law
Published June 6th 2012 by TEAM BRYNDZA BOOKS (first published January 1st 2012)

Backlash by Sarah Darer LittmanPlay Me by Laura RubyThe Pretty App by Katie SiseThe Boyfriend App by Katie SiseGood Girls by Laura Ruby
Cell Phones on the Cover
10th out of 49 books — 11 voters
Sugarbabe by Holly HillBad Taste in Boys by Carrie HarrisLips Touch by Laini TaylorNeed by Carrie JonesForgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Glitter Lips
10th out of 14 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Smitten's Book Blog
Feb 07, 2013 Smitten's Book Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: lol-reads, freebies

Hmmm... I'm going back and forth over this one and really can't decide how to rate it. So I think I'm going to go with 3.5 stars.

This book is brilliantly funny. Think Bridget Jones and you'll be somewhere along the right track. Very British, very comical and very 'Oh my God, how embarrassing'!

I unzipped my boots but they wouldn't budge. My feet had swollen in the heat. After much tugging, a queue had started to form behind us. Eventually I had no choice but to hold onto the rail with my legs i
Aditi
Yet another E-mail format book which makes this more book easier to read. 'The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard' is a funny, hilarious, Bridget Jones-style novel, which will take you on a whirlwind ride. And honestly I couldn't stop laughing after reading this one.

This is about Coco, a pretty 40-something author, mother and wife, married young, living in London, have a full-grown son now, who's happen to be gay. It's Christmas and Coco, being technologically-backward, happen to receive an i
Sally906
A word of warning - do not read this book in a doctors waiting room - trying hard to cover up your chuckles as you are laughing out loud has people looking at you trying to work out if you are in full control of your facilities - or not!

Very embarrassing when a small child asks her mother why is that lady snorting!!!
Ján Bryndza
Jun 07, 2012 Ján Bryndza rated it it was amazing
Fantastic fun read!! All written through emails of main character Coco Pichard. The email format could have been difficult to carry off, but the author uses it to excellent advantage. Coco's life brought smiles to my face and made me laugh like how I never thought I would with a book. Excellent read.
Susan Hampson
Feb 18, 2016 Susan Hampson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh what a super treat this book is. Coco Pinchard should be enjoying life, married, a grown up son and her first book written and published, but life is never what you expect it to be. When Coco receives an i phone at Xmas, from her husband, her life is about to take a dive. The story is told through emails that she sends from her new phone.
Robert Bryndza's humour works a dream. There is quite an innocence in the emails that is both endearing to the character of Coco and hilarious at the same t
Kahlan23
Jan 14, 2014 Kahlan23 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tie-z-knižnice, 2014
tak toto ma fakt dostalo a prekvapilo. nečakala som moc a dostala som veľa. smiala som sa od začiatku do konca.

etela rules =D
Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp
I do not even know where to start because I do not want to post too many spoilers. I have so many pieces of the book rolling through my head and I am laughing just thinking about them! There were a few things that I had to look up but after I did, I just laughed some more and went back to reading.

Coco Pinchard is a hilarious character that anyone can relate too. She is still fairly young at 40-something, an author, and has a grown son who is gay. She lives in London and the story is full of Brit
Redfox5
Jan 29, 2015 Redfox5 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first 5 star read in 2015. And no it probably won't win any snobby book awards but it made me laugh out loud and that's good enough for me. Normally when I find something funny in a book, I do this weird little laugh, which my boyfriend always mimics. But no weird little laugh with Coco, just full on giggles.

You can't not like Coco, she's funny. Though she doesn't mean to be. And I love email format, very 'Holly's Inbox'. The supporting characters are all great. The story is not original b
Mayda
Jul 10, 2013 Mayda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, kindle-books
You think you’ve got problems? Trust me, they are nothing compared to what Coco Pinchard has! And how the author of this marvel manages to achieve such a level of hilarity while Coco goes from one disaster to another is the mark of true creative genius. The first of a three book series, this novel, told totally in entertaining emails, is laugh-out-loud funny. Coco, to her dismay, discovers that the truth does not always set you free. In fact, if you say disparaging things about a beloved talk sh ...more
Heather Adkins
Jan 15, 2013 Heather Adkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was by far one of the funniest books I've read in the past year. Very 'Bridget Jones' but less stuffy and more 'Sex and the City' meets crazy family.

I adored the email format. Not being able to read Coco's 'incoming' emails made reading her outgoing messages all the funnier. As much as I loved Coco herself, my fave character was Rosencrantz.

