Start by marking “Love, Life and Linguine” as Want to Read:
Love, Life and Linguine

Love, Life and Linguine

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A unique voice, Melissa Jacobs delivers a second fun–filled, food–filled novel.

Mimi's life is an open book, or rather, an open menu.

A restaurant consultant, she's helped launch some of the best restaurants in Philly and around the world. And she even managed to turn her boyfriend Nick into the nation's hottest celebrity chef. But when she comes home and discovers that Nick
Published March 28th 2006 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Love, Life and Linguine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Life and Linguine

Carissa
I have to say I was a little disappointed with this book. I had this picture in my head before reading it and it really did not reach any of my expectations. Yes there were a few LOL moments, and a lovers quarrel that spiked a little interest, but all in all I felt that this one was kind of a dud. The main character Mimi had a weird habit of naming strange objects, such as her libido (aka Diva), which I thought was funny at first, but then just got kind of weird and a little annoying. Her suitca ...more
MaryAnne
A sweet read...with a lovely ending
Jen
I don't expect much from chick lit, but this 'heroine' seemed almost pathological in her love for naming inanimate objects. At first I'd thought it was a vaguely clever way to show her disconnect from human relationships, but it never goes away. I've read worse...the characters are pretty flat, the situations are a bit uninteresting, and I've read other chick books that do 'food' and 'restaurants' much better, but at least it's a fast read.
Nikki
May 01, 2011 Nikki rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: friends, fans of chick lit
Quick and light chick lit read. Nice change for me since I had been reading a lot of non-fiction lately. I usually don't like when authors leave an ambiguous ending, and the reader is left to decide what will happen in the future - but I actually felt it worked in this story. It also made me hope for a follow up to this novel - maybe a few more and make it into a series - just to see what happens with Mimi's career and love life....
Arsimms28
I actually got so into this book I read it all at once practically! I was on page 5 and the next night I read it entirely in three hours! Pretty good book...a little predictable, but a nice twist at the end. I wouldn't mind finding myself in this girls shoes with the men she had to choose from...Farmer Joe would have had won the race hands down =)
Amanda
This was an easy read, I got it basically done in one night. I didn't like how the narrator has nicknames for everything and I mean everything. Some parts of the story weren't so believable. Yet I finished it and I can't say that about a lot of the chick lit I start. It was at least interesting enough for me to keep reading.
Cass
Fluffy, girly, cutsie stuff. A buddy at work gave me this and it was easy to read, despite its formulaic approach and lack of any real depth. It would have gotten 2 stars but a date takes place in Collingswood (what, what!) and there are several SJ mentions.
Jen
Sep 25, 2007 Jen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fiction
Another great one from Jacobs. This one's about one woman's decision to change her life, and how to pick between two very different guys who would like to call her their own. Great read.

I interviewed the author for New Jersey Monthly.
Alison
This book was actually pretty good.... entertaining and an easy, fun read. Perfect "beach" book. And a total "chick book"!
Maria
A really sweet, and fast, fantastic chick-lit book! Not outrightly romancy which is nice and with a lovely ending!
Jocelyn
A little draggy. Ending was very unclear though, so did the guys go to Europe with her??
Allerina
Short and sweet. A nice enjoyable read.
Christine Powers
A cute book with a fun story
Annie West
Fantastic story!
Ellenjsmellen
I loved this one.
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Catherine
Catherine is currently reading it
Oct 27, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Hannah Wright
Hannah Wright marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Trang
Trang marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Dipak
Dipak marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle + Driven to Distraction + Taken for a Ride
  • Rock My World (The Wrong Bed) (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Lake Magic
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Big Sky Standoff
  • Mother, Please!
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Bedding the Enemy (McJames, #3)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
Lexi James and the Council of Girlfriends Survival Guide of the Entrepreneurial Woman