Start by marking “The Dieter” as Want to Read:
The Dieter

The Dieter

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A delightful look at love, marriage, motherhood, friendship and calories--and what they all mean to women. Susan Isaacs has praised The Dieter as "a delightful novel, intelligent, witty, and very moving". Available in mid-January.
Hardcover, Limited First Edition, 299 pages
Published December 31st 1989 by Pocket Books (first published January 1989)

Marci
This is my secret guilty pleasure - the one I keep hidden behind the Kafka and Walker and Plato on the bookshelf. I've read it a dozen times over the years and always enjoy it. It's like a dependable old friend who's not very intellectual but you can have a ton of fun shopping at the mall and going to IHOP with (and who wouldn't know a dangling participle if it hit her in the face). I'll never get rid of this book!
Cynthia
Though I read this book nearly twenty year ago, I recall it is filled with one-liners which sting the intended victim with both accuracy and hilarity. As I flipped through the book to search for such examples, I was pulled into the pages with the same exuberance the main character used to get that last drag from her cigarette.
Christy
Woman loses best friend to cancer,her marriage craps out, she gains weight and makes new friends in the process. I've re-read this book probably a dozen times. You'll laugh and cry at the same time.
Cynthia
I loved the way the author dealt with the subject matter of compulsive eating in order to cover/cope with lack of self esteem. Beautifully done.
Andrea
Recommended by my mom. I rolled my eyes at her, but I read it anyway and loved it.
Amelia
nice book,i even wanted to be on a diet for some time,then i changed my mind :)
Kimberlyn
too depressing, had to put down
Robin Rife
Robin Rife marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Pamela
Pamela added it
Sep 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Audition For Murder Cruising for Murder There's No Such Thing as a Chanukah Bush, Sandy Goldstein Time Off from Good Behavior Young Wives' Tales