Start by marking “Deep Trouble (Goosebumps, #19)” as Want to Read:
Deep Trouble (Goosebumps, #19)

Deep Trouble (Goosebumps #19)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  4,283 ratings  ·  130 reviews
While visiting his uncle, Dr. Deep, on a tiny Caribbean island, Billy goes exploring underwater, ignoring warnings to stay away from the coral reef, and is stalked by a half-human, half-fish predator.
Published June 16th 1999 by Scholastic Children's Books/Hi (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Trouble

Carmen
Sep 27, 2014 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Shelves: children, horror, fiction
Wow, this book was so exciting!

Billy Deep's uncle, Dr. Deep, is a marine biologist. Billy and his little sister Sheena spend every summer in the Caribbean with him on his boat while he does research. This summer the Zoo shows up promising one million dollars to Dr. Deep if he can find them the mermaid that the locals have been talking about for years now.

Billy has already seen a terrifying tentacle monster in the deep. But he has such an active imagination, no one believed him. Now can he prove
David Santos

They say not to judge a book by its cover, well like I have said before. Do not judge a book by its title either! This book did not interest me at all judging by the cover. I think Hammerhead sharks are one of the ugliest creatures to ever walk......I mean swim on the planet. However, the book was better than I had thought.
Billy a curious boy loves the water and looks for adventure, but everytime he jumps in the water something goes after him. (kids, they never seem
Juan
If you like adventures this is the book for you. This book is full of adventure. The setting of the story is on a caribbean island called "Ilandra." This story is about two kids, Billy and Sheena. Billy is twelve and Sheena is ten years old. Billy and Sheena went to the caribbean sea to go spend the summer with their uncle Dr. Deep. They're anchored off a little island called Ilandra and on a boat called the "Cassandra." Billy and Sheena's uncle Dr. Deep is a marine bioligist, he studies tropica ...more
Natalia-al
En este libro en particular nos encontramos con todo un mundo de las profundidades: sencillos peces, tiburones, rayas, sirenas y hasta monstruos marinos. No da mucho miedo, aunque seguro que los niños se enganchan a la historia, se pegan algún que otro repullo con la de cosas que le pasan a Billy, el valiente protagonista, y se ríen con Sheena, su hermanita metomentodo.

Reseña: http://www.arte-literario.com/2015/01...
Hami
Marts  (Thinker)
Out in the Caribbean Sea on a boat with your scientfically inclined uncle, his unusual assistant, and your know-it-all sister. You explore an island, a reef, a lagoon; you're circled by a shark, saved by a mermaid, attacked by a group of bad guys, and then you encounter a sea monster...

What better ocean adventure do you want, gooosebumps fans would definitely enjoy this one!
Abbyc
I finished the book today!!!!!!!!!! I liked it a lot more than the other goosebumps book i read. I was so surprised that they didn't drown when the kidnappers locked them into a fish tank and threw them into the ocean.
Jessica
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Weathervane
Billy and Sheena are staying with their uncle "Dr. D." over the summer on his ship. So they end up like, looking for mermaids. Or something.

Billy manages to be continually stupid, all the way up until the end. Going out for a swim, by yourself, in the early morning, in the ocean, is not a good idea! But he never learns.

Sheena is the obligatory annoying little sister who pinches Billy underwater. Yawn.

This book is not about sea monsters. There is a shark (which Billy somehow manages to evade for
J.N.
I have been a fan of R.L. Stine since I was in the fourth grade. I'm not sure that will ever change. Even though Goosebumps are below my reading level now, I still sometimes find them enjoyable. I read Deep Trouble because it was one that I never got to read. I think that even if I had read it when I was younger, I still would have had the same overall opinion of it.

I love underwater stories. That was another reason I decided to give this a try. It had a good start, but I felt Billy was an annoy
Alesha Wi
1- A book about survival.
2- I decided to read this book because i had no other books to read at the time.
3- I liked how the book involved sharks :D it was pretty weird when he introduced himself as someone he wasn't but haha it was pleasent to read.
4- I didn't like how there wasnt as much details in the book as i thought there would be and how there was less charactors but too many for the sceen they placed it in if that makes sense?
5- i would recommend this book to people who love thrillers.
T
This is one of the books that i would spend hours and hours to read, but this is also the books that in some parts it doesn't really hook you in and make you tired of reading it. In some parts it really hooks you so i kept reading. The main character in this book is interesting because he likes everything that is underwater and he loves discovering creatures under water, but he hates the water. Over all this book is really good and i recommend it to the people that likes adventure.
Tressa Mackley
I thought that the book deep trouble was a little scary at parts but it had some cool, and amazing parts to. Deep trouble is about a boy and his sister who on there uncles boat for the summer. The boys uncle study's sharks in the ocean. The boy runs into some trouble while on the boat. The book has several exciting points in it. The book makes you want to keep reading, and find out what happens next. The book is exciting, thrilling, and suspenseful I recommend reading it.
Jerome
A satisfying, well-written, and more introspective Goosebumps tale than usual, with a surprising amount of action. Billy and his sister Sheena are spending time with their oceanographer uncle (who goes by the unlikely name of Dr. Deep). One day, Billy encounters a mermaid that saves his life, but Deep plans to capture it for the zoo. Although the kids object, another member of the boat’s crew soon gets his own ideas about what to do with the mermaid.

