The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)

The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes #2)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  1,746 ratings  ·  114 reviews
The argument for my bail begins, and I lower my head until the doors behind me crash open with a thunderous roar. A vibration rushes through my body, I look up at the judge as his eyes widen and a cold silence takes hold of the room. It’s him. I know it’s him. It can be no other. Before I can turn I whisper his name and feel the energy of him blaze up my body as if the sim...more
Published June 4th 2012 by D.A.B. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Revenge

Ela
Absolutely loved this book and the continuation of Nick's and Kayla's relationship! My 5 stars should speak for itself but I will add that I just loved little Nicky and his already developing negotiating skills "my chair please"....I just about melted!
Crystal Spears
Even better then I imagined!
Loved Loved Loved it!!!
The Chemistry between the two was even hotter then in the first book.
Action Packed and Drama Loaded.
And the Brother OH DEAR LORD I THINK HE GOT EVEN HOTTER IN THIS NOVEL!
Cristina Buzoianu
As much as I loved the first one in this series, this book didn't work for me. It started really good, just after the events in The Devil's Eyes, but somehow it became repetitive and... I don't know.
Maybe I'll try again someday.
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
5 Awesome STARS!!!

I loved it!

Kayla and Nick are back... this time with Senator Spencer Welch out to get them, and he won't stop until he does! Stupid stupid man!

With everything Nick and Kayla went through and the constant attack they are still getting... and now they know who is behind it all! And Nick is going to take them down one by one...

Never underestimate Nick.... he is watching, waiting to strike.... I love him!

And Kayla, she is not about to just sit and watch... not if she can help...more
Deb
Kayla, still reeling from the loss of Nick, takes control of the Jayzon empire. Nick's younger brother Ryan is there to support and protect her, but when she enters the cross-hairs of men with agenda - including the vice-presidency of the United States as a running mate - she realizes the corruption runs deeper than they thought.

She's been setup, and she needs...him.

Dark, sexy, intense... I could go on with several adjectives describing this amazing sequel to The Devil's Eyes. I had a hard time...more
Naomi Flirty and Dirty Book Blog
This is so not the norm for what I read but I have to say I loved it! I do of late have a bit of a tendancy to lean in the romance/erotic/emotional story lines (and to be fair this book does contain some of the afore mentioned). But this sequel was more based on the battle of prominent criminals and crime lords, with a good dash of political corruptness for good measure.
I enjoyed very much how this story played out with a few good twists. What i liked more was that in most books i read these ca...more
hugsandcookies
Really liking this series so far. Nick is your bad boy hotter than hot, sexy and yes BAD and I love that he's committed totally to Kayla and his two boys.

Book 2 doesn't disappoint and I love how each chapter features that person. Whereas you don't get lost in the story. Looking forward to Book 3.
Zizz

I am in love with this series. This was a bit all over the place but it worked for me anyway. Just when I thought I wouldn't like it as much as the first one, the ending had me hooked eagerly anticipating the third book. Is Franky going to turn up alive eventually?! I get scared just thinking about it.
Jacqueline's Reads
4.25 Stars

I’m so surprised on how much I enjoyed The Devil’s Revenge. Usually it’s difficult for me to like book 2 of series, but Jennifer Loren did not disappoint!

There will be spoilers from The Devil’s Eyes

The Devil’s Revenge start where The Devil’s Eyes leaves off, Kayla sees Nick. It wasn’t a big shocker, but a good cliffy. I thought the Devil’s Revenge would have Kayla and Nick separated for most of the book, but they were not. There’s plenty of Nick and Kayla interaction that kind of weave...more
Trina
This series is my new favorite!!!! Every page was just......WOW!!!! Stories like these just make me so happy to read!!! Edge of your seat, loving every minute!!!!
Deb

She's been setup, and she needs...him.

Kj
This book was an incredible improvement over the first installment.!!!! 3.75 STARS !!!! The writing was better and the story delivery was smoother. I still have a huge problem with the character of Nick. He is basically written as an protective alpha male figure. He loves his wife greatly. This just doesn't jive with the character of Nick in the first half of the first book. (view spoiler)...more
Khanique McDaniel
Will it ever end .... ? Idk! But I know that it's a good little fix when you need some action.

Team Nick and Kayla were back with a vengeance!! Bonnie and Clyde has nothing on these two!

This book series keeps getting better and complex. New characters have arrived and we are getting the opportunity to learn more and build a better connection with the older characters. Nicky is growing up and some new additions are added to the family. Even the secrets are better kept.

If possible, Kayla got even m...more
Lisa stephenson
Wow, a little disappointed I cant read about Nick and Kayla :( This book was the second in the series and it had me on the edge the whole time. The twists were like i didn't see that coming at all, the romance between the two main characters were steamy and hot, and i enjoyed the other characters new or old. Hope there is a book three coming out soon, really enjoyed this series and would recommend it to anyone who loves action with a lot of romance from your everyday alpha male :)
MareTara SLiTsReaD Reviews~Lover of all things MM~Sarcasm Junkie n Kissing SLut~
Ahhhh this was an awesome series!

I wish that it was a little bit more suspensful, I found that the gritty parts went quickly without a lot of dialogue behind it.

Other than that I love Nick and I love how cunning he is!

The last page leaves you in a bit of a cliff hang so I am going to assume there is a book 3 or a spin off with a supporting character.

That I am all for!!

