Start by marking “I Am Not A Loser” as Want to Read:
I Am Not A Loser

I Am Not A Loser (Barry Loser #1)

The first of three notebooks belonging to Barry Loser—perfect for reluctant readers, this silly series will be enjoyed by fans of Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I've never minded that my name's Barry Loser because my coolness has always cancelled it out, but ever since Darren Darrenofski joined school with his horrible little crocodile face he's been completely ruining my life about
Published May 24th 2012 by Egmont (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about I Am Not A Loser, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am Not A Loser

Sunny
Mar 26, 2016 Sunny rated it really liked it
This book made me want to read more and more. Try to read this book, it was very fun.
Natalie
Aug 16, 2014 Natalie rated it it was amazing
I'm 23 and I think this book is brilliant. It reminds me of the stupid things you would say as a kid and it's a giggle of a story.
Cameron
Aaron
Oct 14, 2015 Aaron rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
Barry, a kid at school, somehow has a last name called loser. But most of the time, his coolness cancels that out. Suddenly, there was a new guy called Darren. He burps in Barry's show, laughs at Barry's haircut, and always teases Barry for his last name. Barry is really fed up and annoyed. He lied to Darren that there was a new Fronkle, a type of soda, that Darren loved, called Banana Fronkle. It was a lie, but it was catching Darren's attention. Darren was asking him that all day. Even after h ...more
C Wharton
Oct 20, 2016 C Wharton rated it it was amazing

One of Barry's favourite TV shows is "Future RatBoy". Future RatBoy says the word 'keel' instead of cool, which Barry and his friend Bunky absolutely LOVE!! These Barry Loser books are pretty keel to me, too!

In Barry's school, there is a bully called Darrenofski, and he is really foul. He's always trying to ruin someone's life!! Luckily, Barry copes ok with Darrenofski's bullying ways.

One more thing, I love how they have got big noses in the illustrations. Why not?!!!
Charli
Sep 13, 2012 Charli rated it liked it
Not one of the best IYLYL titles for the wimpy kid series, but it's okay. The way it's written is a bit odd, and the overuse of saying amen at the end of a lot of pages was a little grating. It may be my age talking, but I'm not sure I quite 'got' it. I'll reccommend it as a last resort, but I know there are better books for this age range out there.
Victoria
Aug 31, 2012 Victoria rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
As a kid's bookseller come across many books that jump on the bandwagon of other authors. This has a simailr style to the Wimpy Kid books only aimed for the younger child. It is fun and simple and slightly crazy - it is written by the creator of the Waldo Pancake stuff so I suppose that is to be expected. I still prefer some of the other humerous titles for the 5-8 year old that are out there.
Robert
Jan 13, 2016 Robert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Worst

This is, by far, the worst book I have ever read.
And I do read a lot.

Worst humour. Worst ideas. Worst plot. The third-to-worst illustrations.

But this is, after all, just my personal judgement. Read it for yourself and see.

What do you have to LOSE? (other than precious time)
Tamara
Aug 22, 2014 Tamara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: herbo
my brother recommended me this, and it's been on my to-read shelf for a long time. I wish I read it sooner seeing as it's quite a funny little book. I love the illustration and the plot and it's just a fun read from start to finish! If you have any younger siblings then get this for them, they'll love it!
Marijke Jansen
May 05, 2014 Marijke Jansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Dit boek is supergrappig en erg leuk voor jongens (en meiden) vanaf zeven jaar. Kinderen die lonkend kijken naar de 'Leven van een Loser' boeken, maar daar eigenlijk nog te jong voor zijn, zullen hier zeker van smullen!
Ashraful Abedin
Sep 06, 2015 Ashraful Abedin rated it liked it
I love the way the book is laid out. When i was working with my students, I realised that Barry loser books are very easy on the eye for reluctant readers. It is very oddly laid out but yet very creative. I still prefer some of the other humorous titles for the 5-8 year old that are out there.

Danaldrich
Jul 19, 2015 Danaldrich marked it as to-read
its berry keel i loov eat
Eva Eva
Aug 18, 2014 Eva Eva rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Es el Manolito Gafotas inglés.
Bookworm062
Nov 19, 2013 Bookworm062 rated it it was ok
It was okay ...................................
Alex Matthews
Feb 07, 2014 Alex Matthews rated it really liked it
very good opening book and very funny
Kiera
May 22, 2014 Kiera rated it it was amazing
barry books are so funny and I like my dad is a loser cause my dad sssooo loserkeel . I amadjen my brother beaing keelish barry and my dad beaing the loserface dad. BY KIERA BAKER
harry stainer bilton
Can I read it
Adam Cabuk
Jan 22, 2013 Adam Cabuk rated it really liked it
I loved this book,i loved how Barry referenced futer ratboy like an idol. The only thing that bugged me with this book is hey replaced cool with keel.
Daniel
Mar 08, 2014 Daniel rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK IT IS AMAZIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Piers
Feb 09, 2014 Piers rated it it was amazing
Total keelness
Shannon
Mar 15, 2015 Shannon rated it really liked it
Total keelness
Yim
Mar 11, 2015 Yim rated it really liked it
After reading a bunch of books full of texts, this is a nice break! The story is hilarious and cute.
Sally Smale
Jan 07, 2014 Sally Smale rated it it was ok
Am I missing something?
Taija Etienne
Taija Etienne rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2017
Patricia
Patricia rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Super SIlly Boy's World
Dec 02, 2016 Super SIlly Boy's World rated it it was amazing
The book was brilliant and funny.
Rubab Ali
Rubab Ali rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
William
William rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2015
James Wilson
James Wilson rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2014
  • Levant: Splendour and Catastrophe on the Mediterranean
  • Wild Boy and the Black Terror
  • Underground  Overground: A Passenger's History of the Tube
  • Lives of the Novelists: A History of Fiction in 294 Lives
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #2)
  • The Hopeless Life Of Charlie Summers
  • A Boy and A Bear in a Boat
  • Tom Gates is Absolutely Fantastic [at Some Things] (Tom Gates, #5)
  • Twelve Minutes to Midnight (Twelve Minutes to Midnight, #1)
  • The Whole Story and Other Stories
  • Darcy Burdock
  • The Rover Adventures: The Giggler Treatment / Rover Saves Christmas / The Meanwhile Adventures
  • Timmy in Trouble
  • Ice Lolly
  • Vamoose! (Pocket Money Puffins)
After graduating with a first class degree in advertising, graphic design and illustration in 1997, Jim Smith was spotted by the owner of a small coffee shop chain and brought in to fill the walls of their flagship store with his paintings.

It was a three month contract; seventeen years later, Jim is head of design at Puccino's Worldwide Ltd, now an international coffee shop franchise with stores i
More about Jim Smith...

Barry Loser (8 books)
  • I Am Still Not a Loser
  • I Am So Over Being a Loser
  • I Am Sort of a Loser (Barry Loser)
  • Barry Loser and the Holiday of Doom
  • Barry Loser and the Case of the Crumpled Carton
  • Barry Loser hates half term (The Barry Loser Series)
  • Barry Loser and the birthday billions (The Barry Loser Series)