Start by marking “Bunnies on Ice” as Want to Read:
Bunnies on Ice

Bunnies on Ice

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  45 reviews

Published January 8th 2013 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Bunnies on Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunnies on Ice

The Dark by Lemony SnicketThat Is Not a Good Idea! by Mo WillemsUnicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great by Bob SheaFlora and the Flamingo by Molly IdleExclamation Mark by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Most Anticipated Picture Books of 2013
71st out of 99 books — 110 voters
Journey by Aaron BeckerThe Dark by Lemony SnicketThe Day the Crayons Quit by Drew DaywaltFlora and the Flamingo by Molly IdleMr. Tiger Goes Wild by Peter  Brown
2014 Mock Caldecott
78th out of 78 books — 206 voters

More lists with this book...

Tasha
This icy read is just right for a very cold winter day, like we have been having here in Wisconsin. One little bunny thinks that she is a champion ice-skater. As a champion, she has to wait for conditions to be just right, even if it means waiting through spring, summer and fall! When the waiting is finally over, she has to eat a big breakfast to prepare. Clothing selection is also important, enough layers to be warm, but not too many. Finally, it is time to skate her adoring fans. She demonstra ...more
Christine Turner
When you're a champion ice-skater, you have to wait for the conditions to be just right. You have to wait through spring. You have to wait through summer. You have to wait through autumn until . . . Finally, as the snow begins to fall, you can show the world just how good you really are! From the author/illustrator of The Secret Circus and Bandits comes one very self-assured young rabbit's first-hand account of the trials and tribulations of being a skating star, with illustrations that will mel ...more
Jessica
I think I need to start a "bunnies" shelf on my goodreads. I actually went to mark this "bunnies" and was surprised that I didn't already have a shelf. Anyway, there isn't too much to say about Bunnies on Ice. It's a cute and colorful little book with painted illustrations. You can see the canvas on the page, which I found really charming. The illustrations had a good amount of detail, enough that a young child won't get too bored of reading it several times. The story is about a young bunny who ...more
Aleece
Bunny is a champion ice-skater and talks about how you have to wait for the right conditions, be prepared, and train a lot in order to be a champion.

Overall this is a really cute story about ice-skating and will be enjoyed by children that like to having fun outside. The illustrations are sweet and portray a dream of becoming a champion. This is a good story for all ages.
Corinne
Cute illustrations. I liked that the girl considers herself a professional skater. Maybe a little cocky though. Cute bunny family.
Scottsdale Public Library
Cool rules for being a skating champion.

- Monty K.
Mckinley
The story is ok, the tone is fun and the illustration are good; the entire thing is lots of fun.
Cara Reads Kids
Daughter likes the bunnies
Nathan
Aug 11, 2014 Nathan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Margy
hella short
Betsy
Personally, this cover didn't "grab" me--if you're in that camp as well, then "don't judge a book by its cover!"

I really like the illustrations in this book and the simple text works well. The illustrations enrich the text significantly by showing us a bit more of the story. A young bunny is narrating the story and tells us that she is a champion ice skater. The illustrations show us just how "champion" she is in reality. Nice progression of story. Great palette.
Green Bean
I picked this up because we had the author/illustrator coming to our store for an event. I was so happy that I actually liked the book. It had a funny story with a great message. The best way I can describe the illustrations is “comforting.” A book is good when you immediately want to tell someone about it! Johanna Wright was a genuinely nice person and she packed the house! We had hot chocolate and everything.
Janet
Nothing like a child imaging that they are extremely good as a skill, in this case it is a bunny imaging being a champion ice skater. Good story with lots of warm relationships with friends and family shown in the illustrations. I especially liked the detail of the rabbits home and oh, yes, "eat a balanced diet" while the rabbit family toasts marshmallows in front of the fireplace.
Lynn
Delightful portrayal of waiting through the seasons for just the right time to skate, this will show youngsters that there are some things we must simply wait for. The second great point of this book is how the bunny portrays herself, but really knows she is not quite the professional skater she wants to be - yet!
Soft illustrations show a warm, supportive family. Lucky bunny.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
In order to ice skate, you must wait for the perfect conditions.

