For the Love of Money

For the Love of Money

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  1,604 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Tracy Ellison, the sizzling heroine of the bestselling Flyy Girl, returns in this razor-sharp sequel from acclaimed author Omar Tyree.
From hard-knocks Philly to glamorous Hollywood, Tracy Ellison has truly walked the walk. Now twenty-eight years old and a major movie star, the original Flyy Girl is returning to her East Coast roots. As Tracy reconnects with friends, she se...more
Published August 7th 2001 by Simon & Schuster (first published January 28th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Love of Money

Shante
I was so disappointed with this sequel! It was hard to follow. Mr. Tyree should have left well enough alone.
Terry
This was to have been the sequel to Flyy Girl...NOT! I bearly recognized the flyy girl in this book from the original. I think that too many years passed by the author before attempting to follow up. It was a big let down for me. I struggled to get through it, so much is that I laid it down for about a year and forced myself to finish in hopes it would get bettering the end. I honestly read this sequel to complete the series.
Ashely Nicole
I give this book 3 stars ONLY because I hated the fact that I had to make myself get through it, thinking it would get better. It wasn't what I expected to come after the amazing Flyy Girl. However, I LOVED all the wonderful poetry. I do have to give Mr. Tyree his props for his amazing ability to from a woman's perspective. Amazingly talented :)
Destiny
I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I read the reviews for this book and thought, maybe it's not that bad. I enjoyed Flyy Girl and wanted to know what happened to Tracy and Victor. I was very disappointed in this sequel. It was an okay book. Flyy Girl was definitely better. I listened to the audiobook and didn't care for the tone of the book. It didn't capture my attention at all. The best part was when Tracy met back up with Victor. I was glad taht Tracy was able to move on w...more
Alisa
Alexandra Nieves
This book is something like a continuation of a book I read earlier in the year called “Flyy Girl” by Omar Tyree. Tracy is no longer a little girl she is now twenty eight years old and doing it big. She’s not going around having sex and selling drugs anymore, she moved onto bigger and better things. Tracy is now a big movie star, she starts talking to her friends again and seems to get closer to her family. She’s trying to get over her past which wasn’t so great. She’s making big cash in Hollywo...more
Kailyn Santiago
I LIKE THIS BOOK ALOT BECAUSE IT GAVE ME ALOT TO LEARN WHEN I GROW UP AND I THINK THAT THIS BOOK IS 100 PERCENT GOOD BUT THE ONLY PART I DONT LIKE IS WHEN SHIRRON WENT TO ANTHONY MOM HOUSE AND HIS MOM STARTING ASKING HER ALL TYPES OF QUESTIONS LIKE WHERE SHE FROM AND DID SHE FINISH SCHOOL AND WHEN SHIRRON STOOD SHUT AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO SAY BUT THE ONLY THING THAT CAME TO HER MIND IS THAT SHE WANTED TO LEAVE.
Holli
Must read - a real eye opener
Jada Durham
I love this book so much it reminds me of my best friend because of the story it tells. If you want to read this book you have really good taste.
Brianna Codner
Im so far liking the book. its about a 28 year old woman named Tracy who is a movie star. she is returning back to her hometown and seeing alot of old faces feelings for old friends and past lovers are re-surfacing. i havent gon that far into the book but so far it is pretty intresting and is catching my attension. i hope i will grow to love it when im done with it.
Brittney Wright
this book describes how a normal working germantown high school attender goes to college follows her dream and becomes a screenwriter and actress in one of her own movies while dealing with family crisis and dealing with the official world of BUSINESS!
Patrice
This definitely didn't reach where I thought it would. It had many dry spots for me. I thought it was going to be as great as Flyy Girl, but sadly No. I'm still a fan of Omar Tyree though. This book just didn't do it for me.
Misskittykilpatrick
There is only one word needed to describe this book.....BORING! This book was a major snooze. I think I fell asleep a few times reading this book. In my opinion Flyy Girl did not need a sequel.
Juiceereads
It's been a long to since I read this book... It is the sequel to Flyy Girl by Omar Tyree... I do remember it not being as good but still a pretty good read...
K.F.
I expected some of the events but was really surprised at others. Great read and was glad to see she eventually grew the hell up in her mental decisions
Erika
Did we really need a sequel? Did we? I forced myself to finish reading this book. The only thing I found relevant was Victor and even that was a drag.
Joyanne8f
Mar 29, 2008 Joyanne8f marked it as to-read
I have seen an excerpt for this book in flyy girl by Omar Tyree also. It is the sequel to flyy girl and I hope to get a chance to read it.
Toriann
I would enjoy reading this book just because I have read Flyy girl also by Omar Tyree.So I believe that this book will be even better
Bionca
It wasnt all of that. It is a continuance From Flyy girl And Trayc grows up to become a super star. But the story i s very pointless lmao
Christine
I was so excited when this came out because Fly Girl was very entertaining..after reading this I was very disappointed.
Shiane
Apr 26, 2011 Shiane added it
This was a great sequel. This is the first time I have read a sequel with the same characters. I enjoyed this book very much.
One step at a time
Mar 14, 2008 One step at a time marked it as to-read
I want to read this book. It's the sequel to Flyy Girl, which I liked alot. I want to get a chance to read it.
Joy
I was so pissed when I read this. Flyy Girl was 10 times better, and this was such as disappointment.
Irion
After I read Flyy Girl I was really excited to find this book but it really disappointed me.
Tammy Washington
I don't know if I like how this book goes back and forth in time - but it's a pretty great read.
Joshlyn
May 22, 2008 Joshlyn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Joshlyn by: my aunt
It was ok. I expected it to be better than FLYY GIRL, but it wasnt. It could have been better.
Erika Jules
i think that this book is very interesting but u have to read the first one to understand this one
Aposia
After reading fly girl and then going to this... is just sad I barely got through the book
Glam
Flyy girl is a must read. I read it years ago but is is a classic and it gets *****
Larasha Sallee

tracy has grown up and became a movie star, and doesnt forget where she came from
Vicor and Tracy - who was right or wrong? 2 6 May 23, 2014 06:40PM
  • A Deep Dark Secret
  • Sisters & Lovers
  • Flyy Girl
  • Zane's The Sisters of APF: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick
Omar Tyree, a New York Times best-selling author, a 2001 NAACP Image Award recipient for Outstanding Literature in Fiction, and a 2006 Phillis Wheatley Literary Award winner for Body of Work in Urban Fiction, has published 16 books and has sold nearly 2 million copies worldwide that has generated more than $30 million.
With a degree in Print Journalism from Howard University in 1991, Tyree has bee...more
More about Omar Tyree...