Jenn Green
OhMy wow, just WOW!!! Where do I even begin? Just as awesome as the 1st book!! Action packed & sexy as hell, amazing new charaters (my Fav was Elijah) to go along with what was left of the old crew, lots of twists & surprises, plenty of laughs & soooo damn hard to walk away from my kindle for even a few minutes. Awesome thrill ride!!! God I hope theres more!!!! Love this Author =)
Shan
I loved this one just as much as the first...it was such an adrenaline rush and I loved every second of it! I have a major girl crush on Kayla she was a beast in this installment. The story line kept me intrigued and the special characters were fucking amazing, Eddy and Sam were the bomb! My love for Nick Jayzon quadrupled & I can't wait to start The Devil's Son.
Cecilie
Well, this book had far better editing and writing than number 1. Some of it still reads like a newsfeed, but less jumping around. Nick turns human in this one too. Anyhow, I`m done With this series.
Styles
I presume you know what the book is about.

I enjoyed both books by this author. I'm going to keep an eye out for anything she writes, pretty sure I'll like it. You too. :)
Raby
Not your typical love story...loved it! can't wait for the 3rd book!
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

When I first started reading this book I was very excited about it! I couldn't wait to start reading, and I enjoyed the start of the book a lot. But then towards the middle things just got kind of frustrating to me, and slightly over done. I felt like things just kept repeating themselves.
Nick and Kayla have a wonderful romance that I love to see how it works between them, but there just seems to be so many different factors coming into play now.
Kayla...more
Kristie
**This review contains spoilers**
The Devil’s Eyes
I always enjoy a great story of revenge but I especially enjoy it when it gets complicated.
Kayla Donovan has been studying Nick for years. Driven by the hate she has for him. Oh yeah, did I mention he dated her sister she feel head over heels in love with him, she was controlled by him and died. The only person that cared for her, that loved her was killed and Kayla knows he is responsible for her death, and she wants payback. Kayla finally has h...more
Angela
My biggest issues with this series are the sex scenes, the names, and jumping from scene to scene.

This author appears to be able to write a good sex scene, but she never goes far enough. She does a little description and telling but it's like something is holding her back. I wish she would push past what's holding her back and write a fully developed steamy scene. I don't want a book full of smut. But when the characters seem to reconnect and heal through intimacy and closeness during sex, I ne...more
Divas BookBlog
Joymzz
So brilliant! i really though it was going to be hard to pot off the first book but this one was way better. The action, the suspense, the romance all of that together made this book freaking amazing. I can tell am going to have tons of fun reading the story of Nick and Kaila for a while! and am taking my time to enjoy this series. :)

Ps. Still looking for the perfect casting for this book.
Jamie
✦⟣Kelly⟢✦
Wow what a whacked out story. Kayla....ugh I thought I had a hard time liking her in the first book. It only got worse for me in the second. Nag, nag, nag. She wanted to be a part of everything, she wanted to know Nicks every move, every thought. Leave the poor guy alone! Geesh!
Nick just got more whipped as the story went. I mean is this the same guy from the first book?

The author writes really really well, and that is what held me through the second book. I like the fact that this is a comple...more
Diana Reyes
Even better then I imagined! I love how Nick & Kayla's relationship has evolved into a beautiful union. They have both grown immensely and for that alone I enjoy their journey..The Chemistry between the two was even hotter than in the first book. Action packed and drama loaded! I loved how more of the characters were introduced and given a more deep introduction, it made for a more suspenseful and exciting read. All the characters are great and it's so interesting to get each of their POV. B...more
Ashley
The second book in this series, I actually finished the first book and fell in love with nick! Then to my dismay I went to buy book 2 and couldn't, apparently the author had just signed on with a book company that had taken the books off the market while redoing the covers and stuff...I contacted the author, Jennifer loren, via email and she replied back quickly letting me know that all the books would be back on the market soon, I couldn't wait! I finally got to buy book 2 and I wasn't disappoi...more
As much as I loved the first book,with this one,I don't know what happened,but somewhere along the way I lost interest in it.
Maybe some other time I'll be able to finish it.
  • Unforgivable (Untouchable, #2)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • Truth and Humility (Captive, #1)
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • Saving Anya (The Medlov Crime Family, #4)
  • The Devil's Pawn
  • Be My Baby
  • Insufferable Proximity 2 (Insufferable Proximity, #2)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Alfonzo
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
  • The End of Me (The Single Lady Spy, #1)
  • Revenge (Blood and Honor, #1)
  • Until the End (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • Redemption (The Bet, #2)
Jennifer Loren graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a Fine Arts Degree, specializing in Architecture and Design, and also obtained a second degree in Computer Design. She currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her German Shepherd, Riley. Since she started writing as a child, her aspirations to be a writer have always been in the back of her mind. During the recent troubling econ...more
More about Jennifer Loren...
The Devil's Eyes (The Devil's Eyes, #1) The Devil's Son (The Devil's Eyes, #3) The Devil's Masquerade: The Poison (The Devil's Eyes, #4) The Devil's Masquerade: The Remedy (The Devil's Eyes, #5) Finding Ava (Finding Ava, #1)

“Only God could save me from a certain deadly fate, and so rightfully, he sent the devil to rescue me.” 14 likes
“I assumed he would be busy with some inflatable whore! Or did she round a corner to fast and bust a tit on her way here?” 6 likes