How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?

How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  15 reviews
It is a sad moment when a young boy discovers he doesn't have enough money to buy the waggely tailed dog he sees in the pet store window. Nothing but that waggely tailed pup will do as a pet for the boy, so he's off to make some money to buy the dog of his dreams!

Misadventures follow and by the end of the week the boy has less money than when he started. Thinking he will j...more
Board Book, 24 pages
Published July 1st 2001 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?

Adrienne
This book has fun illustrations, and I love the story line. It's so sweet to see the little boy using his money to do nice things for his family, and then the twist at the end is great. :)
Julianna
I though that this book was really adorable. It was cute, and silly, and had a nice moral and great illustration. All around good.
Joy
The little boy wants his doggy so badly, but doesn't have enough money. He wants to save his money, but can't. It is raining and nobody comes to his lemonade stand, he gets sick, then he buys his little sister frozen yogurt, his mother chocolates, and his father tissues. He returns to the store only to find that the doggy is gone! When he returns home, he finds that his parents bought him the doggy to thank him for being so nice.
Mary
This is a nice book. The little boy wants the doggie in the window. He doesn't have enough money. He tries to raise the money with a lemonade stand. He gets sick. Instead he uses his money to help his sister, mom an dad. At the end of the book his mom and dad surprise him and buy the dog for him. Wonderful book.
Meg McGregor
I have been reading this book ever since its publication! It was a favorite of my daughter's while she was growing up and is now a favorite one to read at all story times! Great story and whimsical illustrations make this classic nursery rhyme a keeper!
Emily Augustus --Louisville KY
This book has good illustrations...they make it easy for my students to look at and retell or make up their own story. It can also be used for sequencing days of the week.
Hoang
Three things about this book:
1) http://youtu.be/J6h59S9mPKM
2) Selling lemonade in the rain. What a boss.
3) The dog is juggling on page 11!
▲ll-eh-sun
This is my all-time favorite book growing up! I made my parents read it to me every night!
Melanie
One of my favorite childhood songs, with several new verses that teach a great moral.
Melanie
Jamie
If only I could remember this tune from page to page! Geesh!
Afton
Very fun to read to and sing along with the kids. :)
Crystal
It is in a song format. The students will love this book!
Teeyah Heyward
Teeyah Heyward marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Jul 26, 2014
Sarah added it
Apr 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Itsy Bitsy Spider Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star I'm a Little Teapot Baa Baa Black Sheep Row Row Row Your Boat