Start by marking “Deep Trouble (Goosebumps, #19)” as Want to Read:
Deep Trouble (Goosebumps, #19)

Deep Trouble (Goosebumps #19)

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,892 Ratings  ·  162 Reviews
While visiting his uncle, Dr. Deep, on a tiny Caribbean island, Billy goes exploring underwater, ignoring warnings to stay away from the coral reef, and is stalked by a half-human, half-fish predator.
Published June 16th 1999 by Scholastic Children's Books/Hi (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Trouble

Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Wow, this book was so exciting!

Billy Deep's uncle, Dr. Deep, is a marine biologist. Billy and his little sister Sheena spend every summer in the Caribbean with him on his boat while he does research. This summer the Zoo shows up promising one million dollars to Dr. Deep if he can find them the mermaid that the locals have been talking about for years now.

Billy has already seen a terrifying tentacle monster in the deep. But he has such an active imagination, no one believed him. Now can he prove
David Santos
Sep 18, 2011 David Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps

They say not to judge a book by its cover, well like I have said before. Do not judge a book by its title either! This book did not interest me at all judging by the cover. I think Hammerhead sharks are one of the ugliest creatures to ever walk......I mean swim on the planet. However, the book was better than I had thought.
Billy a curious boy loves the water and looks for adventure, but everytime he jumps in the water something goes after him. (kids, they never seem
Juan
Jan 08, 2009 Juan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like adventures this is the book for you. This book is full of adventure. The setting of the story is on a caribbean island called "Ilandra." This story is about two kids, Billy and Sheena. Billy is twelve and Sheena is ten years old. Billy and Sheena went to the caribbean sea to go spend the summer with their uncle Dr. Deep. They're anchored off a little island called Ilandra and on a boat called the "Cassandra." Billy and Sheena's uncle Dr. Deep is a marine bioligist, he studies tropica ...more
Natalia
Jan 19, 2015 Natalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
En este libro en particular nos encontramos con todo un mundo de las profundidades: sencillos peces, tiburones, rayas, sirenas y hasta monstruos marinos. No da mucho miedo, aunque seguro que los niños se enganchan a la historia, se pegan algún que otro repullo con la de cosas que le pasan a Billy, el valiente protagonista, y se ríen con Sheena, su hermanita metomentodo.

Reseña: http://www.arte-literario.com/2015/01...
Weathervane
Dec 17, 2008 Weathervane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
Billy and Sheena are staying with their uncle "Dr. D." over the summer on his ship. So they end up like, looking for mermaids. Or something.

Billy manages to be continually stupid, all the way up until the end. Going out for a swim, by yourself, in the early morning, in the ocean, is not a good idea! But he never learns.

Sheena is the obligatory annoying little sister who pinches Billy underwater. Yawn.

This book is not about sea monsters. There is a shark (which Billy somehow manages to evade for
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ιδιαίτερα γοητευτικό και μυστηριώδες, με αρκετά ζωντανές περιγραφές και -περιέργως- με μια νότα ρομαντισμού, κάτι που δεν συνηθίζει να διακρίνει τα βιβλία της σειράς αυτής. Μπορεί σε επίπεδο τρόμου να μην πετυχαίνει πολλά, όμως αφηγείται μια ιστορία με νεύρο και δράση που διαβάζεται απνευστί.
Nikki May
Apr 30, 2015 Nikki May rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hami
Sep 04, 2014 Hami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marts  (Thinker)
Out in the Caribbean Sea on a boat with your scientfically inclined uncle, his unusual assistant, and your know-it-all sister. You explore an island, a reef, a lagoon; you're circled by a shark, saved by a mermaid, attacked by a group of bad guys, and then you encounter a sea monster...

What better ocean adventure do you want, gooosebumps fans would definitely enjoy this one!
Abbyc
Feb 05, 2011 Abbyc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished the book today!!!!!!!!!! I liked it a lot more than the other goosebumps book i read. I was so surprised that they didn't drown when the kidnappers locked them into a fish tank and threw them into the ocean.
Jessica
Jul 14, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Trent Searles
The book I read was Deep Trouble. This book is about a boy and his sister and uncle in the middle of the ocean and their uncle is a scientist. They get a call from a zoo and they say there is a mermaid near them and they will pay big for it.

My opinion on this book is that it started off a hole different way the book should be but then it starts to make sense and then book was really good.

I would recommend this book to people who like to swim and love to ocean and who believe in myths.
Larry
Jun 24, 2015 Larry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hi I think that this book deep tribe is a very good book to read as it is recommended for children and adults to read. This book is a useful book because of the language feature such as miss direction, verbs, adverbs and much more. I decided to read this book because on the back of the book it had a lot of description in it. My favirate carictor is billy he was one of the best and main characters in their.
Natalie
Apr 30, 2015 Natalie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Another great goosebumps Book I have loved this book since I was a kid recently started picking them up again and I never read this one when I was younger so decided to do it as a friend of mine wanted to do in the buddy read so thought why not
I will like to Billy I love the first chapter is imagination was great how he was attending to be a scuba-dive Billy overheard something he wasn't supposed to hear one of his uncles conversations they were talking about catching the mermaid so Billy's deci
J.N.
Jul 03, 2013 J.N. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of R.L. Stine since I was in the fourth grade. I'm not sure that will ever change. Even though Goosebumps are below my reading level now, I still sometimes find them enjoyable. I read Deep Trouble because it was one that I never got to read. I think that even if I had read it when I was younger, I still would have had the same overall opinion of it.

