Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Nanny Oggs Kochbuch” as Want to Read:
Nanny Oggs Kochbuch
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Nanny Oggs Kochbuch (Discworld Companion Books)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  5,263 Ratings  ·  147 Reviews
Ein Spaßkochbuch, vor allem für Anfänger der heiteren Kochkünste!

Das ungewöhnlichste Kochbuch seit langer Zeit! Und mehr: Es enthält: ca. 50 Originalrezepte von der Scheibenwelt, dazu bedenkenswerte Weisheiten und gut gemeinte Ratschläge für junge Leute, die an der Schwelle des Abenteuers namens Ehe stehen; sowie Belehrungen über Etikette und viele andere hilfreiche Bemerk
...more
Paperback, German Edition, 174 pages
Published 2006 by Goldmann (first published 1999)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Nanny Oggs Kochbuch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nanny Oggs Kochbuch

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Ана Хелс
Mar 29, 2015 Ана Хелс rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Преди дни изгубихме един от най-бляскавите умове на фентъзито, ако не и на литературата въобще – за незапознатите нещо като Стивън Хокинг на фентъзийния жанр, споделящ в огромна степен и съдбата на най-великия учен в три космоса околовръст. Каква ирония е най-чистите интелекти, които разбират вселената, живота и всичко останало напълно буквално и ясно като майски ден, да бъдат покосявани от болести на ума и тялото, деградиращи човешките им превъплъщения до тромави телесни черупки, недостойни и н ...more
Chris
Sometimes you just have to lighten things up, y'know? As if the jokes-as-philosophy book wasn't light enough.

There have been quite a few spin-off books from Pratchett's Discworld series in the years that he's been doing them. Various maps, the Science of Discworld books, plays, films and now this. And I think we can all agree that spin-offs are never quite as good as the original.

Oh sure, there are laughs to be had - it is Nanny Ogg, after all. If you don't know who she is, then you need to go t
...more
Kristen
Jul 02, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy
I would say a "Must Have" for any Discworld fanatic, but unfortunately it's not a "Must Have"... what it is however is a very fun, whimsical cookbook assembled by our favorite dirty minded witch of Lancre - Nanny Ogg. Though this book does contain recipes (and most of them appear fairly legit) the reason to buy this book is for the old fashioned wisdom that used to come in cookbooks. The more of the Discworld books that you have read, the more you will recognize the names and people mentioned in ...more
Schnuckiputzi
Jan 16, 2008 Schnuckiputzi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people over 21
Shelves: 2008
OMG! This needs to be rated PG-17 -- Strawberry Wobbler?!?! If I made this dish, my husband would have a stroke. This is Nanny Ogg at her naughty best, with apoplectic notes from the editor and the publisher. I sniggered and snerked all the way through.
Plamena Nikolaeva
Леля Ог си е леля Ог.. дори и "редакторите" едвам успяват да я усмирят и да цензурират част от по-пикантните съвети. Разбира се, от всяка вещица има какво да се научи, но тя за разлика от баба Вихронрав например, е и глава на огромно семейство, така че може да се похвали с доста повече опит в... хм, някои сфери на живота.

Смехът е гарантиран, удоволствието също.. за ядивността на рецептите нищо не мога да кажа, защото не съм се престрашила да ги пробвам. Предполагам, че за да се наслади максимал
...more
Anelis
Dec 10, 2014 Anelis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting recipes and wickedly funny anecdotes with discworld's best.
Jo Woolfardis
Nanny Ogg, Witch of Lancre of the Discworld, all-round purveyor of rude songs and logical common sense, has many pieces of advice to offer us, alongside rather questionable but do-able Discworldian recipes for the least delicate connoisseur of cuisine.

