Finding Ruth (Coming Home to Brewster, #2)

Finding Ruth (Coming Home to Brewster #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Ruthie Hammond had a dream. After high school she was moving to a big city...anywhere but Brewster. Surely God had a plan for her, and it wasn't in this small, nowhere town. Twenty years later she's back in Brewster working at a failing radio station with her boyfriend Jack. She's given up on God and if she wants to get out of town, she'll have to do it solo. But when her...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Harvest House Publishers

Beth Peninger
Roxanne Henke has a style that draws me in. She writes her books, at least the ones I have read so far, from not just one viewpoint but from at least two. It's great to hear what is going on in the minds of all the characters.
Ruth, or Ruthie for those closest to her, has been wandering for 20 years. She's been living in regret and that's always the fastest way to breed discontent, bitterness, unhappiness, etc. She's invested her money and her life in a guy who is out for himself. Things are goi...more
Becky
I read this book because I read the first one in this series by Henke. Loved the first one, and this one was just alright. I like how "being content where you are" was mainly the theme, but for some reason, romance just isn't what I'm in to. Maybe it's because secretly that's what I want? LOL I surely don't know...

But, the book didn't capture my interest the way the first one did (After Anne) but I did want to know how it ended. So I guess it all worked out for me anyways LOL :)
Ali Wang
This is the next one for my trip to NY! Really good book that reminds you to be content in wherever you are. It made me think about what am I doing in this life and where do I find meaning... I also really identify with the main character who is searching for meaning in her life in her work. Good book to set your priorities...
Carol
I have read the 1st two in this series and have enjoyed them both. Both relatively fast reads but with different messages. This book centered around being content wherever we are. A tough message to follow but was a well developed theme in this book. I look forward to book 3.
Carol
A great read! A good reminder about the importance of seeking the Lord's direction during life's ups and downs and feeling His involvement instead of trying to go it alone. I'll enjoy reading more of Roxanne Henke's books.
Larisha
Roxanne Henke shares in her 2nd book in the series
another wonderful story about spiritual growth,
being content where God has placed you, relationships,
and choices.

Love her warm writting style.
Julie Taylor
This entire series is a must-read. It has everything you need, as a reader. It's been 4-5 years since I read this series, and it hasn't been topped, yet.
Ruth
Oct 09, 2008 Ruth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Michelle, Carla,
I bought this book for the title. Very light reading but had a very good message. We should learn to be content whereever we are!
Dale Wilen
This is a great book in a series written by a personal friend of mine. They are sort of chick books, but not really....
Kara S
Dec 20, 2008 Kara S added it
Loved this book as well, taught me that we sometimes think we want more when we are where we belong all along.
Teri Hancock
Great continuation of unlikely friendships and the power we have to help each other through difficult situtations.
Marianne
Second book in the Coming back to Brewster series. Read this a long time ago and never forgot.
Great book! I love these "feel-good" Christian fiction books. They "warm my soul!"
Carla Sokotuk
Jul 02, 2010 Carla Sokotuk rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Carla by: Mildred Grassley
Great story of finding yourself and where you can be content.
Michelle
Nov 19, 2008 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Michelle by: mom
an easy read - I really enjoy these feel good books - Thanks Mom
Lisa
Aug 31, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Coming Home to Brewsters series / book two
Jen
As usual, Roxanne rocks!!!!
Elaine
Jun 15, 2009 Elaine added it
Cws
Mar 12, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jf
JF-YAHen
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
After Anne (Coming Home to Brewster, #1) Becoming Olivia (Coming Home to Brewster, #3) Learning to Fly With Love, Libby (Coming Home to Brewster, #5) Always Jan (Coming Home to Brewster, #4)