A young rabbit shares how to be a champion ice skater. The first lesson is waiting for the winter - the right conditions. She shares her guidelines as she demonstrates them on the page. Wright shares young rabbit's story through one day of being a champion ice skater.

Reviewed from a library copy.
Karen Arendt
A bunny thinks she is a champion ice skater but the pictures belie her words. She is determined, though, and continues to try even though she has troubles. Her confidence is contagious and will aspire many children to continue to strive for their dreams. The illustrations are full of color and have texture that makes you want to touch the page.
Bethe
#nerdlution day 4. Delightful story of a confident bunny, patiently waiting for ice skating season to begin. Championship bunny support team includes a loving family, hot chocolate, and toasted marshmallows. Love that dad bunny is cooking breakfast and later knitting. Also love the full bookshelves in every room!
Sharon Lawler
Story is told in first person from the point of view of the family ice skating champion. She has to wait for three seasons to pass for perfect ice skating weather, and then.....Lets just say to be a champion skater, one needs a support group, the right food, hot chocolate, and sleep. Great family story!
Great Books
This is a delightful story of a charming bunny who believes she is a "champion" ice skater even if she has not yet mastered all the moves. The beautiful illustrations make this is a wonderful book to share together with some hot chocolate and marshmallows just like the bunnies in the story. Reviewer 11.
Cindy Dobrez
If Twelve Kinds of Ice by Ellen Obed was the perfect tribute to ice skating passion last year, this story is the perfect tribute this year...and for the younger set. I long to own an original picture book piece of art and this book has art that I would love to frame and hang on the wall. Someday...
Cindy
This is a very cute story about a bunny who knows that she is a champion ice skater. She steps you though all the things that a champion should do. The illustrations are very beautiful and add a great deal to the story. I think this would be a great read aloud.
Chechoui
Delightful children's book with beautiful painted illustrations. Depiction of a very cute bunny family with an ice skating daughter rabbit. Fun winter tale perfect for curling up with in the wintertime with hot chocolate. Lots of cute details in their warren home.
Barbara
What a fun book to read to discuss the seasons or winter! Great pen and paint illustrations on canvas lend themselves to a lot of different kinds of disccusions from "What do you see here?" to "What is she doing?" to "Why do you think she did that?"
Mary
A bunny fancies herself a champion figure skater and eagerly awaits the day that she can get out on the ice. Short, sweet story with charming illustrations. A good snuggle-up book in the winter months. Don't forget the hot chocolate!
Carissa
Feb 18, 2015 Carissa added it
Shelves: childrens
I enjoyed the paintings for this book. The canvas texture worked well visually.
Rosalie
This is very simple story about a bunny who thinks that she is a champion skater. The illustrations are so sweet! Sit down with your child or grandchild in a big chair and enjoy this story.
Lindsay
A simpe story featuring a self-confident bunny patiently waiting for winter to show off her skills and give sage advice on being the best ice skater. Wonderful textural illustrations.
Kendra
Very sweet story and perfect for those children preferring a soft and quiet, but still humorous book. Many parents will see their "I'm the best" child in this bunny.
Lorna
Nice wintertime story of a bunny who believes she is a champion skater. A little lesson on imagination and self-confidence.
Holly Thompson
Of course I liked this book since I am a champion figure skater, too. It's a nice book to read with cute illustrations.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Funny Little Bird
  • Cheetah Can't Lose
  • The Black Rabbit
  • Bully
  • Have You Seen My New Blue Socks?
  • Papa's Mechanical Fish
  • Perfectly Percy
  • Water in the Park: A Book About Water and the Times of the Day
  • Grumpy Goat
  • Picture a Tree
  • Frog Song
The Secret Circus The Orchestra Pit Bandits Clover Twig and the Magical Cottage (Clover Twig, #1) The Best Bike Ride Ever