I do feel bad for only giving this 2 stars, but my reasons are thus: whilst it gave me incredible joy to read something from the P.O.V. of Nanny Ogg (any of the witches would have done) and whilst there were infrequent titters at the shameless joy
...more
Jonathan
Aug 19, 2011 Jonathan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are several reasons why I love this book.
1. It's a first person perspective of one of my favourite Pratchett characters, Gytha 'Nanny' Ogg. A bawdy, friendly, matriarchal figure who is just beautifully written for.

2. Many of the recipes are provided by other Discworld characters and gives a little additional background and insight into these people, which might otherwise seem a little superfluous shared in the novels themselves.

3. It's a cookbook, so there are actually some decent recip
...more
Madelene
Jun 24, 2011 Madelene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, fantasy
There are recipes in this book, but I don't know if the food's actually edible. I think so, though. The recipes are, however, not the reason why I bought Nanny Ogg's Cookbook. I bought it because I love Nanny Ogg. She's one of my favourite characters, not just from the Discworld novels, but all in all.

The book is filled with little tips based on her wisdom of life. And boose. And men. We also gets some information about the undead:

"At first glance this appears very simple. Nearly everyone you
...more
Spuddie
Jan 09, 2012 Spuddie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers
A hilarious compilation of recipes, Discworld gossip and folklore featuring Nanny Ogg, one of the Discworld's most notable witches. Most of the recipes actually look quite good, although I will need to do some conversions as they're written in UK measurements--which is only to be expected, and I will have to pick up some frogs so I can not add them to the Frog Pills. From the delectable sounding "Sticky Toffee Rat Onna Stick" to the "Knuckle Sandwich" and "Mrs. Gogol's Clairvoyant Gumbo," there' ...more
Любопитка
Изпълнена с изключителното чуство за хумор на сър Тери Пратчет тази книга е поредното добро намигване към нашите порядки и етикет. Може да те разсмее до сълзи или пък да те разплаче до смях. Решила съм да пробвам да приготвя някоя от рецептите и да видя какъв ще бъде крайният резултат.

Цялото ревю може да намерите тук: https://prezprozoreca.wordpress.com/2...
Sarah
Jan 07, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, much-loved
Much obliged for an authoritative explanation of roast figgins. Must try the recipes for Sergeant Angua's vegetable stew and that Unseen University faculty favorite, Wow Wow sauce (first locating a thaumatologically inert glass bottle and stopper, of course). Etiquette tips on how to entertain duchesses, witches, and that gentleman who drops weasels down his trousers for a living should come in handy!
Azumi
Dec 09, 2015 Azumi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recomendado para los muy fans de Pratchett y del Mundodisco.

Las recetas son geniales y algunas hasta parecen comestibles y todo (excepto las recetas de los enanos -_-)

