Start by marking “Love, Life and Linguine” as Want to Read:
Love, Life and Linguine

Love, Life and Linguine

A unique voice, Melissa Jacobs delivers a second fun–filled, food–filled novel.

Mimi's life is an open book, or rather, an open menu.

A restaurant consultant, she's helped launch some of the best restaurants in Philly and around the world. And she even managed to turn her boyfriend Nick into the nation's hottest celebrity chef. But when she comes home and discovers that Nick
Published March 28th 2006 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Love, Life and Linguine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Life and Linguine

Carissa
Jun 08, 2010 Carissa rated it liked it
I have to say I was a little disappointed with this book. I had this picture in my head before reading it and it really did not reach any of my expectations. Yes there were a few LOL moments, and a lovers quarrel that spiked a little interest, but all in all I felt that this one was kind of a dud. The main character Mimi had a weird habit of naming strange objects, such as her libido (aka Diva), which I thought was funny at first, but then just got kind of weird and a little annoying. Her suitca ...more
Nikki
Apr 04, 2009 Nikki rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: friends, fans of chick lit
Quick and light chick lit read. Nice change for me since I had been reading a lot of non-fiction lately. I usually don't like when authors leave an ambiguous ending, and the reader is left to decide what will happen in the future - but I actually felt it worked in this story. It also made me hope for a follow up to this novel - maybe a few more and make it into a series - just to see what happens with Mimi's career and love life....
Jen
Aug 13, 2012 Jen rated it it was ok
I don't expect much from chick lit, but this 'heroine' seemed almost pathological in her love for naming inanimate objects. At first I'd thought it was a vaguely clever way to show her disconnect from human relationships, but it never goes away. I've read worse...the characters are pretty flat, the situations are a bit uninteresting, and I've read other chick books that do 'food' and 'restaurants' much better, but at least it's a fast read.
Amanda
Mar 13, 2008 Amanda rated it it was ok
This was an easy read, I got it basically done in one night. I didn't like how the narrator has nicknames for everything and I mean everything. Some parts of the story weren't so believable. Yet I finished it and I can't say that about a lot of the chick lit I start. It was at least interesting enough for me to keep reading.
Arsimms28
Jul 15, 2010 Arsimms28 rated it really liked it
I actually got so into this book I read it all at once practically! I was on page 5 and the next night I read it entirely in three hours! Pretty good book...a little predictable, but a nice twist at the end. I wouldn't mind finding myself in this girls shoes with the men she had to choose from...Farmer Joe would have had won the race hands down =)
Jen
Sep 24, 2007 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Another great one from Jacobs. This one's about one woman's decision to change her life, and how to pick between two very different guys who would like to call her their own. Great read.

I interviewed the author for New Jersey Monthly.
Cass
Oct 28, 2008 Cass rated it liked it
Fluffy, girly, cutsie stuff. A buddy at work gave me this and it was easy to read, despite its formulaic approach and lack of any real depth. It would have gotten 2 stars but a date takes place in Collingswood (what, what!) and there are several SJ mentions.
Maria
Jan 04, 2009 Maria rated it really liked it
A really sweet, and fast, fantastic chick-lit book! Not outrightly romancy which is nice and with a lovely ending!
Alison
Jan 09, 2013 Alison rated it liked it
This book was actually pretty good.... entertaining and an easy, fun read. Perfect "beach" book. And a total "chick book"!
Jocelyn
Nov 12, 2011 Jocelyn rated it liked it
A little draggy. Ending was very unclear though, so did the guys go to Europe with her??
Allerina
Apr 26, 2011 Allerina rated it liked it
Short and sweet. A nice enjoyable read.
MaryAnne
Jul 04, 2014 MaryAnne rated it really liked it
A sweet read...with a lovely ending
Christine Powers
Mar 18, 2009 Christine Powers rated it liked it
A cute book with a fun story
Ellenjsmellen
Jun 16, 2008 Ellenjsmellen rated it really liked it
I loved this one.
TINA SITLER LEED
Quik readc

Very predictable., but a fun read. No thinking required. Good to read. By the pool. Different writing style the entire book is 1 chapter
Annie West
Marco
Marco rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Jackie Dutton
Jackie Dutton rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2012
Evonne D. Lawrence
Evonne D. Lawrence rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Meghan
Meghan rated it really liked it
May 30, 2009
Maki
Maki rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2012
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Sitara Gardner
Sitara Gardner rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2015
Leah George
Leah George rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2009
Laurie Martin
Laurie Martin rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2011
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2008
Trish Ruthven
Trish Ruthven rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2009
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
  • Lake Magic
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • Day By Day (Steeple Hill Home Ties, #2)
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs
  • The Captive
  • Here Comes Trouble
  • Heart of Gold (Rainbow Chasers #1)