I love underwater stories. That was another reason I decided to give this a try. It had a good start, but I felt Billy was an annoy
Alesha Wi
1- A book about survival.
2- I decided to read this book because i had no other books to read at the time.
3- I liked how the book involved sharks :D it was pretty weird when he introduced himself as someone he wasn't but haha it was pleasent to read.
4- I didn't like how there wasnt as much details in the book as i thought there would be and how there was less charactors but too many for the sceen they placed it in if that makes sense?
5- i would recommend this book to people who love thrillers.
Erin (Paperbackstash) *Proud Book Hoarder*
For a Goosebumps book, this was especially cute. Riddled with too many false scares where something grabs his leg in the water (this kid, geez), it still remained level enough in pacing and didn't overindulge in melodrama as much as some of the others. The twist of adding the possibility of mermaids was a good one. Stine even entered a little twist of a betrayal among their little group. For kids this is a fun adventure exploring different obstacles of the water, which is a mystery for any age.
T
Oct 23, 2011 T rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the books that i would spend hours and hours to read, but this is also the books that in some parts it doesn't really hook you in and make you tired of reading it. In some parts it really hooks you so i kept reading. The main character in this book is interesting because he likes everything that is underwater and he loves discovering creatures under water, but he hates the water. Over all this book is really good and i recommend it to the people that likes adventure.
Tressa Mackley
Sep 27, 2013 Tressa Mackley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-1
I thought that the book deep trouble was a little scary at parts but it had some cool, and amazing parts to. Deep trouble is about a boy and his sister who on there uncles boat for the summer. The boys uncle study's sharks in the ocean. The boy runs into some trouble while on the boat. The book has several exciting points in it. The book makes you want to keep reading, and find out what happens next. The book is exciting, thrilling, and suspenseful I recommend reading it.
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Deep Trouble
Series: Goosebumps #19
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

What is it with RL Stine and the name Billy? Or are there just a lot of Americans called Billy?

I don't know. Anyways...

Billy is on holiday with his uncle and sister, diving underwater, staying on a boat, all types of fun sea related activities...until he finds a monster. An actual sea monster that seems to be half human...But would anyone believe him? But he knows, to k
Chralexandtopher Fleaffaeler
First off, the book Deep Trouble I By R.L. Stine is a great book for anyone enjoying a good scream or two! I personally like the Author R. L. Stine because of the enticement he puts after reading each chapter, as it only leads for you read another! Another great thing about this book is how the style of writing done by R.L. Stine simply just intertwines you into the story as if you were right there when it all happened!

R.L. Stine has this book set in the middle of the Caribbean Sea where two yo
Veronica Ika
Jul 24, 2015 Veronica Ika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
This time, Goosebumps presents an adventure on waters.

Billy and Sheena always spend their holiday on board of Cassandra, a ship owned by their scientist uncle, Dr. D, who is on a mission to find a new water species. One afternoon, while adventurous Billy exploring the reef and the lagoon near the ship, a shark attacks him. Fortunately, he is saved by no other than the new species that Dr. D looks for, a mermaid!

However, it seems all adults around him want the mermaid for their own advantages, a
Angela
Mar 10, 2010 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the plot of this book. Two kids go to see on their uncle's ship and get into some deep trouble. The story unfolds as they search for the truth. Read the book and find out what happens.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Wow. :)

Just wow.. I have totally missed R.L. Stine!

This didn't scare me much, but it was a really nice adventure. Mermaids and sea monsters.

Worth the time and effort!
Nice one!
Jessie
Jan 10, 2016 Jessie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bahamas
Billy and Sheena find themselves in "deep trouble" when they swim to a reef that their uncle told them to avoid.
Alicia
Feb 07, 2009 Alicia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was bored in the library so I started reading this book. It was okay for a little kids book.
Afnan Hafiz
Oct 10, 2014 Afnan Hafiz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and scary!
Rea
Jan 29, 2015 Rea rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, childrens
I loved the Goosebumps books as a child. My father would read them outloud to me and my brother every night. We had quite the collection of books in the series! We have no diea where they all ended up when we moved country, but that's another story.

However, going back to these books as an adult was actually quite painful. I read this particular book while on holiday in the Maldives, where I spent most of my day every day in the sea snorkling or diving. I chose this book because it was the second
Dustin Spencer
Aug 22, 2015 Dustin Spencer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll admit, I wasn't sure I really wanted to read this one, but since my goal to read every Goosebumps(at least in the original 64 books) I read it and LOVED it.
I think what I liked about it is that we sort of get a different monster than normal, you get a showdown with a shark, but that is only part of story, the real monster is something more close to us humans than we may like to think. I liked the characters, I liked how we got mermaids, and I like how we saw a change in the characters. This
Theresa
Once again, I am surprised at the lack of scary. The scariest part is when the hammerhead is circling him(the cover) and it has nothing to do with the story really.

Billy and his sister are with their uncle and a marina zoo offers them a million dollars if the find a mermaid. Which Billy does when she rescues him.

Seems a recurring theme in these books is that a secondary character betrays them. Bad guys show up and do some very deplorable things.

In the end everyone recues each other and all is we
YA Buddy Readers'...: Deep Trouble (Goosebumps #19) by R.L. Stine - Starting April 30th 2015 16 10 Apr 30, 2015 04:31AM
Fairytale likewise 3 11 Mar 16, 2014 10:24PM
  • The Suspicion (Animorphs, #24)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)