En la segunda parte del libro, Tata da un sinfín de consejos de etiqueta para múltiples ocasiones y de como comportarse con todas las criaturas del Mundodisco.
Knigoqdec
Nov 03, 2016 Knigoqdec rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Много мила и топла книжка за доброто старо време. Бих се престрашила да опитам някоя рецепта, макар че съм голям карък в кухнята.
Може би някой ден...
Не съжалявам, че малко подраних с нея (понеже трябва да си прочел още някоя и друга книжка за Света на Диска, за да си напълно наясно с напълно всички герои, които така отдадено са предложили своите рецепти).
Phoenix
Nov 18, 2015 Phoenix rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-reads
Delightful. Some of the food even appears to be edible.
Jasmiina F
Mar 06, 2015 Jasmiina F rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, humor, cooking
A funny book with some recipes I'm definitely going to try. I liked how there were some famous Discworld characters mentioned in this book, like Vetinari and Rincewind.
DeAnna Knippling
Dec 01, 2015 DeAnna Knippling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun book, with lots of special guest recipes by various Discworld characters. Some of the voices aren't quite up to Sir Terry's level, but it's still good fun.
Kim
Jan 08, 2017 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I just started reading the Discworld series and I'm enjoying it so much I had to get this cookbook to immerse myself into the world. Hilariously funny humour and anecdotes as well as some good advice with a chuckle. Some of the recipes are naughty but actually sound like they'd taste pretty good. It's all in the aaaaa..... presentation. Need to do some conversions though since it is from the UK and is in metrics. The strawberry wobbler will need a modified presentation if you're going to serve i ...more
Cass
May 06, 2017 Cass rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the first and only book I've read about Discworld and so I should not judge the series or the author from just this. But it really was not all the that good. A book of recipes by the character, Nanny Ogg. It also expounded on other traditions of Discworld. I might have to read something from that series before judging this book as only being ok.
Karootka
Ty recepty jsem si tak úplně neužila, myslím, že na mnohé z nich jsem ještě příliš mladá. Zbytek knihy je však plný mouder a poměrně vtipný. Bohužel nejzajímavější pasáže jsou cenzurované.
Clare Fitzgerald
Apr 17, 2015 Clare Fitzgerald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Clare by: Julia
I thought I had read all the Discworld books! Well, I’ve read all the Discworld novels, it turns out. There are other Discworld books out there—faux-nonfiction set in-universe to fulfill that weird sector of the book market where the books are essentially merchandise for other books. It’s a weird sort of metamarketing that I’m never sure what to make of, despite owning a whole bunch of “companion books” for some of my more expansive geeky canons.

One of these amusing extras is Nanny Ogg’s Cookbo
...more
Luciana Darce
Nov 10, 2012 Luciana Darce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuando na minha tradição de começar o ano lendo Pratchett (esse é o quê? O terceiro ou quarto ano consecutivo?), o primeiro livro a sair da estante no alvorecer de 2012 foi o livro de receitas da tia Ogg. E que livro, pessoas... que livro...

Para quem não conhece (embora a essa altura não acredito que algum leitor do Coruja que não conheça), Gytha Ogg é parte da respeitável trindade de bruxas de Lancre que aparecem em Estranhas Irmãs, Quando as Bruxas Viajam e mais uma pá de livros de Pratch
...more
Jane Anne
This book combines two amazing things, Terry Pratchett's beloved witch and cooking. 4.25 stars is probably a better rating but this will have to do. I laughed and enjoyed this cookery book.
Carolin
Oct 09, 2011 Carolin rated it liked it
Ich hatte viel Spaß mit Nanny Ogg, ein Schmunzeln war eigentlich ständiger Begleiter. Auch die Zeichnungen haben mir sehr gut gefallen (am tollsten ist ja die mampfende Katze auf der letzten Seite). Ein paar Rezepte fand ich zwar rein vom Durchlesen weniger nachkochenswert (gibt's das?!), aber ich habe mir auch einiges kopiert, um es mal auszuprobieren. Auch fand ich manche Witze zu platt und manche Anspielungen habe ich bestimmt nicht ganz verstanden, da fehlt mir noch ein bisschen Scheibenwelt ...more
Rene Majer
Jan 03, 2016 Rene Majer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Říká se, že láska prochází žaludkem, ale Stařenka Oggová říká, že ten, kdo tohle tvrdí, nezná dobře anatomii. Originální sbírka jejích receptů povzbudí erotický život v každém věku. Suroviny jsou dostupné i u nás, takže se i vy můžete o zázračném účinku stařenčiných jídel sami přesvědčit. Bohatě ilustrovaná kuchařka je doplněna mnoha dalšími informacemi, například o stolování trpaslíků i trollů, o filosofii vaření. Přemýšlíte o vhodném dárku pro slečnu či dámu? Už nemusíte.

Stařenka Oggová, jedna
...more
Text Addict
I received this book as a gift last year, and I understand it had to actually be shipped from Britain - apparently there is no market in the US for funny cookbooks based on fantasy-fiction characters. Besides me, that is.

Anyway, I read more than halfway through it last year and then misplaced it in a pile of other books, and only re-discovered it this week. Finishing it made a great way to procrastinate this afternoon.

