Start by marking “Finding Ruth (Coming Home to Brewster, #2)” as Want to Read:
Finding Ruth (Coming Home to Brewster, #2)

Finding Ruth (Coming Home to Brewster #2)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  208 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Ruthie Hammond had a dream. After high school she was moving to a big city...anywhere but Brewster. Surely God had a plan for her, and it wasn't in this small, nowhere town. Twenty years later she's back in Brewster working at a failing radio station with her boyfriend Jack. She's given up on God and if she wants to get out of town, she'll have to do it solo. But when her ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Finding Ruth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Ruth

Beth Peninger
Jun 10, 2011 Beth Peninger rated it really liked it
Roxanne Henke has a style that draws me in. She writes her books, at least the ones I have read so far, from not just one viewpoint but from at least two. It's great to hear what is going on in the minds of all the characters.
Ruth, or Ruthie for those closest to her, has been wandering for 20 years. She's been living in regret and that's always the fastest way to breed discontent, bitterness, unhappiness, etc. She's invested her money and her life in a guy who is out for himself. Things are goi
Ranee
Jun 04, 2015 Ranee rated it liked it
Many things I liked about this book but there was almost verbatim repeats of the author going over the thoughts of the characters in parts. Also, a pivotal point is when the leading man realizes that he's concerned about whether his love loves God enough but he doesn't talk to her about it, just like he didn't ever seem to let her explain why she refused his first proposal.
Becky
Nov 07, 2009 Becky rated it really liked it
I read this book because I read the first one in this series by Henke. Loved the first one, and this one was just alright. I like how "being content where you are" was mainly the theme, but for some reason, romance just isn't what I'm in to. Maybe it's because secretly that's what I want? LOL I surely don't know...

But, the book didn't capture my interest the way the first one did (After Anne) but I did want to know how it ended. So I guess it all worked out for me anyways LOL :)
Ali Wang
Jun 16, 2008 Ali Wang rated it liked it
This is the next one for my trip to NY! Really good book that reminds you to be content in wherever you are. It made me think about what am I doing in this life and where do I find meaning... I also really identify with the main character who is searching for meaning in her life in her work. Good book to set your priorities...
Carol
May 19, 2010 Carol rated it really liked it
I have read the 1st two in this series and have enjoyed them both. Both relatively fast reads but with different messages. This book centered around being content wherever we are. A tough message to follow but was a well developed theme in this book. I look forward to book 3.
Carol
Apr 29, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
A great read! A good reminder about the importance of seeking the Lord's direction during life's ups and downs and feeling His involvement instead of trying to go it alone. I'll enjoy reading more of Roxanne Henke's books.
Larisha
Sep 28, 2011 Larisha rated it it was amazing
Roxanne Henke shares in her 2nd book in the series
another wonderful story about spiritual growth,
being content where God has placed you, relationships,
and choices.

Love her warm writting style.
Julie Taylor
Aug 05, 2011 Julie Taylor rated it it was amazing
This entire series is a must-read. It has everything you need, as a reader. It's been 4-5 years since I read this series, and it hasn't been topped, yet.
Ruth
Oct 09, 2008 Ruth rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Michelle, Carla,
I bought this book for the title. Very light reading but had a very good message. We should learn to be content whereever we are!
Dale Wilen
Mar 21, 2008 Dale Wilen rated it really liked it
This is a great book in a series written by a personal friend of mine. They are sort of chick books, but not really....
Kara S
Dec 20, 2008 Kara S added it
Loved this book as well, taught me that we sometimes think we want more when we are where we belong all along.
Teri Hancock
Great continuation of unlikely friendships and the power we have to help each other through difficult situtations.
Marianne
Feb 03, 2011 Marianne rated it really liked it
Second book in the Coming back to Brewster series. Read this a long time ago and never forgot.
Sep 18, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Great book! I love these "feel-good" Christian fiction books. They "warm my soul!"
Carla Sokotuk
Jul 02, 2010 Carla Sokotuk rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Carla by: Mildred Grassley
Great story of finding yourself and where you can be content.
Michelle
Aug 31, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Coming Home to Brewsters series / book two
Jen
Jan 31, 2010 Jen rated it really liked it
As usual, Roxanne rocks!!!!
Elaine
Mar 12, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jf
JF-YAHen
Mwaehner
Mwaehner marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Carolann Turner
Carolann Turner marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
June Bowles
June Bowles marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Stacey
Stacey added it
Apr 27, 2016
Betty Willis
Betty Willis is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
  • Storm: 1798-1800 (The Great Awakenings #3)
  • Jamie MacLeod: Highland Lass (Highland Collection, #1)
  • Season of Blessing (Seasons, #4)
  • A Hilltop in Tuscany
  • White Nights, Red Morning (The Russians, #6)
  • The Truth Teller
  • My Life as a Doormat (In Three Acts)
  • The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
  • Beyond the Picket Fence
  • The Mitford Bedside Companion: A Treasury of Favorite Mitford Moments, Author Reflections on the Bestselling Se ries, and More. Much More.
  • Women's Intuition

Coming Home to Brewster (5 books)
  • After Anne (Coming Home to Brewster, #1)
  • Becoming Olivia (Coming Home to Brewster, #3)
  • Always Jan (Coming Home to Brewster, #4)
  • With Love, Libby (Coming Home to Brewster, #5)