I hope there's gonna be a second book!! I'd love to see what happens next.
Books and Authors UK
The story of Coco Pinchard and her family is told entirely through emails. After downloading this book I wasn’t too sure whether I’d enjoy it because of the style, but I’m glad to say that I do. The story is hilarious and very interesting.

Coco Pinchard is a forty something aspiring bestselling author who is already published but, experiences a few knock backs along the way. With the help of her family and friends via a ton of emails, this level of support helps her to get through some hard time
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

The Not So Secret Emails of Coco Pinchard is the first book from Robert Bryndza to feature the titular character, a forty something year old wife, mother and new author. It's Christmas and Coco is hosting the annual family lunch which includes her husband Daniel, who is late to the festivities, her near-adult son, Rosencranzt, David's mother, Ethel, and his sister and her husband, Meryl and Tony.

Related via a series of emails largely from Coco to her best friends, Chris, a wealthy trust fund ba
Mark
Jan 20, 2013 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having been introduced to this book by the author himself, I really wanted to love this book, but unfortunately I can't quite go so far. Firstly, I doubt very much that, at a few years older than Coco herself, I really fall into the target audience. My technological gadgetry is very much on an "as necessary" basis. I don't have an e-reader, since I don't have wi-fi, (and much prefer the feel of a real book, especially an old one with previous owners names and addresses, etc. inscribed in the fly ...more
Lisa
Jul 03, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
First off although asked to read and review this book by the author as soon as I read the blurb I new instantly that this would be just the sort of book I would love and I wasn't wrong. It would be far too easy to compare it to Bridget Jones Diary but this is the first time since then I have laughed so hard at a book.
Again it would be too easy to compare the two and in my opinion this was so much better

If this was my life I would probably crawl up into a ball somewhere and cry but Coco doesn't g
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
I was looking for something fun to read after finishing my last book. I can across another of Robert Bryndza's books which I found out was book 3 in the series, so I went to inspect what the other 2 was to find out that I had them already.

So the story line centres around emails from Coco Pinchard to her ex husband, her lover, her 2 best friends, her son and other people. It tells of her life from just before Christmas to September/October that year. The delights that go on and sometimes the laug
Jan 20, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Third book of my holiday reads.

What a wonderfully funny and heartwarming book this is. Absolutely loved it. Really enjoyed reading Coco's emails and getting an insight into her life. Coco is just a fabulous character as is Ethel her ever embarrassing mother in law.

Can't recommend this book highly enough, especially if your after a book that will brighten up your day. Can't wait to read the next one.
Jonathan Hill
Dec 21, 2014 Jonathan Hill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this a complete joy from start to finish. Told via emails from the delightfully named Coco Pinchard, such a lot is packed into this novel. It’s light, undemanding and terribly funny. I normally read much darker material but I now realise there’s room for Coco in my reading schedule!

On contemplating why this book works so well - apart from the impressively high laughter count - I realised it’s because I love the characters. From the dreadful (but hilarious) mother-in-law, Ethel, to the ‘
Elaine
Nov 18, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing
It did take me a while to get into the hang of it - one sided emails and all the peopls names but once i got into the swing of it i really enjoyed it. I was always looking for time to read it and enjoyed it more and more.

The drama was great, it was just one thing after the other. If it was me i woudl have hibernated about January and never to be seen again, but she just kept going and going even though the bad stuff just kept coming.

I did get a few funny looks on the train when reading my kind
Victoria
Jul 21, 2013 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was funny, real laugh out loud stuff.
Coco is a witty, chaotic writer. Her novel has been slammed because of some unfortunate comments she made during an interview. All copies have been recalled and are going for destruction. Her agent has dropped her and life seems pretty rubbish. Then it gets worse, she finds her husband in bed (her bed) with a young, pretty actress.
We take a look in to Coco's life via her emails to her best friends, her teenage son and her (ex) husband.
Coco's life has
Leslie
Feb 21, 2013 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway!

I knew I would enjoy this book. What initially attracted me to this book was the cover, and although they say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, it worked out this time.