You have to have at least read Terry Pratchett's Discworld series to get the
...more
Deb
Sep 20, 2007 Deb rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pratchett fans who like to own unusual Discworld paraphernalia
Shelves: fantasy-sf, humor, cooking
This is not really a cookbook. The text may, from time to time, arrange itself into recipe-esque formations containing ingredient lists populated by items with descriptions that resemble what you might define as "food," but I repeat: this is not really a cookbook.

Inside the book is a collection of nice-to-know, but not essential-to-own, Discworld trivia. The writing is meta-fan-fiction, an author's attempt at poking at himself from the outside-in. It was an amusing read, but my hopes were dashed
...more
Kat Masek
Apr 04, 2011 Kat Masek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So funny and naughty and sweet--purportedly penned by one of the delightful witches in the funny fantasies I love by the recently (and too, too early) deceased Terry Pratchett. For me, to read Terry Pratchett is to feel that there is sanity and fun in the world, a zany commonality that overrides craziness and our differences. Oh, Terry, Terry, won't you come back?

Since Sir Terry died on March 12 of this year at age 66, after valiantly carrying on for years with early-onset Alzheimer's, I have re
...more
Dane Cobain
This book is an odd one, because it’s a real book that’s based on a fictional book, which appears in Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series. Nanny Ogg’s Cookbook is ostensibly a collection of the witch’s recipes, but I have to admit that I didn’t try any of them.

But they are, at least, all possible, and there’s some additional writing on the Discworld here that you won’t find anywhere else. Unfortunately, the very fact that you won’t find it anywhere else means that I felt compelled to read this, wi
...more
Adelina 'Змей' Genova
http://knigozavar.com/nanny-ogg-cookb...

Ако можех да избирам свят, в който да живея, това щеше да е Света на Диска и, по възможност, щях да направя леля Ог своя приятелка. Първо, защото никак не е зле да познаваш вещица и второ, защото леля Ог е точната вещица, ако имаш нужда от закрила и забава (никой да не казва на баба Вихронрав!)

Като оставим настрана това, че са поднесени като на шега, то спокойно може да се каже, че в книгата всъщност присъстват доста прилични рецепти, които могат да бъдат
...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
Goodreads Librari...: Missing Page Count for ISBN 0739438220 2 10 Sep 29, 2013 08:51PM  
  • The Wyrdest Link: A Terry Pratchett Discworld Quizbook
  • Terry Pratchett's Hogfather: The Illustrated Screenplay
  • The Mammoth Book of New Comic Fantasy
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Legends Volume 2
  • My Favorite Fantasy Story
  • Terry Pratchett
  • Steven Moffat's Doctor Who 2010: The Critical Fan's Guide to Matt Smith's First Series (Unauthorized)
  • The Wizards of Odd
  • The Misplaced Battleship
  • The Oxford Book of Fantasy Stories
  • Here Comes Garfield
  • Star Trek Cookbook
  • The Evolution Man: Or, How I Ate My Father
1654
Sir Terry Pratchett sold his first story when he was thirteen, which earned him enough money to buy a second-hand typewriter. His first novel, a humorous fantasy entitled The Carpet People, appeared in 1971 from the publisher Colin Smythe.

Terry worked for many years as a journalist and press officer, writing in his spare time and publishing a number of novels, including his first Discworld novel,
...more
More about Terry Pratchett...

Other Books in the Series

Discworld Companion Books (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Discworld Companion
  • The New Discworld Companion
  • Turtle Recall: The Discworld Companion . . . So Far
  • The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld
  • The Art of Discworld
  • The Folklore of Discworld
  • The Compleat Ankh-Morpork: City Guide
  • Discworld's Unseen University Diary 1998
  • Discworld's Ankh Morpork City Watch Diary 1999
  • Discworld Assassins' Guild Yearbook and Diary 2000

Share This Book