Start by marking “Tell It To The Marine (1 Night Stand, Always A Marine, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tell It To The Marine (1 Night Stand, Always A Marine, #3)

Tell It To The Marine (Always a Marine #3)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  21 reviews
PFC James Westwood isn’t a typical Marine. As a clinical psychologist, he recognizes his band of brothers needs a helping hand after their return home from the war. When his boss, Captain Dexter, encourages him to sign up for the 1Night Stand dating service, Westwood committed himself. What did he have to lose?

The last thing he expected was a date with screen goddess Laure
ebook
Published (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tell It To The Marine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell It To The Marine

April
Cover Art – Damn that’s hot!! You have my attention!

My Review - I am thoroughly enjoying this series! The writing is great and the story is meaningful. Not your typical wham bam thank you ma’am! It is refreshing to read a naughty book that has a great tale and steamy scenes at the end. I have to go pick up the rest of the books ASAP!
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Sarah's Review:
This story is in the running for my favorite of the series. I love the every thing about this story. The main characters, the interaction with the secondary characters, and the way Ms. Long tells this story made me fall in love with a certain character who wouldn't leave my head for months.

We meet James, Mike's Place psychologist, while he is in session with Matt, a resident at Mike's Place. The way James interacted with Matt drew me in and I couldn't put it down. You could feel
Denise~The Procrastinating Book Diva~

A little too much psycho babble, but overall a pretty decent read.
Michelle
Oh yum! I love the slow build up of the whole novella. It allows us to read more about the characters' personalities, which I really appreciate. (Because I'm not a big fan of characters jumping at each other straight away the moment they met).

The novella starts with a troubled man seeking the help of our main character James Westwood, who is a psychologist. James signed up for the 1Night Stand Service and imagine his surprise when he sees movie star Lauren Kincaid. I really salute her agent for
Melissa
Tell it to the Marine is a stunning tale of love and redemption. Heather Long writes amazing stories about real people who have flaws but are learning to get past them. Tell it to the Marine is the thrird book in the Always a Marine series but is a read alone story. You don’t have to have read the others to enjoy it, although I highly recommend it. Ms. Long is a fantastic storyteller.
James Westwood was a Marine and now he’s a psychologist helping his fellow soldiers adjust to the world they lef
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I hate to say it but I did not like this novella at all. In fact it was my least favorite in the Always a Marine series. It was just so slow. It just dragged on and on and I never felt any real connection between the James and Lauren. Their story just seemed too convoluted and far fetched.

James is a PFC who also happens to work as a clinical psychologist at Mike's Place. He cares about the work he does helping rehabilitate fellow Marine's when
Sabine Honig
The 1 Night Stand series is made up of a series of short novellas that are bound together by one thing – the matchmaking services of a certain Madame Evangeline. These novellas are about lots of different people who all have one thing in common, they are looking for love, a connection to someone, if not forever, then just for a night. Sometimes they get what they want but more often than not they find more than they ever hoped for!

Tell it to The Marine by Heather Long is book three in the series
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Another 1 Night Stand and a fantasy come to life. Military psychologist goes on his date and ends up face to face with the woman that has starred in his fantasies, literally. A celebrity. Lauren was convinced by her agent to use the dating service to find someone normal not after her money or using her.

This is one of those "sparks right away" and "love at first sight" type stories and I find I don't enjoy those as much as others. However, this was more o
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

An inactive Marine (never former - once a Marine, always a Marine) meets a Hollywood siren. A match made in heaven? Absolutely.

James Westwood, a psychologist helping to treat his Marine buddies in adjusting to life after battle, signs up for the 1Night Stand service along with the rest of his unit. When he realizes his date is none other than Lauren Kincaid, the beautiful actress he's had a secret crush on for years, he doesn't think
Jennifer Crump
The 1Night Stand Series has another great story on its line up. I really enjoy the 1NS series especially the Always A Marine sub-series. The characters, James and Lauren, are set on the 1Night Stand date and find instant chemistry. They find in each other what has been missing in their lives and relationships for some time. James is a Marine Psychologist and is doing the date for his men. Showing them that they can still be apart of society and meet people. Lauren is set up through her agent, so ...more
ツ Renée
This was a nice story. Not a blazing heat, but a slow simmer.

I liked the maturity and sophistication of James and Lauren. They had great chemistry – it was nice to see them connect.

I’m really looking forward to Matt’s story. His pain and sadness left me unsettled and I’m squirming in anticipation for his happy ending.
Jen
I really liked this third installment in the "Always a Marine" series of novellas by Heather Long! ^.^ "Tell It to the Marine" was sweet, telling the tale of James, a psychologist and former Marine working in "Mike's Place" (fans of the first two books will be familiar with it) and Lauren, a famous actress wanting something "more".

This is another quick read that packs some oomph, though, I will admit that the ending had me a tad skeptical but hey, that's probably just the cynic in me (but I'm a
This was another great short story!! These characters are my favorite of this series so far! I enjoyed that we got a bit of info about the previous characters as well.

*EDIT* After reading Her Marine, this book is my 2nd favorite of the series! (8/11/12 @ 6:56pm EST)

UPDATED REVIEW HERE
Darcy
I really liked this one, part of it is because I read out of order and know Matt has found his HEA, the other part is that I was charmed by the couple. I really liked how Lauren talked to Matt and in the process figured out things for herself. The best was the end and how James found out there was more for them.
Nancy
Wonderful and insightful story...go ahead and read it. Then go and get 'What Part of Marine Didn't You Understand?'
You won't be sorry.
Robin
I always love how series continues to bring in new characters but characters from previous stories show up.
Adriana Caceres
This story makes you really want to "Listen" to people not just "hear" them... great book.
Tamara
Really sweet story. I loved Lauren's compassion for Jame's patients and support of his work.
Nina Daguman
Psychiatrist meets a beautiful actress. Pretty awesome.
Evie
Awesome read!!!
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Tanya Kay Ross
Tanya Kay Ross marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
S.l.
S.l. marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Susan Child
Susan Child marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
  • Beneath the Starry Sky (1Night Stand, #70)
  • I'll Be Mated for Christmas (1 Night Stand, #65)
  • Blue Cruise (1 Night Stand, #57)
  • Broken (1NightStand, #100)
  • Forever Bound
  • Sweet Irish Kiss (Irish Kisses, #1)
  • Cinderella Wore Combat Boots (1 Night Stand, #31)
  • Bear It All
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • Coyote Heat (SEALs On Fire #1)
  • Dare Me (1 Night Stand, #111; Steele Brothers Trilogy, #3)
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • Dagger's Edge (SEALs On Fire #2)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Amber Moon (Prides of the Moon, #1)
National bestselling author Heather Long likes long walks in the park, science fiction, superheroes, Marines, and men who aren’t douche bags. She writes snarky women tangled in romance as hot as Texas summertime. From paranormal historical westerns to contemporary military romance, Heather might switch genres, but one thing is true in all of her stories—the characters drive the books. When she’s n ...more
More about Heather Long...
Some Like it Royal (Going Royal, #1) Once Her Man, Always Her Man (Always a Marine, #1; 1Night Stand, #99) Retreat Hell! She Just Got Here (1 Night Stand, Always a Marine, #2) A Marine and a Gentleman (Always a Marine, #9) Her Marine (1 Night Stand, Always a Marine, #5)