Start by marking “Intimate Betrayal” as Want to Read:

TO THE MANOR BORN

Independent Alyssa Carrington had run her father's estate for years. But before his death, he auctioned Westgate Manor to the highest bidder, leaving her penniless. With no means to support herself, she was at the mercy of the new lord of the manor --- the dashing Duke of Gillingham.

Now the ladies' man welcomed Alyssa into rooms that were once her own ---
Published December 1st 1995 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about Intimate Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intimate Betrayal

Caz
This is a reissue of a book originally published in 1995, now in e-book form. It’s a fairly run-of-the-mill and rather clichéd historical romance which I didn’t find particularly engaging. There was one part of the story I liked (more of that later), but on the whole it was flat and one-dimensional as, sadly, were the characters.

The heroine, Alyssa Carrington has managed her wastrel father’s estate for years. She’s 24 and fully expects to remain a spinster, having set aside a small sum of money
Debra Taylor
Dec 06, 2012 Debra Taylor rated it liked it

I enjoyed this heartbreakingly emotional regency romance . The characters will captivate the readers . The storyline is intense & ripe with intrigue that will keep you on the edge of your seat . An arrogant Duke meets a woman who will challenge him in every way . First he wanted her for his mistress . Then he wanted her for his bride . And now , she doesn't want him at all . What to do ? Sometimes a Duke must take matters into his own hands . Whether it's for the romance or the suspence - ei
Riz
Dec 02, 2016 Riz rated it liked it
Shelves: english-romance, hr
3.5 Stars
Kayleigh Last
Mar 06, 2017 Kayleigh Last rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I don't know why I finished reading this book. The writing was awful. Too much detail into every movement of the characters, not enough character development, and too much telling not showing.
April
Mar 30, 2013 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
INTIMATE BETRAYAL by Adrienne Basso is an exciting Regency Historical Romance set in 1813 England. Follow, Alyssa Carrington,a feisty,fiercely independent lady who was left penniless by her father and Morgan Ashton,Duke of Gillingham,sexy and handsome who brought Alyssa's beloved Westgate Manor. Alyssa's father auctioned off Westgate Manor to the highest bidder before his death leaving Alyssa not only with no where to go but penniless. What to do? Well Alyssa did the only thing she could do,you ...more
Ursula Okerlund
Dec 23, 2014 Ursula Okerlund rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intimate Betrayal

It is a good Entertaining Story .I read the Story in one day. It took me awhile to figure out who was the bad guy. I had my suspicion and the end proved me right . It would have been the very best if Alyssa had Twins a Boy and a Girl. I would have liked that . As it is it was a good story.
Kelley
Jul 01, 2016 Kelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written

The duke comes to the rescue...sort of. He is offering for her to become his mistress she thinks he offers marriage. Along with the improbable romance the couple must find who is selling secrets to France and implicating the duke.
Barb Chansky
May 16, 2015 Barb Chansky rated it liked it
Found this book while looking through my myriad of boxes for a good reading material for a lazy Saturday afternoon. This one did not disappoint - sweet story, easy reading, great ending (although I sorta figured out who the bad guy was waaay before the ending).
Tiffany
Apr 02, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-13
Every once in a while I enjoy a mindless romance novel.
Jess the Romanceaholic
Predictable, oversexed and melodramatic, but still a decent way to pass the time.
Greeneyes Belle28
Oct 05, 2012 Greeneyes Belle28 rated it it was amazing
Excellent.....
Mariam Markitani
Sep 11, 2015 Mariam Markitani rated it really liked it
Το βιβλιο αυτο με ενθουσιασε απο την αποψη του οτι υποδειχνει διαφορα ιστορικα στοιχεια της εποχης και την πραγματικοτητα ως προς τις ατυχεις συμπτωσεις που πραττονται καθημερινα στη ζωη.
penelopewanders
Although I wasn't expecting to appreciate this, it was quite a good read. For once a heroine with a bit of spine, and the series of events and misunderstandings are slightly less run of the mill.
Sarah rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Jessica Rice
Jessica Rice rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2012
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2008
Brandy
Brandy rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Elc
Elc rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Rhonda Stinnett
Rhonda Stinnett rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Serenity
Serenity rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Shaaaaannnn
Shaaaaannnn rated it did not like it
Sep 20, 2013
Beth S
Beth S rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2013
Becca
Becca rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2011
Grace Birt
Grace Birt rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Zoey
Zoey rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Cassandra Koudela
Cassandra Koudela rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 12:54PM
  • The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)
  • A Fiery Baptism
  • Complete Abandon
  • Levelling the Score
  • Purchased for Revenge
  • Angelo's Captive Virgin
  • The Markonos Bride
  • Surgeon Prince, Ordinary Wife (The Royal House of Niroli, #2)
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • Conor's Way
  • The Sweet Surrender of Janet Buchanan (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #2.5)
  • Wife in the Shadows
  • Kept by Her Greek Boss
  • Scoundrel's Honor (Russian Connection #3)
  • All I Want
  • Champagne Girl
  • Promise of the Rose (deWarenne Dynasty, #2)
  • Just a Kiss Away
Between stints as a corporate financial analyst, marketing consultant, public librarian, wife and mother, Adrienne Basso has parlayed her vivid imagination and desire to tell romantic stories into a writing career. Regency England is her favorite time period and thus far she has set all her historical novels during that elegant time. She enjoys the challenge of creating stories that emphasize the ...more
More about Adrienne Basso...