This book wasn’t really “scary” in a conventio
Angela
I liked the plot of this book. Two kids go to see on their uncle's ship and get into some deep trouble. The story unfolds as they search for the truth. Read the book and find out what happens.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Wow. :)

Just wow.. I have totally missed R.L. Stine!

This didn't scare me much, but it was a really nice adventure. Mermaids and sea monsters.

Worth the time and effort!
Nice one!
Jessie
Billy and Sheena find themselves in "deep trouble" when they swim to a reef that their uncle told them to avoid.
Christy
Jan 01, 2015 Christy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody who wants good scare
I wasn't sure at first if this book would get a five star or a four. I was glad of the ending which bumped the rating up. R.L. Stine took on the mermaids this time, which are one of my favorites. I was glad that he didn't take it in a negative direction with them.

Billy and his sister Sheena are visiting their Uncle George Deep aka Dr. D. They are on Casandra, Dr. D's boat off a tiny island called Ilandra, near the Caribbean sea. Dr. D is a scientist and he loves being at sea. Every summer Billy
Alicia
I was bored in the library so I started reading this book. It was okay for a little kids book.
Afnan Hafiz
Hilarious and scary!
Rea
I loved the Goosebumps books as a child. My father would read them outloud to me and my brother every night. We had quite the collection of books in the series! We have no diea where they all ended up when we moved country, but that's another story.

However, going back to these books as an adult was actually quite painful. I read this particular book while on holiday in the Maldives, where I spent most of my day every day in the sea snorkling or diving. I chose this book because it was the second
JJ
Sep 24, 2007 JJ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: R.L. Stine Fans
Shelves: goosebumps, fantasy
good ocean book
Jay
Deep Trouble is an interesting Goosebumps book. It is so different in style from earlier stories. Mainly, the villains are not monsters but the humans. The basic story is a brother and sister are spending the Summer on their uncle's boat. Dr. D is approached by the zoo in hopes that he can find a mermaid. They offer him one million dollars. As the story goes on, we see example a heroics, selfishness, violence, and betrayal.

It's great! Aside from the mermaid, this is probably the most realistic G
Irene Bae
I decided to read this book because this book was kind of horror (but
was not at all) and i never read horror book before so i was
interested in it i put this book in " A book written by a male author"
author of this book , R.L.Stine is author of 'Goosebumps' series and
liked to write thrillers and mysteries novels for youn people. I only
have 2 series of goosebumps, the'Deep Trouble' and the 'Ghost Beach'
It was very nail-biting story. it wasn't horrofide but it was very
mystery and very intere
Austin
The title os this book is Deep Trouble, it's written by RL Stine. The genre is horror/suspense, with major excitement. This book is about a boy who imagines himself being a great marine scientist. He finds a sea creature, that every one thinks is a fairy tale creature. But people are after this creature. And there ready to kill. I rated this book four out of five stars for it's suspenseful, keep you up at night excitement. I thought this book was very exiting.
Claire
William Deep, Jr. is a sea monster hunter. He finds a sea monster and manages to fight it off. Then zoo keepers come over to his uncle's ship and tell him that a mermaid has been sighted in the waters. Being an expert sea hunter, William finds it. The mermaid saved his life from a hammerhead shark! This book is thrilling and scary. I loved it! I would give it 4.5 stars. (This review was composed by my 9-year-old son)
Ryan
Angelo
This book is awesome and I really recommend it because there is an amazing word choice, you understand well the characters and the best part of all is that the book is really tense and it always makes you want to read more. This book has allot of action and the main Character needs to go throw many things before achieving his goal. The setting iOS also very special and makes you imagine the story. RAED IT!!!
Reece Bryant
The book Deep trouble by R.L Stine is about a boy named Billy and his sister Sheena. The genre of the book is horror. The book is about Billy and Sheena on a mission to find a mermaid lurking in the waters around them. I rated the book a four because it was good but i felt that some parts were missing. Overall the book was great and I recommend it to people that like horror and mystery.
Alishia
As far as children books go, all the goosebumps books are pretty good (as a kid they were my favorite).

This particular one is less of a "scary story" and more of an adventure tale of a boy's search for a notorious sea creature. R.L Stein really does a great job telling a story that will keep a kid's attention with just enough adventure and excitement that is fun for adults too.
Fairytale likewise 3 11 Mar 16, 2014 10:24PM
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Solution (Animorphs, #22)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)