If I were Coco, I would fall apart at the seams, but Coco doesn't give you the opportunity to feel sorry for her or pity her. She just gets back up and puts herself back into her crazy life. Her friends definitely helped her out.
This book made me want to check everything I write to m
Kirsty Wenn
Jan 20, 2015 Kirsty Wenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book from start to finish! The characters were all loveable (except Daniel, you'll see why). There were many funny moments in this book and so much happening that I didn't want to put it down. I highly recommend Coco if you're looking for a deliciously funny and entertaining read.
Dorlana
Feb 22, 2013 Dorlana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a good time, read: “The Not So Secret Emails of Coco Pinchard.” It is quirky, funny, unique, and smart. I’m usually not a fan of diary-type books or even books written in first person, but this book changed my mind. I don’t remember ever laughing so much while reading a book.
Even though the last 20% of the book seemed to lose its spunk, and the main character, Coco, just kind of coasted without a real direction, it was still well worth the read. Fun!
Chris
Jul 01, 2013 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Laugh-out-loud funny novel, told completely in the emails from Coco Pinchard, British author of a satirical novel called Chasing Diana Spencer, to her friends, family members, and agent. Coco's "voice" is distinct and hilarious. Bryndza uses the sequencing of her emails to great effect. The ending is a little too neatly wrapped but, by that time, Coco has earned a happy ending!
Dawn rizzi
I will say that I am glad I didn't give up. The first 30 emails of this book confused the hell out of me. There was no introduction to the characters so I was very lost but I am now in the thick of it and loving it. Email format books happen to be one of my favorite reads. Finally finished and will say that I loved it enough that I am going to read the follow up.
Elaine Miller
Nov 19, 2013 Elaine Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, fiction
It took me a little time to get used to the format, it's told through a series of emails, and to get the characters straight but once I did I really enjoyed this book. I liked that the funny situations and characters felt real rather than over-the-top silly. I know some of these people! Looking forward to the continuing adventures of Coco.
Rache
Aug 16, 2014 Rache rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a short review because I don't want to waste time not reading the second book. Hilarious. Marvellous. I loved it so much that I took tiny excerpts from the book and sent it to my friends because I'm trying to encourage everyone and anyone to read it. If you don't laugh at Robert's writing, you're very clearly dead inside
Katya
Jun 26, 2013 Katya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this! It truly was a funny, feel-good, romantic comedy and I thought telling the story thru email/texts was brilliant. Also a fan of how it ended: with a definite ending, not "must read the sequel to find out what happened".
Letitia
Oct 03, 2013 Letitia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the story and the characters were well written. Loved the email format. A bit hard to put down... just one more email, and then another. A great deal at 99 cents on kindle.
NenaLopez
Jun 26, 2013 NenaLopez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved every page of this book, wished it were longer. Great characters and story. Would love to see it as a movie!
Steph
Jul 30, 2015 Steph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again this author produces a story that is hu and and honest, but charming and absolutely readable at the same time. This book is charming, endearing and silly. I loved it.
It's the story of Coco and her failed marriage, her initially failing career and her relationships with her friends, her son, her husband and his family.
There are amazingly funny parts, heartbreaking moments and charmingly sweet moments.

Coco is the luckiest woman in the world to be surrounded by such supportive people.

I da
  • When Girlfriends Make Choices
  • Cocktail Hour
  • The Case of the Missing Boyfriend
  • Sealed with a Kiss
  • The Spice of Life
  • The Seven Steps to Closure
  • Still Waters
  • Stiletto Safari (Stiletto Series, #1)
  • The Reverse Commute
  • Reinventing Claire
  • Good Girls
  • The Shortcut
  • Kismetology
  • Round Robin
  • Flings and Arrows
  • Nancy's Theory of Style
  • Smart Mouth Waitress (Life in Saltwater City, #2)
  • Knowing Me Knowing You
Robert Bryndza is the author of the international #1 bestseller The Girl In The Ice.

The Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestseller is the first in the new Detective Erika Foster series. The second book, The Night Stalker has just been published.

In addition to writing Crime Fiction, Rob has published a bestselling series of romantic comedy novels. He is British and lives in Slovakia with his Slo
More about Robert Bryndza...

Coco Pinchard (3 books)
  • Coco Pinchard's Big Fat Tipsy Wedding (Coco Pinchard, #2)
  • Coco Pinchard, The Consequences Of Love And Sex (Coco Pinchard #3)

“TO:rosencrantzpinchard@gmai.com: Something's wrong! The house is shaking!

TO:rosencrantzpinchard@gmail.com: Well can you turn down the volume on Star Trek:Voyager? I thought we were having an earthquake when the Enterprise hit Warp speed. Why did you let me sleep until nearly one?”
7 likes
“Thursday 1st January 00:15
TO: chris@christophercheshire.com
Fireworks from the London Eye are bursting above my head filling the garden with reds, yellows and blues, but I am on my own. I don’t know where Daniel is. He promised he would be home by eleven.
Happy New Year x”