Start by marking “Hitchcock's Notebooks:: An Authorized and Illustrated Look Inside the Creative Mind of Alfred Hitchcook” as Want to Read:

From a couple racing across the top of Mount Rushmore to a woman's final shower at an isolated motel, no other filmmaker has given movie fans more unforgettable images or heart-pounding thrills than Alfred Hitchcock. Now you can share in the Master of Suspense's inspiration and development -- his entire creative process -- in Hitchcock's Notebooks.

With the complete coopera
Published April 3rd 2001 by Harper Paperbacks (first published March 9th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Hitchcock's Notebooks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hitchcock's Notebooks

Dan Auiler
Mar 09, 2010 Dan Auiler rated it it was amazing
My second book. This project took an enormous amount of time, but I loved every moment. Harper rushed to publication so there are rough spots and i would love to revisit this one and add new research and correct the infelicities. I wanted filmmakers and Hitchcock fans to get sense of the scope of his talent.
A.B. Ciers
Sep 09, 2014 A.B. Ciers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was given this book, I assumed that it would be yet another over-analytical study of Hitchcock's movies and would contain nothing of real interest to me. However, I was very wrong. This is like cracking open a treasure chest of information for a fan of both Hitchcock and the art of film. It takes us right through the various stages of his film-making process, from developing a concept, to the preview screenings, and we can read about it in his own words thanks to all of the letters, teleg ...more
Bridget Petrella
Mar 06, 2012 Bridget Petrella rated it it was amazing
From a couple desperately racing across the top of Mount Rushmore to a woman's final shower at an isolated motel, no other filmmaker has given movie fans more unforgettable images or heart-pounding thrills than Alfred Hitchcock. Now for the first time, you can finally share in the Master of Suspense's inspiration and articulate development, his entire creative process, his subtle brilliance... in Hitchcock's Notebooks. With the complete cooperation of the Hitchcock estate and unprecedented acces ...more
Joshua Stephen
Mar 25, 2015 Joshua Stephen rated it it was amazing
A great read for anyone interested in studying the creative processes of Alfred Hitchcock.
Sam
Oct 14, 2008 Sam rated it it was amazing
This is less a book you pick up to read as it is a reference or a guide. It's an essential tool to any aspiring filmmaker's bookshelf, filled with completely unfiltered writings and drawings from the master himself. In that regards, as an untouched portal to Alfred Hitchcock's mind, it's absolutely fantastic.
Travis
Aug 05, 2011 Travis rated it really liked it
A great book about one of my favorite film directors of all time. I checked it out form the library and read it in one day. Enjoyed every minute of it.
Dan Auiler
Mar 09, 2010 Dan Auiler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edited but fine French edition of Hitchcock's Notebooks.
Liz
Aug 11, 2008 Liz rated it it was amazing
Worth it for the storyboards alone!
Ron Mohring
Dec 01, 2008 Ron Mohring marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
What a great idea for a book!
Gillian
Gillian is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Add4cp
Add4cp marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Hillary Fountain
Hillary Fountain is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Charlene
Charlene rated it it was ok
May 31, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Sierra D.
Sierra D. marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Stephanie Soltes
Stephanie Soltes rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Cian O'connor
Cian O'connor marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Austin Matthews
Austin Matthews marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Marion Descy
Marion Descy marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Azniv
Azniv marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Tom Getty
Tom Getty rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Haven
Haven added it
Nov 21, 2015
Annie
Annie added it
Nov 13, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Kevin Duncan
Kevin Duncan rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015