Start by marking “The Revolt on Venus” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Revolt on Venus

Carey Rockwell
Read Book* *Different edition

The Revolt on Venus (Tom Corbett, Space Cadet #5)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  5 reviews
THE REVOLT ON VENUS is the fifth in the Tom Corbett, Space Cadet series of books.

For the young cadets of the famous Space Academy Polaris unit a month's leave would seem to be a perfect time for rest. But they have other ideas when they plan a trip to the jungles of Venus. There they hope to hunt the most terrifying of all big game––the mighty Tyrannosaurus Rex!
Published by Book Jungle (first published 1954)

To ask other readers questions about The Revolt on Venus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Revolt on Venus

Everett Jr.
This was perhaps the first science fiction book I read and I was hooked. After that I read more of the Tom Corbet series, Tom Swift series as well as Asimov, Heinlen, Clark, Norton, and many others.
Everett Jr.
A little dated but good entertainment. I read this book when I was about ten and this series got me interested in the space program. I have been a part of the space program ever since.
Norman Cook
A solid YA space opera. What young boy wouldn't love to read about hunting dinosaurs on Venus? But the emphasis is really on politics--politics that are a little heavy-handed--why is the space federation so hell-bent on suppressing secession? If the secessionist leader wasn't such a crazy jerk, there really was no reason not to let Venus be independent.
Craig
The intrepid trio of Tom, Roger, and Astro, crew of The Polaris, are headed for a well-earned vacation on Venus to hunt tyrannosaurus in the jungle, but their plans go awry when they're taken prisoner by rebels. It's one of the best books in the series, as I recall, and very nicely illustrated.
Norman Howe
Another solid Space Opera.
George Kraft
George Kraft marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Marcha Fox
Marcha Fox marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Max Raymond
Max Raymond marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Anthony Patten
Anthony Patten marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Ryan Atwood
Ryan Atwood marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The name Carey Rockwell was a pseudonym used by Grosset & Dunlap. It is unknown who wrote the books, or even if there was only one writer. It is interesting to note, however, that while much of the content was original, a number of scenes and plot points were taken from the television series of the same name.
More about Carey Rockwell...

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet (9 books)
  • Stand by for Mars!
  • Danger in Deep Space
  • On The Trail Of The Space Pirates: A Tom Corbett Space Cadet Adventure (Volume 3)
  • The Space Pioneers
  • Treachery in Outer Space
  • Sabotage in Space
  • The Robot Rocket
  • Tom Corbett, Space Cadet! Collection, Volume One
Stand by for Mars! Danger in Deep Space Tom Corbett, Space Cadet! Collection, Volume One On The Trail Of The Space Pirates: A Tom Corbett Space Cadet Adventure (Volume 3) The Space Pioneers