Start by marking “Eat Your Peas, Louise! (Rookie Reader Rhyme)” as Want to Read:
Eat Your Peas, Louise! (Rookie Reader Rhyme)

Eat Your Peas, Louise! (Rookie Reader Rhyme)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  12 reviews
All Rookie Readers actively engage young readers, encouraging language development, building fluency, and promoting independent reading. By targeting a skill, like learning about rhymes, young readers are building fundamental reading skills with the help of fun, lively, colorfully illustrated stories.
Published January 1st 1997 by Children's Press(CT) (first published March 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Eat Your Peas, Louise!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat Your Peas, Louise!

I must say this book is nothing too special to the average reader, but for me, it opened up a whole new world in first grade. I was not a reader until I was made to read this book. My mother made me march back into my classroom since I had "forgotten" a book to read over the weekend. My teacher insisted that I take the book she had read to the class that day, in which was "Eat Your Peas Louise". So my many thanks to my mom, first-grade teacher (Mrs. B) and Pegeen Snow for making me a life-long r ...more
Alice Martin
I love this book. It is very entertaining for children, involving a very strong lead character and imaginative scenarios. The story is about a little girl that is being told she must ‘eat her peas’ by her mum, a very relatable and real scenario for many children. Immediately children are excited by the story. The mother makes all kinds of promises to her daughter, if she would only eat her peas! As the story goes on, the pages are filled with vibrant images of 50 ice creams, 29 bikes, and hundre ...more
Kia M.
This is a great book for emerging readers. It is alo filled with many sight words that they also listed in the back of the book. This book had a very nice rhyme scheme and could also be geared towards a lesson on teaching your students to be polite and have manners.
Widad Hussein
Eat Your Peas, Louise has a lexile level of 150 which is for grade level of one. However, based on the content and pictures of the book, I would categorize it as early elementary for those who are around 3-4 years old. The main character is Louise and it is in 3rd point of view. The setting is in her home. The book is about a father trying to convince his daughter Louise to eat her peas. He gives her different ways to eat it such as adding cheese, tells her they can go fishing if she eats it, an ...more
I haven't read this book since I was in kindergarten (I'm a freshman in college now), but all these years later I still remember this book. It was the first book I read and took an Accelerated Readers test on. Oh the memories.
For a book that is written for beginning readers, this is a pretty cute little story. It's a rhyming book, which is probably obvious from the title, but can you guess the magic word? ;)
Jasmin Garcia
"Eat Your Peas, Louise" is a story about a brother trying to pursue his sister to eat her peas. Through all his struggle he finally gets his sister to eat her peas by the end of the book. I liked this story because I think I'd would be a great book to help introduce children to rhyming and reading fluency. It would have to be used for beginning readers of course because of its easy read text. It also comes with a word list at the end and is great for teaching nutrition.
Childlike and imaginative, snow captures the soul and animosity of a stubborn kid with culinary etiquette....or does she?
This book is great, I had an autistic child read it to me and he found the rhyming to be hilarious and it kept him intersted.
My favorite part was when Louise didn't eat her peas.
Good book to learn sight words.
May 29, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
Cons Carvajal
Cons Carvajal marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Lexus Monae
Lexus Monae marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Jun 30, 2015
WCNS added it
Jun 23, 2015
WNS Health
WNS Health marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Natasha Purcell
Natasha Purcell marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A Pet for Pat Eat Your Pease, Louise! And Here's Your New Sister! Mrs. Periwinkle's Groceries I'm a Rookie Reader